2012 Olympic Games

• Brazilian narrator kept screaming "Brazil resurged! Brazil resurged!" And all I can think about is "The Dark Knight Rises", cause they translated the title in portuguese to "resurge" instead of "rise", and Brazil truly rose from a deep well in this competition. Damn it. I was so uninvested. I kinda feel cheated... :lol: I supported the team so freaking much in 04, and 06, and 10, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it again this time around, because of everything that went on, and because I knew so much about Russia's mental strenght. But that was freaking epic, man. That was epic.

Epic indeed. What's weird for me is that the Brazilians are now the dark horses in this tournament when they are defending olympic champs. Given their amazing win, their hopes and confidence were rekindled and who knows, they could be the winners again.

• epic is an understatement. that tie-break (i know i'm repeating myself), is worth the finals... but yeah, like somebody had stated, someone has to lose. if only brazil played this well in the preliminaries.... which brings the question, why didn't play like this in the preliminaries???????? :(

I know, man. :|

• sokolova and gamova = 2 silver OG, 2 gold WCH

artamonovs = 3 silver OG, 2 WCH

gold OG is still every athlete's ultimate dream though.... ;(

But not all the players can reach the gold
    Peru at the 80s, Brasil at 90s, Russia till now.

Many excellent players didn't achieve it... ;(

• "Russian star and FIVB hero Ekaterina Gamova bid farewell to the national team at the end of this match as she had announced before traveling to London the Olympics would have been her last appearance with the jersey of the “sbornaya”."
    http://www.fivb.org/en/olympic….asp?No=36430&Language=en

Thank you for all Gamova! Even this wasn't your best performance, your career is absolutely amazing. ;(

• "Russian star and FIVB hero Ekaterina Gamova bid farewell to the national team at the end of this match as she had announced before traveling to London the Olympics would have been her last appearance with the jersey of the “sbornaya”."

Thank you for all Gamova! Even this wasn't your best performance, your career is absolutely amazing. ;(

im not a great fan of her...thanks Gamova for everything you have made...you have made volleyball look beatiful. :flower:

• Brazil great victory! :dance6:
    I have always believed in Brazil, because in my opinion, real fans have to support in good times and bad, only when ta winning is easy. And then they are a seminifinal a team that almost nobody believed. I belive brazilian team! :thumbup:
    I think the United States are favorites, but anything can happen, so he decides the winner late in the last game.
    sorry my english

• usa off to a good start. 8-1 in first set. This could be the only game tonight that will end in straight sets.

;( ;(

the last batch of Karpol era players that volleyball a wonderful sport...

thanks guys...

• sokolova played well in the 5th set :super: but her teammates as not able to keep up with her :down: nonetheless the important thing is brazil won :woohoo:

Yes, Lyuba scored with 2 difficult attacks to give 2 match points. Gamova was out of the game in tie break
    But, how can they forget to play with the MBs ? Bad, bad choices
    This duo can not score nearly all of the points. And russian coach, I don't understand him

What a pitty to end their fantastic career like that

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• Link for USA-DOM with commentators pls? Thank you

Hey
    Try this but it's coming from France so I'm not sure that it works
    http://www.francetv.fr/sport/l…piques-2012/direct?v=1219

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• I cannot believe that Japan take the match by using only two outside hitter whereas Russia couldn't manage with 3 monster spiker :roll:

One more 5 set maybe from KOR-ITA :box:

• I cannot believe that Japan take the match by using only two outside hitter whereas Russia couldn't manage with 3 monster spiker :roll:

One more 5 set maybe from KOR-ITA :box:

im sure japan really prepared for their match against china...most of us may seem not taking japan as a contender for a medal..but today they proved us wrong...i'm just really happy they won... :cup: :drink: