Italy - Serie A1 Femminile 2012/2013

• 30^ Play Off Scudetto - Ottavi di finale - Gare di andata (mercoledì 10 aprile, ore 20.30):
    Volley 2002 Forlì Bologna - KGS Robursport Pesaro Arbitri Cerquoni-Bertoletti
    Chateau d'Ax Urbino - Banca Reale Yoyogurt Giaveno Gentile-Piersanti

30^ Play Off Scudetto - Ottavi di finale - Gare di ritorno (sabato 13 aprile, ore 20.30):
    KGS Robursport Pesaro - Volley 2002 Forlì Bologna Prati-Andreoni
    Banca Reale Yoyogurt Giaveno - Chateau d'Ax Urbino Ravallese-Marchello

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…eggi.asp?tipo=2&ID=108652

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• PLAY OFF SCUDETTO - 1st Half Eighth

URBINO 3 x 1 GIAVENO
    Scorers: Van Hecke 24, Partenio 22, Negrini 13 / Kauffeldt 17, Saccomani 14, Togut 11

Petrauskaite still not playing (€€€ ??? :whistle: ), but well replaced by Partenio who played a great match both in attack and reception!

BOLOGNA 0 x 3 PESARO
    Scorers: Ventura 9, Stufi 9, Brussa 8 / Gibbemeyer 22, Kenny Moreno 17, Tirozzi 11

Lauren Gibbemeyer MVP of the match with 15 points in attack, 6 blocks and 1 ace. Together with the young Croation opposite Samanta Fabris, Lauren is definitely the revelation player of this season and the 2nd Best MB Scorer(the 1st is Bauer). I hope to see her in an Italian Top Team next season!

(Tina Lipicer not playing even tonight :whistle:)

• PLAY OFF SCUDETTO - 2nd Half Eighth

GIAVENO 3 x 0 URBINO
    Scorers: Togut 14, Donà 9, Saccomani 9 / Partenio 13, Van Hecke 10, Negrini 8

PESARO 3 x 0 FORLI' BOLOGNA
    Scorers: Tirozzi 18, Kenny Moreno 14, Manzano 9 / Brussa 9, Arimattei 9, Stufi 8

GIAVENO and PESARO advance to the QuarterFinals.
    And this means the End for Urbino in A1, players didn't get paid and won't let the club apply for next season.

QuarterFinals start on Tuesday 16th April at 8:30 pm (Best-of-Three Matches):
    BUSTO ARSIZIO vs. GIAVENO
    VILLA CORTESE vs. CONEGLIANO
    PIACENZA vs. PESARO
    BERGAMO vs. CHIERI TORINO

• what about Hecke's level?

Statistically she's good (best scorer of the league), but from watching, I have never been too impressed with her performances. But then, she's only 20, and considering this, she certainly can be great in the future. I'm not sure if it's good for her to play as key player in Italy at her age already, it would be good if there was someone to replace her sometimes.

About Urbino, they had better not played CL this year :aww: It costs a lot of money and it was clear from the beginning that they couldn't achieve much with their team, so I think they should have saved that money and concentrated on league.

Next season we'll have a 4 team league with Busto, Villa, Piacenza and Bergamo if the development in Italy continues this way :wall:

• I'm very curious how this season's financial woes will affect next season's signings. We've already seen the creme of the crop leave Italy for Turkey, Azerbaijan and Russia but next season could be even worse with even Italian players considering options abroad.

• Statistically she's good (best scorer of the league), but from watching, I have never been too impressed with her performances. But then, she's only 20, and considering this, she certainly can be great in the future. I'm not sure if it's good for her to play as key player in Italy at her age already, it would be good if there was someone to replace her sometimes.

About Urbino, they had better not played CL this year :aww: It costs a lot of money and it was clear from the beginning that they couldn't achieve much with their team, so I think they should have saved that money and concentrated on league.

Next season we'll have a 4 team league with Busto, Villa, Piacenza and Bergamo if the development in Italy continues this way :wall:

Van Hecke improved a lot this year, but she's still very inconsisent...sometimes she scores 30 points, sometimes she just sucks (like tonight with only 21% in attack). She is young and a good prospect, but I expected much more from her. Nikolova and Diouf are more or less the same age but are already more consistent than Her. I agree with Matthias, she never really impressed me when I watched her. Anyway I hope she will improve and become the great Opposite everybody expected her to become.

As regards Urbino's participation to the CL, they had to otherwise their sponsor Chateau d'Ax would have left them.
    But apparently the money they got from the sponsor wasn't enough to afford the roster that they built.

TheUSAFAN: I'm not so pessimistic about Italian League for the next future...3 bad clubs will surely disappear but they will be replaced by some solid ones. Italian League will become the place where cheap young talents from all over the World will come to develop and improve, because of the excellent level of coaches and trainings. And once they've become Stars, they'll leave for Turkey and Baku to earn a lot of money of course ;)

• TheUSAFAN: I'm not so pessimistic about Italian League for the next future...3 bad clubs will surely disappear but they will be replaced by some solid ones. Italian League will become the place where cheap young talents from all over the World will come to develop and improve, because of the excellent level of coaches and trainings. And once they've become Stars, they'll leave for Turkey and Baku to earn a lot of money of course ;)

I agree that the level of coaching will continue to attract young talents looking to improve and develop but you can't ignore that the Italian clubs financial struggles have been a huge issue this season. It's also not just limited to Crema, Modena and Urbino. Pesaro was having financial issues early in the season and Chieri as well. My concern has more to do with the fact that these clubs have issues in the middle of the season once players have already committed and it makes it very difficult to find another team that is aligned with what they truly want and they're left scrambling. Younger players with fewer offers will undoubtedly take an Italian offer but for players that are more established players you can't deny it that they'll be examining the team's finances even more than in previous seasons and if they have an equivalent or better offer in another league they may opt for the stability of another country's economy. I don't think the league will fall into disaster but it will be at a different level.

• I agree that the level of coaching will continue to attract young talents looking to improve and develop but you can't ignore that the Italian clubs financial struggles have been a huge issue this season. It's also not just limited to Crema, Modena and Urbino. Pesaro was having financial issues early in the season and Chieri as well. My concern has more to do with the fact that these clubs have issues in the middle of the season once players have already committed and it makes it very difficult to find another team that is aligned with what they truly want and they're left scrambling. Younger players with fewer offers will undoubtedly take an Italian offer but for players that are more established players you can't deny it that they'll be examining the team's finances even more than in previous seasons and if they have an equivalent or better offer in another league they may opt for the stability of another country's economy. I don't think the league will fall into disaster but it will be at a different level.

We'll see...I understand your reasons, but I'm quite optimistic. A1 without Chieri, Giaveno and Urbino will be almost clean financially speaking. There are clubs with not much money which still attract a lot of young talents, who accepted a lower salary because they trust these clubs and know they can improve a lot there. For example Gibbemeyer, Crimes, Klisura, Klineman, Brown, Radenkovic..but also Glass and Harmotto, even though their case was a bit different(they were promised a very good salary in Modena, but lower than what they could get abroad... but they still accepted to come/stay in Italy...even if they were not so lucky this year ;) ).
    Pavan, 4 years ago when she was young, said NO to several Turkish super offers $ in order to come to Italy and develop. The same happened with Hooker and Hodge, they first came to Italy even though they could earn much more abroad. And the same is happening now with Klineman.
    Even experienced players like Weiss and Blagojevic accepted a low salary in Italy because they trust the club and like the level of trainings there.
    Piacenza is quite rich, but not like Turkish and Azeri clubs...but still, Meijners(who's getting offers from everywhere) wants to stay in Piacenza because she knows that Italy is the right place to grow up as a player(and also because she's studying here I think). Kozuch said NO to a much higher Brazilian salary in order to play in a super professional and serious club like Busto Arsizio. Veljkovic, who's already one of the bests in the World in her role, decided to stay in Villa Cortese not for money but to develop and become a great player.
    Despite all the financial issues, Italy is still very attractive for young talents but also for some older ones.
    And next year I'm sure all the dirty and dishonest clubs will be kicked out, and their place will be taken by reliable ones like Novara, Frosinone, Casalmaggiore and probably Liu-Jo, the famous and prestigious fashion industry seems to be interested to buy an A1 spot and bring Female Volleyball to Modena again...but this time without the ridiculous Modena's management of this year.

• What happened to Paola Croce ?

She was hired in Urbino after Modena's failure. But after 2 months she escaped also from Urbino because they gave her only 10% of the salary they promissed to her. :mad:
    Urbino's managers suck. They even want to bring her to tribunal for having left the team without their authorization!! 8|
    Urbino's managers are shits, assholes, worse than Mafia. Fuck them!

• PLAY OFF SCUDETTO (Match-1 Quarter)

VILLA CORTESE 3 x 1 CONEGLIANO
    MVP: Stefana Veljkovic
    Scorers: Barun 23, Klineman 17, Veljkovic 16 / Fiorin 16, Nikolova 15, Barazza 12

PIACENZA 3 x 2 PESARO
    Scorers: Meijners 25, L.Bosetti 24, Guiggi 14 / Gibbemeyer 17, Kenny Moreno 17, Manzano 16

Tomorrow:
    BUSTO ARSIZIO - GIAVENO
    BERGAMO - CHIERI TORINO

• She was hired in Urbino after Modena's failure. But after 2 months she escaped also from Urbino because they gave her only 10% of the salary they promissed to her. :mad:
    Urbino's managers suck. They even want to bring her to tribunal for having left the team without their authorization!! 8|
    Urbino's managers are shits, assholes, worse than Mafia. Fuck them!

Man, that's the worst diseaster A club can make :down: Seriously, they're totally messy.

• Piccinini might not play against Foppa today...she will be in bench...like Paola...seems she is having problems with Chieri managers...rumors she is not receiving salaries also...

but I guess someone from ITaly, can say better.. :(