Germany NT 2012

• Has Guidetti expressed interest in remaining the head coach for the following quadrennial?

• that's good. Is she still a free agent player ?

What do you mean? If you mean if she has signed a contract for next season somewhere, I don't think so...

Has Guidetti expressed interest in remaining the head coach for the following quadrennial?

I'm not sure but I think he has a contract until 2014 anyway. But either way, he said he is working together with the federation and the league on a concept to secure the successful future of the team, so I'm quite sure he will remain head coach. I can't see any reason for our fed to look for someone else, Guidetti is doing very good work and achieved good results, the team constantly improved since he is coach, of course everyone is disappointed about missing OG, but that alone is no reason to replace him.

• Guidetti said in an interview that he thinks Tzscherlich will end her career in NT, nothing is official yet but it is his feeling. There will be talks with Angelina Grün about her future, Mareen Apitz wants to take a break, but apart from that, all players will continue in NT :thumbup:

• It's official now: Kerstin Tzscherlich ends her career in NT after 373 matches and 14 years. :obey:
    She says that after the failed OG qualifier, she was completely devastated because she wanted to play so much in OG again after 2000 and 2004, and at that point she considered completely leaving volleyball, but she will at least continue another year in Dresden.

Thanks Kerstin for all your years of dedication for NT :flower:

• A bit off topic, but anyway...

After OG, Thomas Krohne will take over DVV presidency from Werner von Moltke. Von Moltke was president for the last 15 years and some time ago he said he would retire because of his age (he is 75) as soon as a successor is found, and now this has happened.
    Thomas Krohne works for the media company that owns Laola1.tv and was active as player and referee too, so I think he can do good work for our federation :thumbup:

• A bit off topic, but anyway...

After OG, Thomas Krohne will take over DVV presidency from Werner von Moltke. Von Moltke was president for the last 15 years and some time ago he said he would retire because of his age (he is 75) as soon as a successor is found, and now this has happened.
    Thomas Krohne works for the media company that owns Laola1.tv and was active as player and referee too, so I think he can do good work for our federation :thumbup:

Seems good news indeed. Hopefully Laola will broadcast Bundesliga in future ;)

• any news about Hippe?
    She has the potential...BUT didnt have many chances
    She played well in 2008 WGP as a OH and 2009 WGP Qualification as a OPP

She is a rare player who can jump high in German team...
    Burchardt..Beier..all seems to spike in a position which is lower than Takeshita's block.... :down: :down: :down:

• any news about Hippe?

She is a rare player who can jump high in German team...
    Burchardt..Beier..all seems to spike in a position which is lower than Takeshita's block.... :down: :down: :down:

At least burchardt can hit hard but beier :aww: I really hope to see grun again in the team last year she joined and she improved team really much, brinker was always tiping but after played with grun she learned so much and now she has more confidence and she hits as hard as she can :cup:

• any news about Hippe?

Now she has problems with health, her weight is distressing :S

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Seems good news indeed. Hopefully Laola will broadcast Bundesliga in future ;)

I hope so too, but the problem is that Laola doesn't make own productions, they just broadcast matches. So our league would have to find a production company, and that is the expensive part of broadcasting. Either way the new president will be elected in August and the new TV deal for our league is supposed to be done in July, so I guess at least next season it won't be Laola yet.

• German fed posted an interview with Guidetti, here are the most important things:

- the whole team played a great GP, but he praises mainly Denise Hanke and Lenka Dürr who both did a great job. Hanke showed that she has great physical and technical abilities and also leadership qualities. Also Lena Möllers showed good things when she played and enjoyed the time with the team, and he is not worried about the future with Weiss, Hanke and Möllers as setters. Sounds to me like Apitz will not come back...

- GP showed how well Germany can play with enough time to prepare, it's very bad to have only 2 weeks preparation for OG qualifier tournament, and the qualification system is very beneficial for Asian teams. Also WGP pools were not well balanced because Germany lost only against USA and Brazil but still could not qualify to final round.

- the team has the whole July off. They will meet again in August, then 10-12 young players will join the team from WGP to prepare for GP qualifier in September. It is important to qualify for GP next year in order to have best preparation for ECH in Germany next year.

- the goal for ECH 2013 is to win a medal again. Guidetti and all players are highly motivated again after the hard time after missing OG qualification. If they do not qualify for GP, Guidetti and the federation will work out an alternative preparation program to ensure best preparation for ECH.

- Guidetti's main medal contenders for London are USA, Brazil, China and Italy. For GP, he thinks Brazil or China will win because USA plays with B team.

• Thanks dear for the main lines. ;)

A pitty Apitz is not in future plans...apart from Möllers, that I still think needs to grow, and with Weiss coming back to her best shape, I agree that Germany has no problem in that area.

I think thinking ahead as Rio 2016, Germany probably will keep most girls, witch is really good. Furst, Sshuscke, Kozuch, Brinker, all can keep as starting. My only consern is the other OH position. I dont know if Beier can reach till Rio 2016...what do u think?

I hope a young girl appear in Germany in that area, so they can make it to Rio. ^^

• I think if Apitz wants to return, the door is always open for her, but she has never been as keen on playing NT as most others. Time will tell...

Beier's problem would not be her age but her performance ;) I really hope there will be someone who can be better than her soon. Jennifer Geerties from Junior NT is definitely a good talent, we will see what can become of her. Patricia Grohmann and Sarah Petrausch (both 1990) also still have the chance to become good enough for international level even though their progress in the last years was disappointing. Friederike Thieme (1987) from Dresden played some matches in NT in 2011 and showed really promising performances, but she has had many problems with injuries over the last 2 years. If she can stay healthy, I think she also has the potential to become a better player than Beier.

Ssuschke wants to have a baby some time in the next years, I guess she would have it in 2014 so she won't miss ECH at home but can be back in time for OG 2016, but Kauffeldt will be a good alternative for her soon, I hope she can improve as much in Italy as for example Brinker, Skorupa and Okuniewska did last season.

• Surely grun also should stay in team till 2016 ,in my opinion without her germany might play well but it cant be enough to beat big teams ?( they all need her experience,but if they can find a younger,powerful OH that will be great :win:

• I think if Apitz wants to return, the door is always open for her, but she has never been as keen on playing NT as most others. Time will tell...

Beier's problem would not be her age but her performance ;) I really hope there will be someone who can be better than her soon. Jennifer Geerties from Junior NT is definitely a good talent, we will see what can become of her. Patricia Grohmann and Sarah Petrausch (both 1990) also still have the chance to become good enough for international level even though their progress in the last years was disappointing. Friederike Thieme (1987) from Dresden played some matches in NT in 2011 and showed really promising performances, but she has had many problems with injuries over the last 2 years. If she can stay healthy, I think she also has the potential to become a better player than Beier.

Ssuschke wants to have a baby some time in the next years, I guess she would have it in 2014 so she won't miss ECH at home but can be back in time for OG 2016, but Kauffeldt will be a good alternative for her soon, I hope she can improve as much in Italy as for example Brinker, Skorupa and Okuniewska did last season.

Beier's problem is mainly being so short as OH and actually this problem seems in all around the team
    I really dont understand that germans cant find higher players,only furst has enough height :teach: Sometimes i think that if mollers can play as a OH or not :lol:

Thanks for your words! :)

I think it will be interesting to follow their development in these next years, I relaly hope some of them can shine internationally! :)

• Giovanni Guidetti in twitter ;

Today will start " my first month without coaching volleyball " in the last 15 years of my life!!! Very strange!My mom says i can't make it :- ) !

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• According to this interview http://www.voleybolmagazin.com/haber.php?h=5892

Guidetti said that he pretty sure that Turkey is a medal contender :whistle: Maybe he said that in order to gain some sympathy from Turkish volleyball follower :whistle: