2012 Olympic Games

• Russia couldnt have played the defence Brasil played against Usa.

Russias has BLOCK and POWER, and the team that really challenged brazil and became brazil's turning point was against Russia. for me, THAT match is the finals! or at least more finals-like than what USA had shown today. Sokolova, Artamonova(Estes), Gamova, Goncharova CAN crush USA.

If only Destinee and the rest of the rookies played well though... they could've made this into at a 5-set thriller. after that 1st set, everything went blank for USA. :(

only my beloved logan tom played well.. a job well done for her... :heart: :flower:

• Russias has BLOCK and POWER, and the team that really challenged brazil and became brazil's turning point was against Russia. for me, THAT match is the finals! or at least more finals-like than what USA had shown today. Sokolova, Artamonova(Estes), Gamova, Goncharova CAN crush USA.

If only Destinee and the rest of the rookies played well though... they could've made this into at a 5-set thriller. after that 1st set, everything went blank for USA. :(

only my beloved logan tom played well.. a job well done for her... :heart: :flower:

Block was one of the best part of the game of Usa team but as you saw it didnt work well against Brasil. So we cant know if Russian block would work well,Maybe Gamova,Luba and Goncharova had had an extaordinary game then it could have been..

• Wow, is Hugh leaving the team? 8|

He is leaving the team. He will be coaching a team from NCAA... University of Minnesota. Minnesota is the home state of his wife, Wiz Bachman Mccutcheon. I think this was announced nearly 2 years ago.

So definitely there's a new Coach for Team USA..

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• He is leaving the team. He will be coaching a team from NCAA... University of Minnesota. Minnesota is the home state of his wife, Wiz Bachman Mccutcheon. I think this was announced nearly 2 years ago.

Too bad, I really liked him. I mean, people are giving him a hard time today and I think they're right about that. He shouldn't have stuck with Hodge so much. And other things, like he could've used a better OH on the bench, like Richards, who could contribute more to team as a receiver, and all. But in spite of all that, I still consider him the best coach of the present time. In addition to preparing the team very well technically and tactically these last couple of years, it seems he he did very good in creating a pleasant environment. But, anyways, best wishes for him.

• He is leaving the team. He will be coaching a team from NCAA... University of Minnesota. Minnesota is the home state of his wife, Wiz Bachman Mccutcheon. I think this was announced nearly 2 years ago.

After that he will coach Fenerbahce so yeah US needs find another one to coach them

• i've been waiting for that one too... there seems none...

SCORER: Kim Y.K.
    SPIKE: Destinee Hooker
    BLOCK: Fabiana Claudino
    SERVE: Sheilla Castro
    SET: Startseva
    DIG: Brenda Castillo
    RECEPTION: Fernanda Garay
    LIBERO: Brenda Castillo

• Too bad, I really liked him. I mean, people are giving him a hard time today and I think they're right about that. He shouldn't have stuck with Hodge so much. And other things, like he could've used a better OH on the bench, like Richards, who could contribute more to team as a receiver, and all. But in spite of all that, I still consider him the best coach of the present time. In addition to preparing the team very well technically and tactically these last couple of years, it seems he he did very good in creating a pleasant environment. But, anyways, best wishes for him.

I agree. Hugh did great work in the past 4 years and so did the whole team. Just look how many great new players USA found in the past years, they could have played with two teams in this OG easily. It is really unfortunate that their journey ends with one of the weakest performances since a long time, and considering that they worked so hard all the time to win Gold, it hurts even more. But at the ceremony most of the players (except Berg) looked well recovered and seemed happy with Silver too. I hope Logan Tom can stay with the team some more time, she is such an important player for them!

• Congratulations to the team of Brazil! :cup: Congratulations players who have left to believe :thumbup: . Congratulations to Ze Roberto! :drink:
    I'm very happy!

• Congratulations to the team of Brazil! :cup: Congratulations players who have left to believe :thumbup: . Congratulations to Ze Roberto! :drink:
    I'm very happy!

Foi inacreditável, Karina!

=D

• quarterfinals Bra x Russ for me this game deserved the final game came to this story. :obey:

• Foi inacreditável, Karina!

=D

:dance4: ooh yees, compatriota rs

• One question for Brazilian fans: what was the team saying/singing when they were all kneeling in a circle after the match?

They were thanking God, praying the Our Father. :)

• I didn't follow final match on live and I've just finished to watch the video (of course I didn't check the results before the watching :D ). The first thing I can say that I'm really surprised and shocked. I haven't read your comments yet so maybe you know how it's possible that USA lost :what: And how BRA could win after all troubles in group stage?

I feel sorry for Danielle Scott who has been my favourite player for many years. I wanted her to win gold. After Beijing 2008 silver medal is nothing special for her.

Anyway BRA made something special. They saved many match balls in quartefinal and now they are olympic champions once again :white:

• I was just wondering some minutes ago who the hell here in Brazil would say that Jaqueline and Dani Lins would be essential for our team in the final match... I'm massively surprised!!! :rolll: And I also would like to know about the individual awards...