The 2013 CEV Champions League

• Vb won...now you're right in all the ways .but EcV showed in forth set that they could be on the same level.. thats what i want most:strugle,team-play-team spirit...made me happy to see all of these even in one set.

Now its official that yamamay-rabita and vakıfbank-Gs.What is your thought about it?I said that vakıfbank is already playing almost the full power so i dont expect a different performance but im waiting a surprise from other teams thanks to enthusiasm of being in final 4. 8o

And im so exicited to see kozuch against montano :lol: That would be the hardest competition for her :D

• Definetly agree lol u have the most closest thoughts in this forum for me.Neriman or polen added much things than her to the NT but still its calling like she is the best.I dont say she is a bad attacker but too much overrated sometimes. :sleeping:

she displayed mental weakness for this match,depsite all ,she has been best attacker of the EcV since the beginning of the season (except this match)
    i think Gözde Sonsırma is "mentally" better.

• Now its official that yamamay-rabita and vakıfbank-Gs.What is your thought about it?I said that vakıfbank is already playing almost the full power so i dont expect a different performance but im waiting a surprise from other teams thanks to enthusiasm of being in final 4. 8o

And im so exicited to see kozuch against montano :lol: That would be the hardest competition for her :D

i wont be harsh to you... ;) .i think every team has chance for final...i think Rabita and VB final, Yamamay-GsD for third place....both match wont be easy...If GsD manages to handle Yamamay's serves then they are the fav.If not and the match goes to fifth set then both team can win but still with support, Gsd is still slightly the fav.
    A probable Rabita-VB final : If Rabita can handle the pressure and serves well then there could be a tie break.Rabita has a scoring Mb:Foluke,that matters a lot.

• Well, I know that people here are excited after this victory against Vitra, but I really think that Rabita can beat VB. For the final there's no favourites...

Me? Not excited about winning Ecz at all, lol. 4 times in CL matches, 4 wins against them. (okay, for a classical Vakif fan, beating Ecz again again again is definitely a joy, but, not for me - for not being able to make good money at betting as the odds for winning against Ecz have become lower and lower:)

Me too. I am really thinking Rabita can beat Vakif and I may bet on Rabita this time. Rabita passed through harder route than Vakif already and their wins are clear wins against harder opponents. But, if Vakif wins, we'll be unstoppable and will win 3 cups this year, CL, Turkey league and cup. But, if Vakif loses against Rabita, then, there will be no cup, just like last year, after unhappiness of losing to Cannes. Btw, before Rabita, Yamamay and GS too can make some surprises as those both teams too have fighting spirits. So, chances of winning cups are Vakif and Rabita are 65% equal and chances of Yamamay and GS are equal, 35%. Rabita will be more determined this year, while Vakif has home advantage. But, I give Rabita a slight advantage for winning cup as they will be determined more this year after 3 years of failure. So, my favorite this year is Rabita.

• Guidetti on twitter after the Match:

"Eczacibasi is a great team with a great coach!was really hard today!was really a battle and at the end we were more team and more lucky!!!!But let me say something:i can't know if we'll win champions league!but i know for sure that this Vakif is the best team i ever coached!"

• Hm some People are so sure that Vakifbank will win as in 2011 when clear favourite was Fenerbahce.

• If Vakıfbank can pass Galatasaray Daikin in front of 10.000 Galatasaray fans final will be much easier for them in front of home crowd so i also agree Rabita will not be a problem for them,semifinal is going to be the hardest stage btw i am sure Guidetti will not prepare his team as '' favourite ''

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• If Vakıfbank can pass Galatasaray Daikin in front of 10.000 Galatasaray fans final will be much easier for them in front of home crowd so i also agree Rabita will not be a problem for them,semifinal is going to be the hardest stage btw i am sure Guidetti will not prepare his team as '' favourite ''

Not true. Passing GS will be difficult, yes, but, taking cup from Rabita will be much more harder. Vakif was underdog in 2011 and Rabita wasn't so strong then like this year. And, Vakif is shown as favorite this time, even above Rabita, but, Rabita has been losing the cup in last years and this year, they are not only strong, but also determined to win the cup. However, as you said, there is Guidetti here and he is aware of that Rabita is favorite, unlike biased fans here and on Turkish forums.. By the way, if GS wins against Vakif, then, Rabita may have more trouble in taking cup from their hands of GS at their crowdy noisy home. But, what about Yamamay? They know Italians of GS well and if they pass Rabita, Yamamay too can win the cup.

• Lots of things must change in Eczacibasi otherwise they will suck again next year.My list with priority

1)Micelli must go for sure (They need a system coach like Karpol,Ping or Yang Fang)
    2) Luba and Nesli in one team sucks there are too much ego and they can't decide who is leader
    3)A foreign setter whom can use midddles very often
    4)A very good digger libero,Gulden sucks in defence a lot
    5)A reliable scorer next to Nesli or Luba but not a person with much egos :D

before number 3 number 1 must happen 1st i think the problem is the coach when ozge and poljak were still in vakifbank maja was much more involved in attacks but when she transferred to ecz he became just like a christmas decoration taking a backseat to neslihan :down:

Vakif already passed Gs with that crowd easilly doubt will be any problem this time plus Vakif is more experienced in Cl 10 000 fanatics won't change Gs's bad reception thats for sure :lol:

• Not true. Passing GS will be difficult, yes, but, taking cup from Rabita will be much more harder. Vakif was underdog in 2011 and Rabita wasn't so strong then like this year. And, Vakif is shown as favorite this time, even above Rabita, but, Rabita has been losing the cup in last years and this year, they are not only strong, but also determined to win the cup. However, as you said, there is Guidetti here and he is aware of that Rabita is favorite, unlike biased fans here and on Turkish forums.. By the way, if GS wins against Vakif, then, Rabita may have more trouble in taking cup from their hands of GS at their crowdy noisy home. But, what about Yamamay? They know Italians of GS well and if they pass Rabita, Yamamay too can win the cup.

:lol: :thumbsup: imagination...impossible? not but still like a dream.. :sleeping:

• btw if ever vakifbank and rabita meet in the finals i will give an edge to vakif they might not have a player so far who "shines" the most but collectively they are very strong not to mention their bench and impenetrable defense makes them an even more dangerous team. for rabita i think montano, akinradewo, cruz and castillo all must play at a high level but if one of them have an off night grun must step up to me she will be the x factor if rabita want to win this cup.

• for rabita i think montano, akinradewo, cruz and castillo all must play at a high level but if one of them have an off night grun must step up to me she will be the x factor if rabita want to win this cup.

Grün has almost never played good against russian teams(i remember like this)so i dont want to make prediction considering it but if she can play at least as against cannes rabita's chance surely increase. :thumbup: Cause rabita just need a reliable attacker beside montano and akinradewo

• Hm some People are so sure that Vakifbank will win as in 2011 when clear favourite was Fenerbahce.

FB wasn't best team, they were only the most expensive team ;) Now Vakıfbank is the team which plays best team game in Europe. Rabita also has very strong and deep roster, especially with world's best libero and two monster attackers (Montano and Foluke), Rabita is hard to beat. However, Vakıfbank's roster is well-balanced and experienced.

Eczacıbaşı urgently needs a good setter, neither Özge nor Asuman is on the level of final-four playing team. Moreover, blocking inadequacy of Eczacı's both setters was big advantage for Vakıfbank's attackers :whistle:

• Me? Not excited about winning Ecz at all, lol. 4 times in CL matches, 4 wins against them. (okay, for a classical Vakif fan, beating Ecz again again again is definitely a joy, but, not for me - for not being able to make good money at betting as the odds for winning against Ecz have become lower and lower:)

Me too. I am really thinking Rabita can beat Vakif and I may bet on Rabita this time. Rabita passed through harder route than Vakif already and their wins are clear wins against harder opponents. But, if Vakif wins, we'll be unstoppable and will win 3 cups this year, CL, Turkey league and cup. But, if Vakif loses against Rabita, then, there will be no cup, just like last year, after unhappiness of losing to Cannes. Btw, before Rabita, Yamamay and GS too can make some surprises as those both teams too have fighting spirits. So, chances of winning cups are Vakif and Rabita are 65% equal and chances of Yamamay and GS are equal, 35%. Rabita will be more determined this year, while Vakif has home advantage. But, I give Rabita a slight advantage for winning cup as they will be determined more this year after 3 years of failure. So, my favorite this year is Rabita.

Yes, Rabita is a dangerous team. I think will be the best match of this competition...:dance6:

• My guess: Rabita -Yama 3-1 if....

* Kozuch goes on playing uneffective, being outclassed by Montano
    * Foluke is able to block and contain Chr. Bauer: this would be a major blow to Yama's self-confidence and play strategy

... Should things go the opposite way (Kozuch and Bauer on fire, standing up fine against their opponents)
    Yama would win 3-2, because of
    * fighting spirit, and their capability to play as a team
    * Caracuta, Leonardi and Arrighetti not being worse than their opponents Castillo & co, (perhaps, taken all the 3 toghether, even slightly better...)

Forza Yama ! :wavy: