Serbia NT 2012

• Setters: Maja Ognjenović i Ana Antonijević

Opposites: Jovana Brakočević i Sanja Starović

Libero: Suzana Chebić

Middle Blockers: Nataša Krsmanović, Milena Rašić i Nađa Ninković

Outside Hitters: Brižitka Molnar, Jovana Vesović, Tijana Malešević i Jelena Blagojević

No Nikolic and Veljkovic :(

• The absence of Nikolic will surely be heavy for the team. However, personally I don't think that Blagojevic could start in the started six. Yes, she has had a great season in Urbino and above all over the expectations, probably better than Malesevic and Vesovic, but I believe that she hasn't big margins of improvements of her game unlike Malesevic and Vesovic that can do much better than what showed during the season.
    Then Jelena hasn't experience with the national team unlike the other two.
    And I would watch also for the future however, among the three I think that the most talented is Malesevic so I would start with her.

For me the starting six should be.

Ognjenovic-Brakocevic
    Molnar-Malesevic
    Rasic-Krsmanovic
    Cebic

• Go Brizitka!Kisses from Athens :flower:

• I agree! It is true that Serbia lost a lot of power without Nikolic and Malagurski but if Brakocevic is on fire and Ognjenovic sets 1000 balls to Rasic and Krsmanovic, they can still be competitive! and also Malesevic can show great things!

• I think if the reception is stable then Serbia will not have a problem. Ognjenovic plays so well with MBs and Brakocevic is such a strong attacker, that if the reception stays on point Molnar and Vesovic will have good opportunities to attack and not need to score from tough situations. Also, the team has had time to train with this full roster, unlike last fall when the whole team trained together, and then numerous starters opted out or were injured at the last moment.

• I just noticed that BRANKICA MIHAJLOVIC was added to the Serbian roster on the WGP roster so it appears that she is now eligible to represent Serbia.

• Mihajlovic is indeed in! FIVB approved her case and now she can play for Serbia. We might even see her in Japan, she will join the team for preparations.

It is expected that Nikolic and Veljkovic will return, but it is questionable if they will be 100%.
    Molnar has problems with her shoulder, that's why she didn't play in Ankara. It is yet to be determined how serious it is.
    Vesovic is also dealing with a pain in her shoulder.

• Hi Joana! Just want to know about how Malagurski is recovering. Is there any possibility that she will be able to play at the Olympics? With Brakocevic being in such a poor shape, Malagurski is one of those very few players who can really make a difference and bring Team Serbia back to a competitive position now. Thanks!

• WOQT starts on May 19. Molnar will be able to play? And what about Nikolic and Malagurski? is there any news?

• Yes, she thought she would have to wait another year, but then she got a phone call from Terzic who told her that FIVB had already given her permission, so she packed her suitcases and went straight to Belgrade to join the NT preparations. :D

• Molnar will not play in Japan. Nikolic mostly likely won't either.
    Antonijevic needs surgery, she's replaced by Zivkovic.
    Popovic is still dealing with some personal issues and won't return for time being.

On the other hand, Veljkovic is training again and should play. At least some good news. :roll:

• Actually I think it won't be that easy for Serbia to get the ticket to London :S Japan will probably win the tournament, but behind that I see 3 teams fighting for 2 tickets: the European teams plus Korea. If Korea has all their best players including YK Kim, they can beat Serbia and Russia and finish top 3. The real big winner of that would probably be Thailand as best Asian team out of top 3 :roll:

• But what's the problem with Molnar?She played a tremendous final last year in European.After she went in Japan and dissapeard...

• Actually I think it won't be that easy for Serbia to get the ticket to London :S Japan will probably win the tournament, but behind that I see 3 teams fighting for 2 tickets: the European teams plus Korea. If Korea has all their best players including YK Kim, they can beat Serbia and Russia and finish top 3. The real big winner of that would probably be Thailand as best Asian team out of top 3 :roll:

I agree. I remember being worried 4 years ago and it was 10 times easier to qualify back then. The irony is that Serbia has a much better team now, but they just can't get it together.
    Anyway, I'm more scared of Cuba. They've fallen behind a lot, but there's a lot of athletic potential in that team, and if they can get into the rhythm they can be dangerous. Perhaps they won't qualify, but they can make it difficult for some favourites.

But what's the problem with Molnar?She played a tremendous final last year in European.After she went in Japan and dissapeard...

She's injured. But I don't think going to Japan was a good career move for her, she's not a type of player that's on demand in Japanese league.
    But it seems that all the Europeans had a tough time in Japan; Molnar, Flier, Brakocevic...

• I agree. I remember being worried 4 years ago and it was 10 times easier to qualify back then. The irony is that Serbia has a much better team now, but they just can't get it together.
    Anyway, I'm more scared of Cuba. They've fallen behind a lot, but there's a lot of athletic potential in that team, and if they can get into the rhythm they can be dangerous. Perhaps they won't qualify, but they can make it difficult for some favourites.

She's injured. But I don't think going to Japan was a good career move for her, she's not a type of player that's on demand in Japanese league.
    But it seems that all the Europeans had a tough time in Japan; Molnar, Flier, Brakocevic...

Joana, which players will be in starting 7 in your opinion? I ask that question because I don't know the final roster of Serbia as it is getting more complicated day by day :D There are a lot of players that won't play and are newly added to the team..