2012 Olympic Games

• Is Germany locked for 4th place? Can Brazil do their gypsy tricks and lose to become 4th?

If we play vs. Germany... God, we haven't played against them for ages :lol: And I start dreaming a battle Grozer-Sokolov. The others will come with shields and helmets in the field :lol:

No, there are no gypsy tricks thet can put Brazil into the 4th spot - better set ratio.

• Congrats to Bulgaria. They deserved to win. Italy just like Poland - dissappointing and average in every aspect of the game. Sokolov rocks :super: Good luck against Germany, I'll keep my fingers crossed :thumbup:

“Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.” S. Erikson

• Thanks for so irogant answer

Dude, stop it already. Your statement is beyond ridiculous, and if you seriously think he are the best in the world, well you 'd better start following some other sport. Volleyball is not for you :drink:

• After 2-3 years he will be most probably in top 3 on the world opposites.

Mikhaylov, Grozer, Sokolov, who else? I don't think other opposites display the same level in NT

• there is reason why Italy are the only team with 2 liberos in OG :D

The reason is simple: Bari is the best of the best and FIVB decided Italy are getting an unfair advantage over the other teams and forbade them from using him all the time :D

• Mikhaylov, Grozer, Sokolov, who else? I don't think other opposites display the same level in NT

Wlazly. Miljkovic, Omrcen...

• Wlazly. Miljkovic, Omrcen...

in NT? Omrcen is closest, but no one else has this bestiality on serve, even Wlazly is not that high I think.

• The bottomline from today's games is that Germany or bulgaria will be at least in top4 :obey: And may even win a medal :thumbup:

• in NT? Omrcen is closest, but no one else has this bestiality on serve, even Wlazly is not that high I think.

wnat do you mean not so high? I forgot Stanley who looks reborn these days

• this is sooo odd to see ?(
    we didn't play so well, it was Itlay underperformed. For some reason we take the worst out of Italy. Maybe it is a bad match up :what: otherwise I cannot explain this result. When was the last time Italy won a set vs Bulgaria :what: :what:
    Sokolov is monster, I love him, but he is still unstable and a lot of work has to be done so he can become a great player...
    I am not so happy we play Germany. They know us very well and as it seems with this new squad we are still a surprise and difficult to deal with for other teams bar Argentina.
    Germany knows how to deal us, so they may very well got to F4 and even win a medal.

This Olympic games is so wired. It is not the first time Bulgaria defeat one of the biggest favorites for gold (in fact it happens almost always) but is a first time we actually benefit from this win :what: :what: . That is something new...

• Teddy Salparov on Germany:

"The question with them is that if Grozer's game is on, he kills people!"

:D

Edit: Something is wrong with the official stats! How can Sokolov be 17/32 and have 37% efficiency? And Yosifov has 5 spike points with 0% efficency :white: And he has actually 100%!

• Sokolov is monster, I love him, but he is still unstable and a lot of work has to be done so he can become a great player...

He is not consistent yet, but he reaches the highest level when playing good. The difference with Mikhaylov is that the latter is almost always there.

• Edit: Something is wrong with the official stats! How can Sokolov be 17/32 and have 37% efficiency? And Yosifov has 5 spike points with 0% efficency :white: And he has actually 100%!

Sokolov had 5 faults, so (17 points - 5 faults) / 32 spikes overall = 37.5% efficiency

Yosifov has a 100% efficiency (5-0) / 5 = 100%
    But since stats are irrelevant for little numbers, there's no efficiency calculated for him on this single game alone.

• Italy...what happened??? I didn't expect such a fail! congrats to Bulgaria, I would have never said they would have ended first the pool! and now USA...to me it is going to be really hard! ;(

• Poland lost to Australia ?(

Congratulations, Australia. :D

Poland is gonna face Brazil or Russia....

Who would you guys chose? :D :D :D :D

• Poland is gonna face Brazil or Russia....

Who would you guys chose?

I don't know if my answer satisfies you but I would like to see Brazil.
    Of course, we won with them 4 times this year, but it doesn't mean we're gonna do it again.

I wish.

• you are right,Italy will face USA

Only if USA wins against Tunisia in 3 sets which is highly possible.

Geez, USA vs ITA for the quarterfinals.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)