Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• It's like elisewin16 said, unfortunately I would add..I prefer to play 5 games for the final, otherwise there might be the risk that one team doesn't express herself 100% as Cuneo when they played really badly!

• It's like elisewin16 said, unfortunately I would add..I prefer to play 5 games for the final, otherwise there might be the risk that one team doesn't express herself 100% as Cuneo when they played really badly!

Cuneo were the winners of this format in 2010, they used that Trentino are not in top shape and beat them

• Cuneo were the winners of this format in 2010, they used that Trentino are not in top shape and beat them

I talked only about last year but yeah, you're right, also in 2010 the final was played in one match and to say the truth, also in that occasion I would have prefered 5 games...without considering the final winners in both cases!!

• I talked only about last year but yeah, you're right, also in 2010 the final was played in one match and to say the truth, also in that occasion I would have prefered 5 games...without considering the final winners in both cases!!

Me too :)

• Agree with you, it was better with the 5 matches,
    for the fans it must be incredibly frustrating... I mean I went to the V-Day the other year because it was here in Rome but I can't imagine how it could have been for Cuneo fans who travelled for uhm, 8-9 hours to see their team lose soooo badly...
    I know that this year it would have been almost impossible with the Olympic qualification tournament starting reeeaaally soon, but it sucks anyway :lol:

Aaand remember, tonight Macerata-Cuneo is on tv :) 8.30pm

• I just don't feel this format fair as one day any team can have a bad day, so one match to decide about the title does not really give every the time the true result. And you mentioned how frustrating it can be for the fans ... can you imagine how frustrating can it be for the players? They have trained the whole year and maybe even though thay have beaten everybody in the whole season if they have a bad day they can lose the title... I do not think it is fair. At least a bets of 3 would be fair.. also in the playoff first round...hopefully next year they find out something better.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• :drink:

I just don't feel this format fair as one day any team can have a bad day, so one match to decide about the title does not really give every the time the true result. And you mentioned how frustrating it can be for the fans ... can you imagine how frustrating can it be for the players? They have trained the whole year and maybe even though thay have beaten everybody in the whole season if they have a bad day they can lose the title... I do not think it is fair. At least a bets of 3 would be fair.. also in the playoff first round...hopefully next year they find out something better.

I completely agree with you...you couldn't express it better

• GREAT GAME until now between Macerata-Cuneo...they are playing really good without any hesitation or fear...great attacks and great defenses!! first set for Macerata 25-23 that managed to force the serve (they've made many miistakes though)...then Cuneo won the second that has been really in doubt until the end when Cuneo managed to close quickly..

now it is 16-9 for Cuneo where Ngapeth is doing WHATEVER he wants..he blocks, he serves, he sets but mostly he spikes every kind of ball..the hardest it the more he does the point!! :obey:

• 25-13 here...Macerata gave up basically in this set!! great blocks by Cuneo in the last part..Monopoli-Van Walle in and Travica-Omrcen out in the end..

• Cuneo is leading 16-13...Macerata is trying to come up but Cuneo is playing really well!! Parodi si not even in bench for backache and a virus..Nikola is like a second libero!!

• ended now...Cuneo won 25-18 last set!! I sdon't why but Macerata basically gave up after two great sets!! strange...on the other side great match for Henno ( not a news) Vissotto and Ngapeth...and of course Grbic!! to me still best setter in the world!!

• well, I don't think Macerata just gave up or stopped playing after the second set. To be more precise, Cuneo was definitely the better team tonight, maybe throughout almost the entire game, they would have won 3-0 if it hadn't been for the ace serves of Macerata (Omrcen and Podrascanin) at the beginning of the first set that made the difference. You are right about Ngapeth, totally MVP. We couldn't see too much of Macerata today, Omrcen didn't have such a great day, this whole story reminds of the CL Play-off 12 games between them, I expect an even tougher rematch on Sunday in Cuneo :)

• well, I don't think Macerata just gave up or stopped playing after the second set. To be more precise, Cuneo was definitely the better team tonight, maybe throughout almost the entire game, they would have won 3-0 if it hadn't been for the ace serves of Macerata (Omrcen and Podrascanin) at the beginning of the first set that made the difference. You are right about Ngapeth, totally MVP. We couldn't see too much of Macerata today, Omrcen didn't have such a great day, this whole story reminds of the CL Play-off 12 games between them, I expect an even tougher rematch on Sunday in Cuneo :)

yes you're right...there are great merits of Cuneo in this match! I'm really looking forward to match 2 on Sunday when Parodi wqill be recovered...
    Just another thing...I didn't like so much Travica...I found him not so precise and with little fantasy and rapidity...!!

Just another thing...I didn't like so much Travica...I found him not so precise and with little fantasy and rapidity...!!

I DON'T like Travica. At all.
    He can be an average setter when the matches aren't important , but when it comes to these important matches he gets nervous and plays TERRIBLY.
    I was embarassed.
    And I don't root for Macerata I'm just worried about our NT. He passed more time complaining to the referees than playing.

Grbic amazing, he did EVERYTHING he could, soooo great. Travica maybe should take some lessons from him.

Beluno - Modena 3-0

they played against Roma, not Modena. ;)

Seems Monza is not interested for playing challenge cup next season or what is going on? De Cecco, Conte and Nikic all didnt play today... any other reason?

Monza WON'T exist next year, that's why.
    Also I read on De Cecco's twitter that his hand is not exactly ok and he doesn't know if they'll operate it soon or after London... poor Luciano :(

• De Cecco have problem with his hand... he can't play. He wrote on twitter that his season is end...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.