Brazil NT 2012

• Fernandinha was called to join the group! 8o I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit shocked. She refused the call when Zé Roberto listed her in 2009. She hasn't been part of the group the whole cycle. So, for him to call her now, sounds so unlike Zé Roberto. It's hard to imagine him calling her in an olympic year, under these circumstances, just to cut her before the OG.

• I forgot to add. He also called the usual suspects... From Sollys: Fabíola, Tandara, Adenízia, Thaísa, Jaqueline and Camila Brait. From Unilever: Sheila, Juciely, Natália, Mari and Fabi. From Fenerbahce: Fabiana. They'll join Dani Lins, Sassá (Sesi), Paula and Fernanda Garay (Vôlei Futuro), who presented already. Those girls, plus Fernandinha (Igtisadchi), make the brazilian roster for 2012.

• and Ana Tieme?? he doesn't consider her anymore??

No. I think pretty much everyone is done with her. After spending 4 years in Osasco's bench, being a sub for Carol Albuquerque, she only left there last season because Osasco had no interest in keeping her. She moved to Vôlei Futuro and, while having more chances to play than years before, she was clearly behind Ana Cristina's level and also spent a good part of the season as a sub. When she had chances to enter the court, she didn't do a very good job, I think.

• No. I think pretty much everyone is done with her. After spending 4 years in Osasco's bench, being a sub for Carol Albuquerque, she only left there last season because Osasco had no interest in keeping her. She moved to Vôlei Futuro and, while having more chances to play than years before, she was clearly behind Ana Cristina's level and also spent a good part of the season as a sub. When she had chances to enter the court, she didn't do a very good job, I think.

thanks, I was curios because nobody mentioned her anymore! :)

• thanks, I was curios because nobody mentioned her anymore! :)

I agree with yates. Everybody is done with her.
    She is a very accommodated player. It seems like she don't like playing.
    She was backup in Volei Futuro and when she entered in the games she couldn't did anything to help the team.

I think Fernandinha is the best setter Brazil has. She should have joined the team in 2009, but she refused.
    I think she has a few chances to play the Olympics. Anyway, Fabiola did a good season and I like Dani Lins game, but she needs to gain more confidence.

• I agree with yates. Everybody is done with her.
    She is a very accommodated player. It seems like she don't like playing.
    She was backup in Volei Futuro and when she entered in the games she couldn't did anything to help the team.

I think Fernandinha is the best setter Brazil has. She should have joined the team in 2009, but she refused.
    I think she has a few chances to play the Olympics. Anyway, Fabiola did a good season and I like Dani Lins game, but she needs to gain more confidence.

thank you Aerthur Bergamo...it is nice to have different comments! I didn't imagine she was like this!
    anyway I must say that I like Fernandinha too, her seasons in Busto were great, in Modena Cuccarini didn't get on well with her and they are still giving the fault to her for the disappointing first part of season... :down:

• No need for this. Jaqueline is the best OH from brasilian NT and Fernanda Garay is young and strong, for sure stronger than Paula Pequeno. Mari could take Fernanda's place in starting six, but she should be on her best shape.

Mari-Jaqueline and Fernanda-Jaqueline are the best OHs diagonals Brasilian NT has... No need for Paula, that's for sure.

• Jaque is currently in best form out of them all !

• Jaque is currently in best form out of them all !

well, there are times when paula is ON and there are times when she's OFF. i don't know if it's ana cristina's setting or not, but for me paula is currently an inconsistent player. :|

i choose mari instead of paula though. it's true that her reception, until now, is still questionable but at times she was magnificent in this year's league. bernardinho should also be blamed. i don't think he was able to develop mari this season.

on a happy note, i'm very happy with jaque and fe garay. i think with them on the team, reception wouldn't be a problem. the only problem, IF ever, is against the russian blocks and counterattack during sideouts. these two still have problems with tall blockers and they can't do high balls. this is the reason why i miss natalia and the old mari... but we'll see.. :)

lastly, fabiola ROCKED the finals in the superliga! fabiola over dani lins any day! i hope ze roberto will choose fabiola as the starting setter

• I agree that Jaque is in her best form and she is better than the others OH now. I think she deserves to be in the starting six this year, of course.
    She is an excellent player in the back line and absolutly amazing in the fast balls. But we need a OH to kill the high balls in the difficult moments. In my opinion, Jaqueline isn't that player. In 2006 and 2010 we saw it.
    Fernanda Garay is too inexperienced yet to do this job in the team. So, I really miss that Paula from 2005-2008 and the old Mari.
    I don't think Natalia is ready for this year because of her injury. She had been far from the lines for many months. I hope she can recorver and show me that's I am wrong.
    So I think Ze Roberto needs to recorver the old Mari and the old Paula. One of these two should be the partner of Jaque in the sqaud.
    I hope Sassá can go to the Olympics if we calssify. She is a extraordinary player that saved many times Brazil.

• Really surprising to see Fernandinha coming back....And since she also signed with Campinas, I think the chances for ther to be in Olympic Games are quite big!

Zé said in a tv program, he will make two groups of players, the first one will play the World Grand Prix first leg in Poland, while the others will stay in Brasil training, then the main team will play the WGP second leg in Brazil, that the group that played the first leg will play South American tournament and Yeltsin Cup.

But I think that is weird there wasnt a rules that team could change only 2 players per week in WGP?

• There is no doubt that Jacqueline is a very good player. However, i still think that she will not be that effective if ever Brazil went up against RUSSIA. I would prefer Sassa over her if that happens. I remember in 2010, i have lost count on how many times the Russians blocked her, and if only Mari played back then, i believe Brazil could have easily beaten Russia.

Another problem with Brazil is their setters. After 2008, their style of play have become slower and a bit predictable, especially their middle attacks (i remember in Beijing, they were really fast and precise, thanks to Fofao). I think this setter problem with Brazil was caused by their too much reliance on the experience of Fernanda Venturni and Fofao, that's why they did not develop that much over the years. I do not consider the age of Fabiola and Dani Lins that young (If i am not mistaken, Fabiola is the same age as Sheilla). IMHO, they should have been called to the National team as early as 2003 and train with the veterans at a very young age. In 2004, i am really wondering why Ze Roberto preferred aging players like Arlene and Bia over young players like Fabi and Sheilla. Almost half of the Brazilian players back then were over their 30's. A great player like Sheilla should have played for two Olympics already considering her age.

Nevertheless, i still think that Brazil will always be a top contender in the Olympics. If they can bring back Mari and Paula on their top forms, it would be very hard to defeat them. I wish them back-to-back Olympic titles to make up for the two World Championship titles (2006 & 2010) which they could have won.

• This is Zé Roberto ´s list for all the players that are practicing for Brazil NT this year.
    There will be two teams: A and B. The B team will play the Yeltsin Cup and will start playing the GP and the A team plays the weekend in Brazil and the final round, going further to the OG.
    My guesses for the final 14 are in bold. Maybe Natália (and not Tandara) might go the OG if she recovers from cirurgies really fast. And Fernandinha might be a surprise on the final 14 too.

* Notes: Ana Tiemi (setter) is FINALLY OUT from the NT. Priscila Daroit, Andressa, Gabi and Claudinha are probably being prepared for the after-London team. Verê is back after almost 10 years away (she used to be often on the NT before having an injury several years ago).

1. Fabiana (Fenerbache)

2. Juciely (Unilever/Rio de Janeiro)

3. Dani Lins (Sesi/São Paulo)

4. Paula Pequeno
    (Volei Futuro/Araçatuba)

5. Adenízia
    (Sollys/Osasco)

6. Thaísa
    (Sollys/Osasco)

7. Mari
    (Unilever/Rio de Janeiro)

8. Jaqueline (Sollys/Osasco)

9. Fernandinha (Baku)

10. Sassá (Sesi/São Paulo)

11. Tandara
    (Sollys/Osasco)

12. Natália

13. Sheilla

14. Fabí
    15. Joycinha (Volei Futuro/Araçatuba)

16. Fernanda Garay
    (Volei Futuro/Araçatuba)

17. Fabíola
    (Sollys/Osasco)

18. Camila Brait
    (Sollys/Osasco)

19. Claudinha (Usiminas/Minas)

20. Natasha (Usiminas/Minas)

21. Juliana Nogueira

22. Verê
    (Volei Futuro/Araçatuba)

23. Gabi
    (Mackenzie/Belo Horizonte)

24. Andressa (Volei Futuro/Araçatuba)

25. Priscila Daroit (Mackenzie/Belo Horizonte)

Setters: Dani Lins, Fernandinha, Fabíola e Claudinha

OPPs: Tandara, Sheilla, Joycinha e Juliana Nogueira

OHs: Paula Pequeno, Mari, Jaqueline, Sassá, Natália, Fernanda Garay, Gabi e Priscila Daroit

MBs: Fabiana, Juciely, Adenízia, Thaísa, Natasha e Andressa

Liberos: Fabí, Camila Brait e Verê

• Sassá twisted her ankle during training and will miss the Qualification tournament, she will need 3 to 4 weeks to recover.

another INJURY?!??!!?!?!?! and this near at the olympics?????? :cursing: :mad:

• I think the injury is not to serious, but since is so close to the qualification tournament, there is a big chance she wont play it, but she will be back after it.

• Priscila Daroit and Fernanda Garay :super: :super: :super:

New Brazilian stars :teach: