Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Thanks for the infos. Any idea how long Dörendahl will be out/what her injury is?

Another report about Köpenick-Hamburg: http://www.hamburg1.de/sport/A…rschaerft_sich-14369.html

Aachen-Potsdam:

Again and again it is a pleasure to see Muijlwijk 'bombing' the opponent with her spikes and serves :super:

• She is playing volleyball for 2 years now according to newspaper - but I think it must be at least 3 years. Before playing volleyball she made atheletics, especially high jump. Great talent!

Wow, it sounds very promising :drink: So, she seems to be a very good jumper; that is a big advantage for a volleyball-player :win:

• Again and again it is a pleasure to see Muijlwijk 'bombing' the opponent with her spikes and serves :super:

Absolutely! :win:
    For me she is THE revelation of the season so far! By the way, she says Aachen's coach had to teach her again the right movement of her shoulder in attack because after the surgery she started doing a rather strange movement because of the pain, but now everything is back to normal :)

• Wow, it sounds very promising :drink: So, she seems to be a very good jumper; that is a big advantage for a volleyball-player :win:

After watching her in some matches of USC 2 this season and watching Carina Aulenbrock in her match of VCO Berlin against first team of USC last weekend, I could not believe that Aulenbrock played most of the matches in European Championship of the Juniors this summer (in august). But maybe Louisa Lippmann raised her confidence after her 18th birthday in september and plays much better now... - and maybe she is the reason why Aulenbrock must learn receiving this season :)

• Absolutely! :win:
    For me she is THE revelation of the season so far! By the way, she says Aachen's coach had to teach her again the right movement of her shoulder in attack because after the surgery she started doing a rather strange movement because of the pain, but now everything is back to normal :)

Karine Muijlwijk has very impressive upper thigh muscles. Her performance in Münster was not so impressive but it was a relatively easy victory for Münster because Bednarova could not play...

• After watching her in some matches of USC 2 this season and watching Carina Aulenbrock in her match of VCO Berlin against first team of USC last weekend, I could not believe that Aulenbrock played most of the matches in European Championship of the Juniors this summer (in august). But maybe Louisa Lippmann raised her confidence after her 18th birthday in september and plays much better now... - and maybe she is the reason why Aulenbrock must learn receiving this season :)

Up till now, Aulenbrock has not at all fulfilled the expectations that came up after her performances when she was younger unfortunately. Somehow I thought the reason she has to learn to receive is Guidetti's desperate search for a tall OH :D
    I hope Lippmann will get chances to actually play in 1st team, but since there will be no "easy" matches this season it might be difficult.

This leads me to something else: the first rounds of league and Cup confirmed the prediction that this season is likely to be the most balanced in the last years, and this balance is on a rather high level too. The previously "weak" teams like Aachen, Köpenick and Potsdam made very good transfers and victories of "small" teams against "big" teams are no longer such big sensations because so much is possible this season, and that is very interesting :thumbup:

• Up till now, Aulenbrock has not at all fulfilled the expectations that came up after her performances when she was younger unfortunately. Somehow I thought the reason she has to learn to receive is Guidetti's desperate search for a tall OH :D
    I hope Lippmann will get chances to actually play in 1st team, but since there will be no "easy" matches this season it might be difficult.

This leads me to something else: the first rounds of league and Cup confirmed the prediction that this season is likely to be the most balanced in the last years, and this balance is on a rather high level too. The previously "weak" teams like Aachen, Köpenick and Potsdam made very good transfers and victories of "small" teams against "big" teams are no longer such big sensations because so much is possible this season, and that is very interesting :thumbup:

I think there will be some easy matches in Challenge Cup. If they win against Kfar-Saba second round against ZOK Split seems to be very easy.
    Louisa Lippmann normally will not be in starting team this season in Bundesliga while Hana Cutura and Lonneke Sloetjes stay fit. But she is maybe the first substitute on this position after a short time of training with the team. It will be always the question if the substitute must receive or attack...

• If it weren't so tragic it could almost be funny: Dresden's 3rd (!) libero Lisa Stock became ill this week and it's not sure if she can play tomorrow :white: If she can't, Frieda Thieme will probably play libero, and then there won't be any substitute for OH. Schwabe will be back in about 1-2 weeks. Kerstin Tzscherlich needs another treatment on her knee because it does not heal well, it's possible that she might not play at all this season :S Dresden will probably make another transfer under these circumstances...

• If it weren't so tragic it could almost be funny: Dresden's 3rd (!) libero Lisa Stock became ill this week and it's not sure if she can play tomorrow :white: If she can't, Frieda Thieme will probably play libero, and then there won't be any substitute for OH. Schwabe will be back in about 1-2 weeks. Kerstin Tzscherlich needs another treatment on her knee because it does not heal well, it's possible that she might not play at all this season :S Dresden will probably make another transfer under these circumstances...

:S :S

• It's not a good match played by her so far, but it's a nice surprise the powerful spike of Muijlwijk. And why not say it too, she is extremely good-looking :love:

• Alemannia Aachen reception is insufferable :hit:

• From 24-20 and four Wiesbaden match points to 24-26 with 6 great serves of Barbara Dagi. 8|

• And Aachen has just tied 2-2 the match in spite of Lucy Wicks. Wiesbaden after lost third set with 4 match points to close it, now it is totally out of the match.

• 10. November 2012
    Wiesbaden - Aachen 3:2 (25:17 / 25:11 / 24:26 / 20:25 / 15:11)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2016.pdf
    MVP: Martina Viestova / Karolina Bednarova

Dresden - Münster 3:1 (25:16 / 20:25 / 25:23 / 25:17)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2014.pdf
    MVP: Judith Pietersen / Hana Cutura

VCO Berlin - Hamburg 0:3 (16:25 / 21:25 / 16:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2015.pdf (soon)
    MVP: Carina Aulenbrock / Vendula Merkova

Potsdam - Stuttgart 2:3 (25:9 / 19:25 / 25:22 / 23:25 / 7:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2017.pdf
    MVP: Anika Zülow / Evelyn Delogu

Schwerin - Köpenick 3:0 (25:13 / 25:13 / 25:21)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2013.pdf
    MVP: Denise Hanke / Ilona Dröger

Suhl - Vilsbiburg 0:3 (11:25 / 20:25 / 19:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2018.pdf (soon)
    MVP: Claudia Steger / Cristina Alves

Ranking:
    1 Dresden 4 8 : 0 12 : 2
    2 Schwerin 4 8 : 0 12 : 3
    3 Wiesbaden 5 8 : 2 14 : 7
    4 Stuttgart 4 6 : 2 10 : 5
    5 Münster 5 6 : 4 10 : 6
    6 Köpenick 5 6 : 4 9 : 9
    7 Vilsbiburg 4 4 : 4 7 : 8
    8 Potsdam 5 4 : 6 9 : 9
    9 Aachen 4 2 : 6 7 : 11
    10 Hamburg 5 2 : 8 9 : 12
    11 VCO Berlin 4 0 : 8 0 : 12
    12 Suhl 5 0 : 10 0 : 15

Suhl still hasn't won a single set in league :S Hamburg finally with their first victory, but if they had lost against VCO they might as well have fired the coach and the whole team and simply continued the season with their 2nd team...we will see if this match finally set the players free to play better.
    Lisa Stock started as libero for Dresden, but in the middle of 3rd set she had to give up and Frieda Thieme replaced her.
    And another injured libero: Stuttgart's Evelyn Delogu suffered a knee injury in 4th set and had to be replaced by Silvana Olivera because Stuttgart's 2nd libero Gschwendtner was not with the team at all.
    No big surprises today, I just expected Köpenick to put up a better fight against Schwerin. Unfortunately I could not watch any match today :S

About the Cup DOL, looks like we'll NEVER get a Schwerin-Dresden final match :roll: Aachen and Köpenick who are both very strong at home could achieve a surprise maybe, for sure all four QFs will be really interesting :thumbup:

• Kayla Banwarth is the new libero of Dresden. Last season she played in Schwechat and she is in the extended roster of USA NT, I think she played Panam Cup with them this year but I'm not sure. Very good transfer though :thumbup: It will allow Schoot and Tzscherlich to fully recover from their injuries.

• Stuttgart's libero Evelyn Delogu has a torn ACL from the match in Potsdam :( It's not certain yet if she will have surgery or only rehabilitation treatment, with surgery she'd be out for the rest of the season for sure. Lena Gschwendtner will replace her, she was the libero of 92/93 Junior NT and signed with Stuttgart before the season after playing in VCO Berlin in the last years.

Video of Wiesbaden-Münster from 2 weeks ago:

• 19 year old Brazilian OH/Opp Sthefanie Paulino (ex-Junior NT) will play for Schweriner SC. She is originally Opp but because of injury problems in Schwerin they also let her practice reception and she does quite well there so she can play OH too. Maybe she can make her debut already tomorrow against Stuttgart.
    The club also has a young player from Cameroon in tryout training, she is very athletic and talented and if they sign her they would want to keep her for a few years.

Evelyn Delogu will have surgery on her knee injury and be out the whole season. Her backup Lena Gschwendtner just recovered from an elbow injury, so maybe tomorrow Silvana Olivera will play as libero again. Nadja Schaus also has physical problems again...Stuttgart is considering another transfer under these circumstances.

Tomorrow 19.00 CET live on http://www.dvl-live.tv: Hamburg - Dresden :)