2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Russia woke up :white:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• " :sos: Allo Mr Freud ? ... :sos: Allo ? ... Anyone there ? "

• Russian's victory now quite possible 8o :super: :box:

• Completely crazy !
    Russian and US have invented a new game today !
    Congrats to US to have overpassed their black out :rolleyes:

• Now USA is going to win 3-1

ITALY WILL PLAY THE SEMIFINAL :thumbsup:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• This was a pretty ugly match overall, the teams never played well at the same time.

If Russia beats Italy with 3 points, they'll be through to the semis because of better sets ratio than the USA, but let's face it, this won't happen.

• The 47th point was for Russia, no ?
    Us team still has to do more sophrology

• Italy may give Russia 3 pts because Russia has more chance to beat Brazil in Semi than USA- looking in the matches from last days.

• Italy needs one more set to be 1st in the poll.

I think USA will make it to the semis because Italy will win tomorrow ;)

• Well whatever could be the results, I hope both teams will play a good volleyball in their next game. :super:
    Actually it's not funny to watch all these great players in a hurray game as the today one. It shows a volleyball team can become very fragile even at the highest level.

• My beloved Jordan Larson, what happened to you? How could you be so poor? ;(
    The USA team played worse than yesterday. As I said previously, this team is getting worse and worse match by match.

Our strength was having the best spiking reach in the world. Kiraly, please, wake up. Even the best MB in the world can't be effective with these fast and low sets.

I can't see any improvement by any of our players. Just Murphy keeps growing, but this isn't linked to Kiraly's work, this is physiological, since she changed position from setter to opposite.

Larson worsened.
    Akinradewo worsened.
    Harmotto worsened.
    Alisha Glass worsened.

All the key players worsened. This is frustrating, seriously.

• All the key players worsened. This is frustrating, seriously.

Unfortunately this trend is not only limited to USA. Almost all teams in this tournament have been playing worse than 4 years ago. When I remember the level of play of 2004 OG final (and the semifinals too), seeing what has become of volleyball 10 years later almost makes me cry.