Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• Nice match Cuneo - Modena. Wijsmans' monster attack in a tie-break... :obey: it made that my eyes looked like two big coins. And his hairstyle is not so bad. Actually, I prefer him like that :D And Martino :lol: I don't remember when I saw him last time... but seeing him today made me laugh :lol: as well as his hairstyle.

• How could we lose 3-0 against Padova... I'm so sad :(
    Also can't believe that Latina won against Trento... :O so now we're 8th and we're going to play against Macerata in Coppa Italia! Of course we don't have any hopes against Macerata/Trento/Cuneo anyway but after today I'm even surer... how can you play at the same level of Monza which is 5th and lose 3-0 against Piacenza and Padova that's a mistery to me... :/ of course we don't have Bjelica and that's bad for us but we played Monza last week not months ago.
    Never seen Zaytsev so angry before :O when the match was almost over and we were like 22-18, I can't remember exactly, a man shouted "go home, you're ridicolous" or something like that and as soon as Giani called time out Ivan turned his head and shouted "what the f**k are you talking about?"... I was pretty close and that was scary :/
    So disappointed...and we're playing against Modena on sunday, I don't even wanna think about it... this was supposed to be one of the easiest matches...

• In the critical moment when Juantorena had to score hard points vs the block that usually Matey meets, he didn't manage well. Blocked 5 times, one of which for the match-point. That is not surprising, however, what is surprising is that he was not himself on serve and poor on reception, which happens rarely as he is the most consistent server.

What would Bella and Olja think of Jakob, now :lol: I told you he is good :thumbup:

• What would Bella and Olja think of Jakob, now :lol: I told you he is good :thumbup:

Dear Raylight, in case you forgot, but I was actually one of the defenders of Kuba...even though sometimes it was really hard to find any good arguments :D When I was defending him (along with Nadejda, and some other users) there has always appeared a huge wave of comments, such as 'He's so average, pathetic, bla bla bla' .
    But anyway come on, do you really think I will always be so uncritical towards him? :D Sometimes he deserves to get a little spanked, 'cause then he rebirths and starts playing reaaaaally well :D Ok, now seriously I'm extremly happy with his performace, I'm really proud of him, he finally shows what he's really capable of. Of course I know he will always be a very average and overrated player for a lot of people, but I've seen a lot of matches with this guy, and you guys probably as well, and maybe that already starts to sound cliche, but his biggest problem is his mentality, and our coaches also claimed that. This guy needs a lot of trust and confidence, and once he gets it, he won't fail (that much :D )
    It's interesting how bad Kuba can be sometimes, playing against some average team, and when we face some great teams, who are often considered as better than our NT, he wakes up and plays like in a trance! Well...I see that it concerns not only NT :D

Kuba, you're the man, show it as often as you can!

• MVP

Michele BARANOWICZ (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo - Casa Modena)
    Jakub JAROSZ (Andreoli Latina - Itas Diatec Trentino)
    Aidan ZINGEL (Marmi Lanza Verona - Lube Banca Marche Macerata)
    Robert HORSTINK (Sisley Belluno - CMC Ravenna)
    Luciano DE CECCO (Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia - Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza)
    Tine URNAUT (Energy Resources San Giustino - Copra Elior Piacenza)
    Javier GONZALEZ (M. Roma Volley - Fidia Padova)

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• This great performance by Jarosz made a huge discussion in Poland - almost everybody started to think, that he's not so weak.

Great Kuba.

• so now we're 8th and we're going to play against Macerata in Coppa Italia! Of course we don't have any hopes against Macerata/Trento/Cuneo anyway but after today I'm even surer...

Come on, girl, Latina won with Trento! Have a little faith in your team! :D

What would Bella and Olja think of Jakob, now :lol: I told you he is good :thumbup:

I told you Kuba can be an ANIMAL playing against strong teams - first Russia on ECh, later Italy on WC and now Trento :lol: I'm only sad that I couldn't see it...

This great performance by Jarosz made a huge discussion in Poland - almost everybody started to think, that he's not so weak.

I guess that our experts are very happy proudly unpluging their chests forward :D though I haven't heard nothing (yet) I can only suspect 'cause Kuba is their favorite.

Come on, girl, Latina won with Trento! Have a little faith in your team!

I knew you would have said that :lol: I know that Latina won with Trento and we did a good match against them too last month, so I hope that when Bjelica comes back things will be a bit better (funny thing was that Bjelica was probably angrier than the players playing, I thought that at some point he would stoop up and come into the pitch :lol: )
    the sad thing about this is that I read of people in MRoma's group on facebook saying they won't come tomorrow to see the match... :/ I don't get it, shouldn't you support the team especially in the hard moments?

• I knew you would have said that :lol: I know that Latina won with Trento and we did a good match against them too last month, so I hope that when Bjelica comes back things will be a bit better (funny thing was that Bjelica was probably angrier than the players playing, I thought that at some point he would stoop up and come into the pitch :lol: )
    the sad thing about this is that I read of people in MRoma's group on facebook saying they won't come tomorrow to see the match... :/ I don't get it, shouldn't you support the team especially in the hard moments?

True fan suppose to be the biggest support for his team in the hard moments, yup. Doesn't matter how hopeless the situation is. But what can we do? This world is full of people pretending to be fans :pinch: I would send all of them to Mars.
    Btw. what's with Bjelica that he doesn't play? I can imagine his face growing red during the match :lol:

Btw. what's with Bjelica that he doesn't play? I can imagine his face growing red during the match

He injuried his meniscus a month ago, I think he should be back in a couple of weeks...
    yeah he looked more angrier than most of the people there actually :lol: me, my mom and my friends couldn't believe what was going on but most of the people (like it happens most of the time) seem like they're there and don't understand what's going on... they just clap their hands once in a while, it feels like they're watching a show in a theater, not a volleyball match :lol:
    Bjelica was also checking the scores of the other matches on his cell phone and sometimes he went to Boninfante (who didn't play the other day) to tell him about the other matches, and I think he said something like "I can't believe it, Latina is winning against Trento" :lol:

• me, my mom and my friends couldn't believe what was going on but most of the people (like it happens most of the time) seem like they're there and don't understand what's going on... they just clap their hands once in a while, it feels like they're watching a show in a theater, not a volleyball match :lol:

Sounds so familiar :lol:

I don't get it, shouldn't you support the team especially in the hard moments?

Of course. I perfectly understand you. Throughout so many years with my Jastrzębski, I experienced so many stressful situations and really bad performances of my team, for example last league season. When Prielożny was selected to be our coach once again, we totally collapsed, we were so lost, then when Lorenzo Bernardi became our coach everything was gradually getting better and better, but it was a little to late to catch up, and near the end of the season we were out of best six (but still managed to advance to F4 in Bolzano :lol: ). Now the team looks so much different, but it doesn't really matter, 'cause when you're a true fan of any team, you're supposed to be with them in good times and in bad, just like in marriage :lol:
    Mateo's signature perfectly sums it up:' Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage.' I totally sign under these words.

I will always keep my fingers crossed for Roma, since it's my favourite Italian club, cheer up girl, I wish you guys all the best :drink:

• Bjelica was also checking the scores of the other matches on his cell phone and sometimes he went to Boninfante (who didn't play the other day) to tell him about the other matches, and I think he said something like "I can't believe it, Latina is winning against Trento" :lol:

You've just reminded me why I like him so much :lol: I hope to see him back in game soon!

Sounds so familiar

I thought that in Poland things were different and people were more involved :lol:

Mateo's signature perfectly sums it up:' Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage.' I totally sign under these words.

so true :)
    I started following the team last year, but for 2 years MRoma was in A2 league, so many people didn't go to see them anymore... it's such a sad thing! :/

I will always keep my fingers crossed for Roma, since it's my favourite Italian club, cheer up girl, I wish you guys all the best

thank you! I'm glad that people outside Italy like our team :D

You've just reminded me why I like him so much I hope to see him back in game soon!

me too! I looove serbian players so much. Last year when Cupkovic played for us for a couple of months, he changed the team so much! They always fight for their team, no matter what :) and the same now, without Bjelica it isn't the same. this picture is worth thousands words :lol: : http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net…_8165296_1706728859_n.jpg

• me too! I looove serbian players so much. Last year when Cupkovic played for us for a couple of months, he changed the team so much! They always fight for their team, no matter what :) and the same now, without Bjelica it isn't the same. this picture is worth thousands words :lol: : http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net…_8165296_1706728859_n.jpg

Ahahah :rolll: priceless views! Novica reminds me Rado Stoychev a little bit here, actually :lol:

• I thought that in Poland things were different and people were more involved :lol:

'Cause generally it is different and people are veeery ivolved, but I'm usually very unlucky when I'm watching some games, 'cause people who sit next to me..are kinda...uhmm...involved in a different way :D Sometimes I think that some people come to watch our guys (I mean NT now) only because of Kurek :D No seriously, when I was listenting to some of their coversations (accidently of course :roll: ) the only topic of it was Kurek, even if he wasn't present on the court.
    Btw, isn't it annoying to you when people, who come to watch some matches don't even know what the heck is going on the court and are just pretending to be a huge fan? I seriously detest it.

so true :)
    I started following the team last year, but for 2 years MRoma was in A2 league, so many people didn't go to see them anymore... it's such a sad thing! :/

It is, indeed. I seriously don't like 'fans of success'. It's sooooo easy to support a team, when guys are on a winning streak, but the thing that really shows whether you're a real fan or not, is how you behave towards them, when they lose.
    That's really admirable and awesome that you're with your guys, despite all of their problems etc.

thank you! I'm glad that people outside Italy like our team :D

No problem, I like you guys a lot, and hopefully you will keep on improving, good luck and fingers crossed for Novica and the rest of your guys, stay healthy and fight as much as you can :drink:

Novica at one of his best :D