2012 Olympic Games

• I find this article that says Terzic won't decide the roster before 24 of July, the day when serbian team will move to London.

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sp…a-Spisak-tek-pred-odlazak

He is probably in same situation as Zé, but for really good reason instead..hehe.

Well, He definetly already sent one list to the London Commitee....but now with Brakcoevic and Malesevic injury, he might have to adapt the roster. Maybe he will wait till last minute to see If them both can play...or maybe If the list Kodzio find is true, If Brakocevic can recover, maybe Malesevic injury was more serious and they already realise she cant play...I dont know...I guess we will have to wait...also to see If no more players will get injury...cause in Serbia case and luck, that is not something off the table. :(

• He is probably in same situation as Zé, but for really good reason instead..hehe.

Well, He definetly already sent one list to the London Commitee....but now with Brakcoevic and Malesevic injury, he might have to adapt the roster. Maybe he will wait till last minute to see If them both can play...or maybe If the list Kodzio find is true, If Brakocevic can recover, maybe Malesevic injury was more serious and they already realise she cant play...I dont know...I guess we will have to wait...also to see If no more players will get injury...cause in Serbia case and luck, that is not something off the table. :(

Yea, it's the most likely thing. And I think that the two substitutes are Blagojevic for Malesevic and Bjelica for Brakocevic.
    So now we can only hope and see if both of them can recover in time. Or maybe yes, the list of Kondzio is right and the injury of Malesevic won't allow her to play in London. :(

• I'm appalled with how Serbia has succumbed to way too much injuries for a team to have. The olympics I have in mind is to see teams play with their best players. Imagine if we could see Serbia and Italy of 2011, Russia of 2010, and Brazil of 2008 going head-to-head with each other, the level of the game will definitely be much higher and exciting.

• I know in the last weeks we were all talking about which team will go with which roster and that Brazil keeps 13 players on list but this source states different.

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR…erfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It tells on the bottom of the page to click on the link if you want to see the official rosters, and when you do so you can chose Brazil

http://www.fivb.org/en/olympic…12/TeamsVB-W.asp?Team=BRA

And there the players are the following:

Fabiana Caludino, Danielle Lins, Paula Pequeno, Adenizia Silva, Thaisa Menezes, Jaqueline Carvalho, Fernanda Ferreira, Tandara Caixeta, Natalia Pereira, Sheilla Castro, Fabiana Oliveira, Fernanda Rodrigues

so seams like they take one more hitter instead of taking two liberos

According to the FIVB article these are the offical 12 players roster. I am not sure it is possible to change anymore till the Olympics or not... I think just if somebody gets injured before...

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

Edited once, last by volleystella ().

• Thank you Mr. Brightside for the reply :drink:

What is happening in Serbia? This is really so much, I mean they have so many injuried players..That is something really impossible, in 1 year they lost so many players(I don't know the exact number). Is it because of the players or lack of qualitiy training? Terzic and his assistant's must check their training methods. It is obvious that something goes wrong in that team.

• I don't think that's the official Serbian roster.
    Terzic said that Malesevic and Brakocevic will certainly go to London, even though they might not be 100% in the beginning.

According to him, the roster is basically set and it will be the players who've played on the team this summer. Looks like Djerisilo is the only question mark - I believe that she will take Blagojevic's place, if she makes it to the team.

• Japanese players likes to change their shirt numbers :D

Yeah but all of them?? Erika and Saori have been playing with 11 and 12 for ages and now they change...it seems strange to me.
    Btw, I remember until about 10 years or so ago, Japanese shirt numbers were decided by age...the oldest player had Nr 1 and so on :D So that's the reason why their numbers changed a lot back then...

• I also read the interwiew of Terzic HERE. And he's been clear, both Malesevic and Brakocevic will go to London. But I think that FIVB's site is a trusted source.

Maybe Malesevic will work with the team until 24 of July and after that, if she's ready, Terzic will decide to put her in the roster in place of Blagojevic.

• If Brakocevic cant play who goes? Bjelica?

I think it seems like Brakocevic have been playing injured all summer, so I bet she will play even if shes injured acctually...but if she like breaks her leg or something I guess it will be Bjelica, yes....it could also be Ivana Nesovic, who played well in Korea, but I guess Terzic prefers Bjelica.

• it could also be Ivana Nesovic, who played well in Korea, but I guess Terzic prefers Bjelica.

Nesovic isn't in the pre-roster's list of 20 players that Terzic announced around ten days ago. So the only OPP possibility is Ana.

• Nesovic isn't in the pre-roster's list of 20 players that Terzic announced around ten days ago. So the only OPP possibility is Ana.

I see, a kind of pity because I really dont think Ana Bjelica is a player for highest level yet...some people seems to think she is a new superstar but - maybe im blind - I just cant see it right now at least, not impressed by her coordination/movement at all.

• I see, a kind of pity because I really dont think Ana Bjelica is a player for highest level yet...some people seems to think she is a new superstar but - maybe im blind - I just cant see it though, not impressed by her coordination/movement at all.

Mmm, I consider her a good talent but I agree that she isn't well coordinated. Personally I find her a bit slow, and yes she is quite powerful in attack but she hasn't great variations of shots.
    And yep, omitting World Cup, she isn't ready for highest level yet but instead I think she can improve her skills and become a great solid player, maybe not a superstar, but securely better than Nesovic.

Italian seasons of Nesovic, Novara last year and the first part with Soverato (A2) this year, were so poor. She has disappointed me so so much.

• I think that Djerisilo at let's say, 70%, is better than Brakocevic in her current shape and Starovic, so I hope she makes it to London after all, since I hope Terzic will use her on her natural position if things go wrong, like they certainly will.

• Yeah but all of them?? Erika and Saori have been playing with 11 and 12 for ages and now they change...it seems strange to me.

Btw, I remember until about 10 years or so ago, Japanese shirt numbers were decided by age...the oldest player had Nr 1 and so on :D So that's the reason why their numbers changed a lot back then...

I remember, that at 2004 OG many Japanese players had different numbers than since 2005. I have impression, that Yoshi during her NT career had all numbers :D