Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Longer report from Aachen-Hamburg plus interview with Angie Bland and Karine Muijlwijk (the interview continues in part 2 of the video for those who are interested)

Aachen's team shows the importance of team play and emotions in volleyball :win:

EDIT Hahahaha nice shot of Aachen's coach on the preview screen :lol:

• Matthias what do You think. Who has more power to fight, is hungry more to win- Virgin or non-Virgin?

I think Noone thinks about that case. Curious if Someone did experiments in that case, checked it.

• Another broadcast on DVL TV has been confirmed, and it will be a very good match :win:

03.11.12, 18.50 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg vs Dresdner SC

:drink: :drink:

• But in some way, schedule of DVL TV is a bit strange...the next 4 matches all are from women's league, and after that, from the next 5 matches 4 will be from men's league and only one women match in between :S And as all clubs contributed to the production costs, it would be nice if we could actually get to see all teams...

By the way, just as reminder, this weekend we can see Stuttgart vs Wiesbaden :)

• I can't wait for Stuttgart Wiesbaden ..tomorrow at 19:30, is that right??

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• I can't wait for Stuttgart Wiesbaden ..tomorrow at 19:30, is that right??

Correct :thumbsup: Transmission will start some minutes earlier already. I'm also interested to see how Kitipova plays, I liked her game in Bulgaria NT this summer but she had very little time to find into Stuttgart's team because she came there so late from NT. But Stuttgart's coach said she improved the team's level a lot...

• To be a starting setter for Stuttgart is a big challenge for her, believe me. Even if her career is thriving she is still the young greeny setter who has so much to learn... But I believe in her success....

About Bundesliga - it will be my first game to watch. I saw Sharrena and it is just like a dream place for a volleyball player, very nice hall! What about Wiesbaden - are they one of the top teams?

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Wiesbaden was 7th last season and their goal for this season is to be in Top 6, in the first match they lost very close at home against Vilsbiburg. The team doesn't have a big star, but they kept almost the whole starting six from last season and added some young talents to their roster, they also had very good results in preparation matches and of all teams in the league they are the one who had the longest preparation and only 2 players (Viestova and Ivanovic) were missing some time to be with their NTs. Honestly I think Stuttgart has much better individual players than Wiesbaden, but so early in the season, Wiesbaden's good team play could be an advantage, and I expect a close match :)

EDIT I just found a nice video from last week's match Wiesbaden-Vilsbiburg:

• Köpenick wins 3:0 in Vilsbiburg!!! :white: :white:
    Ilona Dröger with 20 points, 63% in attack. All results and stats later...

Stuttgart is down 0:2 vs Wiesbaden now...their reception is so weak, Kitipova can't do much. Svenja Engelhardt is a weaker player than I thought, I think when Silvana Olivera is back at 100% (she had an ankle injury some weeks ago and has just restarted training recently), she will replace her in starting six. Bremer and Schaus were two of the best attacking MBs in the league last season, but at the moment there is no chance to use them. It's also obvious that Wiesbaden plays together much longer as team, the connection between Viestova and her attackers is really good. Ivanovic played a great 1st set, but in 2nd set Stuttgart served her off the court eventually...Wiesbaden's libero might be the worst in the league, but right now it doesn't harm the team yet...Will be interesting to see if Stuttgart can come back and turn the match around.

By the way, the football team of VfB Stuttgart is in the hall watching the match...

• SC Potsdam - VCO Berlin 3:0 (25:22 / 25:16 / 25:23)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2123.pdf
    MVP: Lucia Fresco / Denise Imoudu

VT Aurubis Hamburg - Schweriner SC 2:3 (25:19 / 25:22 / 18:25 / 16:25 / 13:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2121.pdf
    MVP: Julie Jasova / Lucia Hatinova

Rote Raben Vilsbiburg - Köpenicker SC Berlin 0:3 (23:25 / 23:25 / 21:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2125.pdf
    MVP: Lenka Dürr / Ilona Dröger

Allianz MTV Stuttgart - VC Wiesbaden 1:3 (22:25 / 21:25 / 25:14 / 22:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2124.pdf
    MVP: Lora Kitipova / Regina Burchardt

VfB Suhl - Dresdner SC 0:3 (14:25 / 18:25 / 20:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2122.pdf (soon)
    MVP: Silvia Sperl / Martina Utla

Tomorrow: USC Münster - Alemannia Aachen

Wiesbaden was completely not there in 3rd set and everything worked for Stuttgart there. 4th set was very balanced, Regina Burchardt was very impressive for Wiesbaden in the decisive phase and deservedly got the MVP award.
    Schwerin recovered from 0:2 against Hamburg to win eventually in tie-break, maybe in the beginning they were still kind of in the "Kazan-feeling" and forgot to play, but they woke up in time.
    Caterina Fanzini with 5/37 in attack against a team with only junior players :aww: And I thought she could be one of the stars of our league this season :whistle:
    Vilsbiburg losing 0:3 at home against Köpenick is a real big surprise for me, especially after Köpenick's "not so good" start against Münster last week. In 3rd set, Vilsbiburg started with 5:0, and the next time I checked live score it was 6:12 :white:
    Raven, can you tell us a bit about the match?

• I watched big parts of Stuttgart-Wiesbaden..I must admit both teams didn't impress me...low-level-match..Stuttgart had many misunderstandings..anyway, congrats to Wiesbaden :)

Schwerin :white: They were very lucky today, eventually winning the match. Buijs had only 27% in attack :S She started on bench, so maybe she wasn't 100%..or she had an off-day today.

EDIT: I really like Stuttgart's-libero...great player :super:

• Yes, Evelyn Delogu is one of the best liberos on our league since several years, she's really good.

I agree that the level was not great tactically, but both teams fought well and there were some nice rallies, overall the match was not too bad I think. But once again I am wondering where in the world are players who can receive???

Sander, what do you think about Van Daelen? She reminds me a lot of Judith Pietersen, the way how she moves etc. I think considering this is her first year as Opp she is fairly talented, she hits with a lot of power, if she develops well she can become a really good Opp I think...

• Vilsbiburg losing 0:3 at home against Köpenick is a real big surprise for me, especially after Köpenick's "not so good" start against Münster last week. In 3rd set, Vilsbiburg started with 5:0, and the next time I checked live score it was 6:12 :white:

Same in first set from 11:6 to 11:16...

• Yes, Evelyn Delogu is one of the best liberos on our league since several years, she's really good.

I agree that the level was not great tactically, but both teams fought well and there were some nice rallies, overall the match was not too bad I think. But once again I am wondering where in the world are players who can receive???

Sander, what do you think about Van Daelen? She reminds me a lot of Judith Pietersen, the way how she moves etc. I think considering this is her first year as Opp she is fairly talented, she hits with a lot of power, if she develops well she can become a really good Opp I think...

Deborah is a special case...She is an original MB...during her last season in Weert she started to play OH (with reception) because of emergency-call (injred OHs). Last year in Venelles she played OH as well, if I remember correctly; and now Opp in Stuttgart.
    Also Pietersen is an original MB and changed to OH/Opp later..

Style of play: Judith has (little) more power than Deborah and is a (little) better blocker. Deborah moves better/is faster (Judith is quite slow in her moves) and jumps a lot better than Judith.

So, I don't agree with you that they are the same type of players ;) EDIT: they are not TOTALLY the same type..so you are right in a certain way

Overall I think Deborah has more potential. She is a better all-round player.

• Yeah well, of course they are not exactly the same type of player, but that's also not what I meant ;) I was just refering to the style (movement, armswing) of attack which looks similar in both, but of course it helps that they are both tall blond Dutch girls :D

I still think it was not a good idea to move Pietersen to Opp (whose idea was it anyway??)...in 2006, I watched Dutch Junior NT in ECH and Pietersen as MB was by far the best and most interesting player of that team, I'm sure if she had stayed MB she could be better than De Kruijf and Steenbergen now, and what's most important, right now Dutch NT has no MB2-type player, all 3 MBs of current Dutch NT attack better behind the setter than in front of the setter, and Pietersen was more a Visser-style MB who attacked very well in the middle.

Match point of Suhl-Dresden: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=3857325197902

• Yeah well, of course they are not exactly the same type of player, but that's also not what I meant ;) I was just refering to the style (movement, armswing) of attack which looks similar in both, but of course it helps that they are both tall blond Dutch girls :D

I still think it was not a good idea to move Pietersen to Opp (whose idea was it anyway??)...in 2006, I watched Dutch Junior NT in ECH and Pietersen as MB was by far the best and most interesting player of that team, I'm sure if she had stayed MB she could be better than De Kruijf and Steenbergen now, and what's most important, right now Dutch NT has no MB2-type player, all 3 MBs of current Dutch NT attack better behind the setter than in front of the setter, and Pietersen was more a Visser-style MB who attacked very well in the middle.

Match point of Suhl-Dresden: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=3857325197902

Judith had a very serious knee-injury, during a period of 1-2 years (I think about 2008-2010) After that period, she made her come-back for TVC Amstelveen as MB, but later changed to opposite-position in the middle of 2010-2011-season, because TVC had financial problems and couldn't pay anymore the Serbian opposite Mirjana Djuric (she last year played for Rote Raben). So, it was an emergency-case. In the summer of 2011 she got an invitation for Dutch NT at opposite-position and a few months later Dresden signed her as an opposite.

I agree with you that Opp isn't her best position --> she would be better at MB-position.

• I've watched only sets 1 and 2, but I'll watch the other 2 sets when the game is on DVL.com :what:

Matthias, all you have said is an obvious true. Wiesbaden really showed their team play and Stuttgart showed that they need more time to make their combinations and the players to find their places on the court. I think Stuttgart will play with a lot of high balls and some funny center attacks and maybe good pipes. For sure they have enough time till the playoffs :lol: ... I don't know why Kitipova dont use her jump-float, i think it makes a lot more trouble to the receivers... Nice product - the Bundesliga :thumbup:

• Let me share my opinion about the match of "my" hometeam against Köpenick.
    First of all, Köpenick deserved to win. No doubt about that. They played very well, but Vilsbiburg made it also easy for them. Vilsbiburg in block and attack not necessarily aggressive enough.
    I had this feeling they were going into this match like, hey it´s only Köpenick. We beat Rreshen pretty easy with 3:0, so we will also beat Köpenick as easy as that.
    Köpenick played well in defense and when they scored the first points, it seemed Vilsbiburg just didn´t know what hit them. They were obviously surprised and lost the thread.
    I, for one think, that this was a good point in time to lose a match against an allegedly weaker opponent. I guess, it makes them realize to never underestimate any opponent.
    I´m lookin´ forward to the match against Dresden, ´cause i´m sure Vilsbiburg´s performance will be totally different from their performance yesterday.