World Grand Prix 2012

• As far as I know, running sets means the opponent does not have an organised block, i.e. the opponent MB is "running", and still sets means that the opponent can put up a "still" double/triple block. That's what I was told once...

Here is FIVB explanation for all stats: http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/VIS.asp

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Totally agree with you Anton.
    And I would add that it works like that with most of the teams against Cuba. I really love watching them play and I strongly believe they would easily be among the top 4, 5 teams in the world. They are just phisically superior to everyone.
    But they need badly someone that can work on their attitudes and obviously on reception and defence, which is obviously a big issue in today's volleyball.

Especially what you say about attitude is really intresting, I feel the same, and its the reason I think Carcaces was so important for their team except her fantastic serve/attack-skills. I watched them play almost all matches in WQT where their results was a disaster, but I still felt they played a bit better than the results suggested. But they lost so many sets that was equal and tight, just because they had no player that could be cluch on important points in the end of the sets. Salas and Palacio was almost unstoppable in the beginning, but in the end, they made crucial errors instead. Carcaces was/is that kind of player that was at her very best when it counted most. But these players are still so young and I have no doubt that with more experience they will have no problems with this, and then they will be very dangerous for all teams.

• I was looking to stats and just saw that Santos had 19 serve errors in 3 matches :white:

She has also 8 aces though ;)

But another thing with Santos, she is officially 26 yrs. old, but IMO she looks older than that, and when I read she played for Cuba already 2002 in WCH, I become a bit suspecious about her age. What do u guys think, is Santos really born 1986?

• But another thing with Santos, she is officially 26 yrs. old, but IMO she looks older than that, and when I read she played for Cuba already 2002 in WCH, I become a bit suspecious about her age. What do u guys think, is Santos really born 1986?

It's quite normal that Cubans start playing NT at very young age, and unlike DOM, Cuba doesn't care much about Junior competitions, so I see no reasons why they should manipulate ages...

• But another thing with Santos, she is officially 26 yrs. old, but IMO she looks older than that, and when I read she played for Cuba already 2002 in WCH, I become a bit suspecious about her age. What do u guys think, is Santos really born 1986?

It could be the same as in Brenda Castillo's case, but maybe I'm wrong

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It's quite normal that Cubans start playing NT at very young age, and unlike DOM, Cuba doesn't care much about Junior competitions, so I see no reasons why they should manipulate ages...

I know many cubans starts early, some already in 15-16 yrs. age in NT like Leon and Carrillo, but I didnt wrote anything about manipulation, sometimes the birth dates are just wrong too, it happens quite often in Africa for ex, where they just give the child a birth date. I just think Santos already when she was like 23-24 had a look like 30, thats why im a bit suspicious.

• I know many cubans starts early, some already in 15-16 yrs. age in NT like Leon and Carrillo, but I didnt wrote anything about manipulation, sometimes the birth dates are just wrong too, it happens quite often in Africa for ex, where they just give the child a birth date. I just think Santos already when she was like 23-24 had a look like 30, thats why im a bit suspicious.

Some people are just unlucky ;) I have a teammate who is 25 but could easily be estimated 10 years older...

• I know many cubans starts early, some already in 15-16 yrs. age in NT like Leon and Carrillo, but I didnt wrote anything about manipulation, sometimes the birth dates are just wrong too, it happens quite often in Africa for ex, where they just give the child a birth date. I just think Santos already when she was like 23-24 had a look like 30, thats why im a bit suspicious.

She just looks old. Must be the sunshine in Cuba :lol:

Cubans really start young. The legendary Regla Torres started with the (senior) national team at the age of 13. There's no really need for Cuba to fake their players' ages since they don't really give a sh!t about the juniors event.

• Polish commentators should learn that her name is not "Brankića".

Polish commentators often missay many players' names :D

• Even though It's not her own fault, Barazza is just useless in attack. Camera doesn't even know when she has to pass the balls to the middle. Italy has been playing terrible so far. Ortolani is not Gamova, wake up Camera!

Brankica Mihajlovic is making a good match on the other hand. I'd prefer Vesovic in stead of Malesevic though.

• I'm surprised how badly Itlay is playing :what: and Serbia finally woke up

• Italy :wall: :sos: :white:
    C'mon girls!!! Wake up!!! :hit: