2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• What a auch beautiful title for the latest news on the Fivb website, I llike it:
    "Dream world championship start for IRAN as they beat USA."

• oof, what a match, from perfect to terrible and again the same story in 5th set. it looked like nobody could spike at the end of the match but Marouf really did a great job. :obey:

and I think the last ball was touch :D I can say that from Gholami's reaction.

btw I hope Mahmoudi recovers, Ghafour can't play the whole tournament, he was extremely tired today near the end of the match. Americans were blocking him left and right.

True. Iran's setter dared not set to Ghaemi whose % is really low, exposing Ghafour almost in every play. However, towards the end, the fearless Ghaemi made two good quality spikes and helped keep the team's hope alive. Thanks to the controversial call at match point, the match ended in favor of Iran. If the match continued, Marouf's hair would turn all white since there're too few attack options for him to choose from, and he even took a very bold but smart move with the fake set to USA's no-man land at the very crucial moment of the game.

• oof, what a match, from perfect to terrible and again the same story in 5th set. it looked like nobody could spike at the end of the match but Marouf really did a great job. :obey:

and I think the last ball was touch :D I can say that from Gholami's reaction.

btw I hope Mahmoudi recovers, Ghafour can't play the whole tournament, he was extremely tired today near the end of the match. Americans were blocking him left and right.

It wasn't touch. How could Gholami see the touch with that speed of the ball?
    P.S : Mahmoudi is out for 2 games ( today game and France ) because of his new injury which was happened during the last match.

• LOL, are u sure about what you just said ? you don't have to see the ball, you can "feel" if it touches your finger or not

Well , Americans was saying it had a touch with Ebadipour and not with Gholami !
    The ball was behind of Gholami after flashing from Ebadipour.

• Wow, group D is really a battlefield :white:

No one, even Iran, can be sure about qualifying for second round. Italy has already big pressure in the next two matches.

• yes, but IRAN have a big oportunity to participating in the final round as far as in the next round maybe italy and USA have a big battle because almostly IRAN packs its briefcase for the final round as you know that these results will keep as the the next round game's result for the teams which played with each other in the first round. But if IRAN can have a scenic exhibition like these two last games, which I hope for that :whistle: .
    taking all of these situations into account we could conclude that ITALY and USA will have some(not much) problem for the next round.
    VELASCO after the beaten of his team said that: I do not regret that I am not a coach of Iran, although I know that they will go far on this championship. As I said for thousand times, I want to work with my own country so Argentina is the right place for me.”
    even though, I have a lot of respect for this man which was our coach for a couple of years and we could have learned a lot of thing from these coach's myth.

• Iran 3:2 USA. USA is the toughest team to beat 3:0 nowadays. They wenт from 0:2 to 2:2 numerious times this year, so I wasn't surprised. Go, Iran, I support you! You have a great team effort and spirit!

• I must say that Winiar picked a thing or two from Matey in offense /the counter attack at the net as example/, while Matey learned to recieve from him. Go, Michal!

• Wow. Italy are in a load of shit! If they don't get a point here, they basically have to raise from the dead to reach a top 8-10 place.

• Or with Zaytsev theory - too much attack from one man.