2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Iran-Argentina 25-16 in the 3rd set, 3-0

Total destrucion. Argentina was ridiculous sometimes. Totally pathetic performance, nothing good to be said about their game. Iran just did their job. Pretty consistent game. Some minor problems in the 2nd, the only set where Argentinians showed some decency, but guys stayed focused and finished Argenitna off. 3rd set was a pure formality. Ghaemi very strong and consistent again, Gholami with a good performance as well :) Basically all of them gave a nice performance, but it really couldn't have been otherwise, not against such Argentina. Keep it going, guys :win:

• USA :thumbup:

If they win this straight, there is high possibility that they will go through to final 6, as still they "only" have to play Argentina and Australia.

Poland vs. France on last match day could become a veeery interesting match :D .

• looks like the only way we can qualify is to win both next matches. ;( mission "almost" impossible. even two tiebreak wins is probably not enough !

You are not a kind of optimistic guy, aren't you :wavy:

Actually there is nothing indicating so far, that you should be inferior to neither Serbia nor Poland ?( .

• You are not a kind of optimistic guy, aren't you :wavy:

Actually there is nothing indicating so far, that you should be inferior to neither Serbia nor Poland ?( .

Fully agree :) I really don't think neither Serbia nor Poland are completely out of reach for Iran. Rather quite the opposite, to be honest :) As long as they stay focused and consistent, avoid doing silly mistakes, they really have a great chance of succeeding against these two European teams :)

• Sound seems that Iran and Usa could be able to help each other to attend in the the next round, even though Usa passed the hard steps with defeating Serbia and Poland :D
    I hope for both of them, because they are more interesting for me :D

• You are not a kind of optimistic guy, aren't you :wavy:

I'm realistic, I'm not worry about Poland or Serbia. I'm mostly worry about our own players and their lack of consistency. these guys can't play 2 good matches in a row.

even 7th place is a great result for Iran but I think it's just a little unfair and unlucky, we lost only 1 match so far and we can't afford another defeat ! 2 defeats is usually enough for qualification, but apparently not this time.

• I'm realistic, I'm not worry about Poland or Serbia. I'm mostly worry about our own players and their lack of consistency. these guys can't play 2 good matches in a row.

even 7th place is a great result for Iran but I think it's just a little unfair and unlucky, we lost only 1 match so far and we can't afford another defeat ! 2 defeats is usually enough for qualification, but apparently not this time.

Agree. I also think consistency, or rather lack of it, is their biggest issue. But something tells me that they might actually surprise all of us. Just a hunch, hopefully a good one :drink:

• I was expecting more from Argentina but I'm glad they finally beat an above average team in straight sets.

looks like the only way we can qualify is to win both next matches. ;( mission "almost" impossible. even two tiebreak wins is probably not enough !

Weren't you the guy who was saying the last point of Iran - USA game was refer's mistake ? I think you are absolutely a joyless fan.

• Poland is struggling again :thumbdown: is it over ?( ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Lame atmosphere on the court suits even lamer performance from Poles. Or the other way around...

• I was expecting something like that. Italy must have at least one good match and today they finally decided to play. Still, 2/4 more sets to go, so anything can happen. Poland should not lose this match if they want to go ahead.

On the other courts, Germany thrashing Bulgaria at the moment. France and Russia are on course for reaching F6.

• Bulgaria like Poland in the first set, even worse. They don't look prepared for the WCH, especially on reception, in the first set.

• I was expecting something like that. Italy must have at least one good match and today they finally decided to play. Still, 2/4 more sets to go, so anything can happen. Poland should not lose this match if they want to go ahead.

On the other courts, Germany thrashing Bulgaria at the moment. France and Russia are on course for reaching F6.

Even if they win this by chance, there are still two more teams to confront - Iran and France. I can't see them winning against either of the two.

• Good support for Cuba against Russia - first time I hear boos against Russia. Cuban team is very young and talented - could do with a bit more tactical and technical coaching. It takes them a long time to respond to opponents tactics..

• I think that Russians are booed most time, because of political reason :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• If we lose the same way we started this game I will say: Bulgarian Men's volleyball is officially out of the world class level. No hope for any type of medals, ever as long as Dancho Lazarov, Lubo Ganev and their likes rule our federation.

• I think that Russians are booed most time, because of political reason :whistle:

It could also have something to do with having unsavory characters on the team - which makes it worse.

• Even if they win this by chance, there are still two more teams to confront - Iran and France. I can't see them winning against either of the two.

No, I don't think so. I think they might grab some points from Iran and France, possibly even 4 or 5.

And they are about to win the second set. You never know in this group, it's so unpredictable.