2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• i didn't understand what happened and what's the problem with the officials. was it wrong rotation? wrong server? the officials can't even decide if they can allow DOM's substitution. what's up with that? 8| even the commentator, clayton lucas, was totally lost as well.

it seemed a wrong rotation, but the table pointed to china side but they gave them the point lol
    not understand at all!

• it seems Milena Rasiç and Kübra Akman will be the middles of Vakıfbank after seeing Robin's performance...

I doubt that. Kubra is really good but still very slow to go to 2 and 4 for blocking. Often she is late and makes an error. Robin looked smarter to me. However due to foreign limit, I guess it will be wiser to use Kubra & Rasic. Bahar has no chance among these 3.

• I doubt that. Kubra is really good but still very slow to go to 2 and 4 for blocking. Often she is late and makes an error. Robin looked smarter to me. However due to foreign limit, I guess it will be wiser to use Kubra & Rasic. Bahar has no chance among these 3.

IMO Kübra had a much more impressive summer than De Kruijf, so even if she still has some weaknesses, De Kruijf probably has more...

First defeat for DOM but still I hope they advance to Final round, they have been playing a very good tournament. Rivera is going beyond her limits, she's not tall and her jumping ability is just ridiculous for this level, but still she manages to score reliably.

• China can not win without Hui and Zhu Ting.

Now, Japan is in danger, I hope they will get at least 1 point from Italy.

• what a tough match… ultimately CHN too strong for DOM. unfort. mambru not much impact today, problems with passing made middle attacks difficult, too many hitting errors (and other types), too much reliance on de la cruz, but on the plus side, DOM seems to be playing better defense than before.

final stats table showed very even in kills, aces and errors between the 2 teams but CHN with 14 blocks vs. 7 for DOM.

matthias, rivera is amazing, isn't she? i used to be frustrated because she dinks a lot but wasn't she one of the best scorers in london? she always makes an impact, and she's crucial because of her passing ability.

also disappointed with binet. in 5th set, she comes in at the end and shanks 2 passes in a row????? brenda so good to fix them but rivera hit one out and the other one don't recall what happened but CHN won that point as well.

• btw yesterday in RUS x TUR match, they had an award for best player? given by aguero to gozde, right? why only that match?????

I think they give it in every match. As far as I read, Merve got the award today.

• China can not win without Hui and Zhu Ting.

Now, Japan is in danger, I hope they will get at least 1 point from Italy.

No, Japan must win. 1 point will mean that DR advances. DR has the tiebreaker if they finish even on points with number of match wins.

• I wonder how will play gamova against Brazil :white:
    first time after London and after a weak match vs. Turkey :gone:

• Kelsey Robinson is playing really good!! I like her, she is really complete...I hope she can grow even more!

Too shaky reception for Serbia, Boskovic is hitting hard but she alone!

Robinson is very talented, such a treasure for USA after Logan leaves. And so happy she will be playing with Zeng Chunlei and Liu Xiaotong in Beijing this club season. I definitely gonna see her playing.