2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Iran's preliminary roster for WCH

Setters: Saeid Marouf, Mehdi Mahdavi
    MBs: Alireza Nadi, Mohammad Mousavi, Adel Gholami, Armin Tashakori, Saman Faezi, Alireza Jadidi
    OHs: Hazmeh Zarrini, Farhad Ghaemi, Mojtaba Mirzajanpour, Pouria Fayyazi, Alireza Mobasheri, Milad Ebadipour
    OPs: Shahram Mahmoudi, Amir Ghafour, Reza Ghara
    Liberos: Farhad Zarif, Abdolreza Alizadeh

• Brazil preliminary roster for training WCH:

Bruno Mossa de Rezende (setter)
    Éder Francis Carbonera (Middle Blockers)
    Evandro Motta Marcondes Guerra (opposite)
    Felipe Lourenço da Silva (libero)
    Isac Viana Santos (Middle Blockers)
    Leandro Vissotto Neves (opposite)
    Lucas Eduardo Loh (Outside Hitters)
    Lucas Saatkamp (Middle Blockers)
    Luiz Felipe Marques Fonteles (Outside Hitters)
    Mario da Silva Pedreira Junior (libero)
    Mauricio Borges Almeida Silva (Outside Hitters)
    Murilo Endres (Outside Hitters)
    Murilo Radke (setter)
    Raphael Vieira de Oliveira (setter)
    Renan Zanatta Buiatti (opposite)
    Ricardo Lucarelli Santos de Souza (Outside Hitters)
    Sidnei dos Santos Junior (Middle Blockers)
    Wallace Leandro de Souz (opposite)

http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/selecao/aviso.asp?aviso=328

• So no Gustavao (MB), no Theo (OP), no Wiliam Arjona (S), no Mauricio Souza (MB), rest rather as expected. S, 2 OPs and OH will be out - definitely Murilo Radke, I'd cut also Mauricio Borges. It's hard to choose 2 OPs to be out, maybe Renan and Evandro didn't play in WL, but both Wallace and Visotto didn't convince me throughout whole tournament this year, so both new OPs have chance to make it to WCH ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ^ Murilo Radke, Renan and Evandro will definitely be cut. I'd cut Maurício Borges too (coming from an injury + the fact that he kind of sucks), but Bernardo seems to have a hard-on for the guy, so I'd be surprised if he chooses Lucas Lóh instead. Same thing with Vissotto. :whistling:

Both Theo and Maurício S. have already joined their clubs in some friendlies this week. I expect Gustavão and William to do the same soon.

• Similarly to Final Six in WL each team can call to match report 14 players ^^

• Bulgarian 22 for WCH: - 18 in training + 4 backups
    Setters: Andrey Zhekov, Geogri Bratoev, Dobromir Dimitrov, Georgi Seganov
    Opposites: Tsvetan Sokolov, Vladimir Nikolov, Danail Milushev, Venelin Kadankov
    Outside Hitters: Todor Aleksiev, Todr Skrimov, Valentin Bratoev, Nikolay Penchev, Mirolsav Gradinarov, Zlatan Yordanov, Rosalin Penchev
    Middle Blockers: Viktor Yosifov, Nikolay Nikolov, Teodor Todorov, Svetoslav Gotsev, Krasimir Georgiev
    Liberos: Teodor Salparov, Martin Bozhilov

S, 2 OPs and OH should be out, main contenders are Dimitrov, Gradinarov and Kadankov, I think that it's possible to see Vlado Nikolov as backup for Tsetso instead of Milushev :wavy:

• Gradinarov plays in Tokyo, he has the best physique of all OH's and can receive well actually. I wouldn't cast him out.

• Gradinarov plays in Tokyo, he has the best physique of all OH's and can receive well actually. I wouldn't cast him out.

So maybe Valentin Bratoev can be out instead of him ^^

• I would actually leave Bozhilov out and take Bratoev, Penchev and Gradinarov to Poland. I mean 1 libero and 5 OHs. Penchev can be used as a libero (even if he doesn't like it) in case of an emergency. Of course, these are just my thoughts.

• I would actually leave Bozhilov out and take Bratoev, Penchev and Gradinarov to Poland. I mean 1 libero and 5 OHs. Penchev can be used as a libero (even if he doesn't like it) in case of an emergency. Of course, these are just my thoughts.

Of course they can do like that, though I prefer to have 2 L in team, so I have a bit different thoughts ^^ but as you wrote Penchev can be L if necessary ^^

• S, 2 OPs and OH should be out, main contenders are Dimitrov, Gradinarov and Kadankov, I think that it's possible to see Vlado Nikolov as backup for Tsetso instead of Milushev :wavy:
    I would actually leave Bozhilov out and take Bratoev, Penchev and Gradinarov to Poland. I mean 1 libero and 5 OHs. Penchev can be used as a libero (even if he doesn't like it) in case of an emergency. Of course, these are just my thoughts.

Taking 5 OHs and 1 libero is against FIVB regulations. If you decide to use 14 players you are required to nominate 2 liberos. If a player is nominated as a libero he cannot be used as an OH during the entire tournament. The 2 liberos have to be nominated before the tournament.
    So nominating Penchev as a libero doesn't make sense. It is better to take a real libero player.

• Taking 5 OHs and 1 libero is against FIVB regulations. If you decide to use 14 players you are required to nominate 2 liberos. If a player is nominated as a libero he cannot be used as an OH during the entire tournament. The 2 liberos have to be nominated before the tournament.
    So nominating Penchev as a libero doesn't make sense. It is better to take a real libero player.

Could you provide a link or a quote to these regulations? Because I haven't read any yet and I thought the idea of letting 14 players get registered was to have freedom in terms of positions. And actually you can still take a second libero and 5 OHs to make 14 ;)

• From official WCH regulations:

"For the match, a team may consist of up to 14 players. Where a team chooses to have more than twelve (12) players, it is compulsory for the team to designate amongst the list of players two (2) specialized defensive players: “Liberos”."

I cannot give you the link because I cannot find the document on the FIVB website. The regulation above was quated in the Polish media.

• Argentinian 15 for WCH:
    Setters: Nicolas Uriarte, Luciano De Cecco
    Opposites: Jose Luis Gonzalez, Santiago Darraidou
    Outside Hitters: Facundo Conte (also OP), Rodrigo Quiroga, Lucas Ocampo, Javier Filardi, Alejandro Toro
    Middle Blockers: Sebastian Sole, Pablo Crer, Martin Ramos, Gustavo Porporatto
    Liberos: Sebastian Garrocq, Sebastian Closter

We have another OP in team, Darraidou. 1 OH will be probably out, it can be Alejandro Toro.

Comparing to wide WL roster: no Facundo Pereyra (OP/OH), Agustin Ramonda (OH/OP), Pablo Bengolea (OH), Facundo Imhoff (MB), Maximiliano Gauna (MB), Demian Gonzalez (S), Franco Massimino (L) and Luciano Zornetta (?).

Anyway Velasco changed many players, out are also players like Bruno Romanutti (OP), Ivan Castellani (OP), Cristian Poglajen (OH), Nicolas Bruno (OH), Alexis Gonzalez (L) or Facundo Santucci (L)

• Polsat has encoded all matches so if You wanna watch You must pay.

People in Poland for sure, I don't know how it works with abroad.

• Polsat has encoded all matches so if You wanna watch You must pay.

People in Poland for sure, I don't know how it works with abroad.

Because Polsat is private television and public television TVP didn't want to buy because they named this event is fully sponsored by commercial television who only one investing in volleyball. To watch you need to buy decoder, only opening match with Serbia on national stadium will be on public channel.

• It's curiosity. World Championships is very first time in Poland, but Polish fans couldn't watch their national team unless they'll buy a decoder or have a contract with Polsat... :wall:

It's tragedy and counter-advertising for Poland. Similar things are possible only in our country...25 years after fall of communism, but we're still robbed...It's shame. Shame for whole world, unfortunately :down:

Fortunately, we still have online live streaming,...yet...., but with terrible quality :wacko:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!