2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• AAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! ARGENTINA, YOU LOVELY LOVELY LADS! :obey:

Now Iran are ahead of the USA and have their destiny in their hands!

Btw, Argentina are exhibiting some wonderful volleyball. Smart, well-conducted by De Cecco and with superb defence. I wonder how they are not in the game for the F6.

• Now Iran are ahead of the USA and have their destiny in their hands!

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. if USA beat ARG 3-2 and Iran beat Serbia 3-1, USA and Iran would have an equal number of points and wins and also sets ratio would be the same 18-11. Points ratio is better for USA team so far. I think Iran would still need Argentina's win today.

• It is such a tight contest now. It will be very sad to see that one of these teams (Poland, USA or Iran) could be out of the Final6. They deserve to be there.
    Argentina is playing much better when we are already eliminated...Yesterday we played a good match against a hopeless Italy.

USA has just waken up now. Despite of they win, they are with one leg in and the other out. Iran is trashing Serbia now (4-12)

• Unfortunately, it's not that simple. if USA beat ARG 3-2 and Iran beat Serbia 3-1, USA and Iran would habe an equal number of points and wins and also sets ratio would be the same 18-11. Points ratio is better for USA team so far. I think Iran would still need Argentina's win today.

Yes but Iran won vs USA so they will go ahead from the direct matches, surely?

• Sidão also out due to knee pain. Murilo is heading to the hospital to undergo exams in his thigh.
    Terrible game in terms of injuries for Brazil. :|

• Nope it is sets ratio, then points, then head-to-head

Oh, shit... USA 'led' by 16 points before the 2 games.

At the moment USA are -1 and Iran are +8. So even if USA wins the last 2 sets by 2 points difference, Iran has to win 25-10 which is now impossible.

• Sidão also out due to knee pain. Murilo is heading to the hospital to undergo exams in his thigh.
    Terrible game in terms of injuries for Brazil. :|

This is just impossible... :wacko:

Meanwhile Iran with matchball!

• Well first of all, USA has to win the match. So, let´s wait. Argentina is bothering the americans more than what I expected :teach:

• What is the result Serbia - Iran? The site is not loading on my pc

• They did it! :super: :flower: Super happy for them! I was a bit anxious at the very start of the game, 'cause they seemed very shaky and nervous, but luckily they regained their composure and overcame this Serbian obstacle.

Now, please Argentina guys, win it! Just one more set, please...

Damn it, I'm nervous :lol:

• I really like, how Team USA is handling their difficult moments in this tournament and just keeps on playing. A lot credit from me for that attitude :thumbup:

• Btw, apparently Serbians had a little night out in Łódź last night :lol: Yeah, we could tell :lol: They were spotted by Polish journalists and some fans :D

• The ball was touched by Filardi, why the point goes to Argentina?