2012 Olympic Games

• Oh my Hooker did something to her leg...

It seems nothing serious... not like in 2002, ten years ago, when Italy won the WCH because of Phipps' injury just before the final! :D
    And even in that occasion Italy had Korea in QuarterFinals... Korea in QF brings luck to Italy! Be careful USA! :lol:

• Today is one of the most sad days for me. I haven't seen the match but I learned the result right after the match ended.
    I'm very sorry for our girls. It's really hard to be objective right now, because I feel devastated. I have been told that our star Gamova didn't play at all and we were in match thanks to Sokolova, we were trailing 10-13 in the 5th set and again we made it 13-13 and even 14-13 and had 6 matchballs (like Brazil had in Athens 2004 24-19 and 14-13 in the 5th) but not this time. Gamova, what happened to you, all of sudden? I know that since WCH2010 final match Gamova never showed her real game but this your last chance to make your dream come true, why? You can beat Brazil alone, scoring 35-40 points, why only 7 points after 28 atacks after first 2 sets (I have been told so, dunno whether it's true or not). I can't and don't want ot understand that.
    I feel so sorry for all our veterans - Artamonova, Sokolova and Gamova, you girls made the history and made carees that many can only dream of, it's really painful that your ultimate dream will never come true. It's really sad that their NT careers ended that way, losing 19-21 in the 5th set in the quarterfinal match of OG amd losing their dream.
    I agree with Canter that from now on new era awaits Russian NT and this era won't bring victories, I think Russia will be quite average team, and it will be a success if we qualify for OG 2016 in Rio because we have no young talents at all. I didn't want to write that much, sorry if you still read this.

I have to give a credit to Brazil NT, it seems that could raise their level in play-off. Congrats, another OG final awaits them. And at last they won a dramatic match versus Russia and won the 5th set.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Congratulations to USA!!! :drink:
    Through the attack today was not so incredible, probably because of the setter change? but anyway they won. :drink:
    Hope Berg and Thompson are both healthy in the SF.
    Go USA!!! :super:

• No one knows, except the coaches and the doctors, about the situation on Berg. Whether she is healthy enough to play in the semis or not, I think letting Courtney Thompson play tonight was a big thing for her confidence in big matches. She can handle the situation pretty well, she's a tough kid. But we'll never know, maybe Berg will surprise all of us.. :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• No one knows, except the coaches and the doctors, about the situation on Berg. Whether she is healthy enough to play in the semis or not, I think letting Courtney Thompson play tonight was a big thing for her confidence in big matches. She can handle the situation pretty well, she's a tough kid. But we'll never know, maybe Berg will surprise all of us.. :box:

In the press conference after the Turkey match she said it's nothing serious she just felt something was not right in her leg.. they rested her tonight so I expect her to play in the semis

• 2 Teams from Pool B are now in the semis. 1 team from Pool A.

Will it be Korea or Italy for the last semis spot?

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• In the press conference after the Turkey match she said it's nothing serious she just felt something was not right in her leg.. they rested her tonight so I expect her to play in the semis

That's great news! :)