Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2012/13

• In the finals against Eczacibasi Vitra you touched the ball before it was out. The referee didn’t see it and you got the point. Eczacibasi Vitra players complained yet you got the point.

Brakocevic "Yes, I think it was the second match of the finals. The decision of the referee was not right but it is not my job to say that. I play to win."
    source http://tr.eurosport.com/voleyb…am_sto3734599/story.shtml

:|

• I really don't understand what's the fuss about.. What do you expected for her to say? - No I did not touch it when everyone who watched it on screen saw that.. so wouldn't be stupid to say there wasn't a touch? She was honest and IMO it was the only logical answer.

both the answers would be surprising to me.... :gone:

• Everything started with a Tweet of her... and suddenly she was in a very unpleasant situation.

You think so.. People who's been talking about her this twitt for weeks are not realizing you yourselves have been in a very unpleasent stiuation, have become a laughing stock, ridiculing yourselves. I smell a smoke under yous who got a fire.

• Can someone who knows Turkish translate this interview with Bahar :sos: Thanks :thumbsup:
    http://www.voleybolextra.com/6284/hala-mac-oynuyorum/

I know Turkish and English. Here is my translation, free of charge.

- I am beautiful, sexy, have white teeth
    - I am rich
    - I am single (if you don't count my dog friend)
    - I play volleyball very good

Beside these, she says:

- Our historical success this season is due to our heavy work, coach, our winning character, bla bla.
    - We are a strong team and we are happy to show this by winning several cups unbeaten.
    - Coach, Guidetti is great, motivated us well, he always said this year "we became an unbelievable team this year."
    - Can it be said Vakif is a dream team? At the beginning, we didn't prefer to call this, but, after all these achievements, indeed, we can say now we are a dream team.
    - I have been here at Vakif for 6 years. Difference of this year from past 6 years is we had a great harmony this year. For ex, Brako just joined us this year, she got winning character, so is Glinka, and so on. From different countries, Germany, Poland, Japan, Serbia, Turkey, there could be a chaos, but, this chaos was put in the order by staffs, and we played in a great harmony, bla bla.
    - Captain? Gozde? After me who been here for 6 years, Gozde has been the oldest player at Vakif for 13 years. Everybody in the team is replacable, but, not Gozde, she is great captain, an unbelievable character, dynamo of our team.
    - Barbolini and NT? A well known coach, I'll be happy to work with him and believe we'll be successful with him at national games.
    - Best blocker award this season? I was a little surprised while there were Furst, Poljak, but, I am happy about my this success too.
    - Communication with Furst during games? We communicate a lot during games and we help each others a lot.
    - My friends in team in private life? Guldeniz. Also Gizem, Naz is my roommate. However, we all teammaes go to parties alltogether.
    - Nicknames of players?
    Naz: smart as*, wiseacre
    Gizem: Witch
    Gozde: Captain
    Glinka: Grande Maggy
    Guldeniz: Panic attack
    Brakocevic: Angry Bird
    - Rabita Baku? We had expected to play final against Rabita since beginning. Yes, they were physically very strong, Montano was scary. But, we prepared ourselves as team, analysed them well, Guidetti prepared some good tactics, etc etc and we beat them easily.
    - Most impressive player in my sport life? Glinka definitely. Strong, unbelievable hits, etc.
    - My private life? My family and my dog Chucky (Norris?). Plus, reading some books and sometimes movie and concerts.
    - Yes, I extended contract for 2 years more. But, if Fener or Gala makes offer? Vakif is my family, but, I am profe$$ional. So, I can think about their offers later( after 2 years.)
    - Which team I support? (in soccer) - Gala when I am asked, but, not fanatic.

Thanks
    I thank.

PS: tipping box there for 10 lira for my translation. (I can't believe I spent time for this translation.)

• Lets talk about "foreign player limit" here, particularly, in Turkey league.

I often hear complains about this limit, especially by Fener and Gala fans.

Their main claims:

1. (we have much money) We should not be limited to build a power, a world team who can compete and win. It is our money and nobody has any right to limit us.

2. (we are asked to feed NT) We do not care about this, none of our business, none of business of any club.

3. Their examples are Azerbaijan, Germany, etc (but, lets not talk about other countries now as it is irrelevant and bad examples.)

---

Okay, about (2), anyone can agree. Though there is a reality that there are COUNTRIES in the world and in all sports, all federations put their noses in their leagues this way or that way, to support their NTs.

But, what about (1)? Any rich club should be free to do whatever in general, should be free about foreign player number as particular rule?

Maybe, we'll discuss a lot, some pages about this here, but, at the end, I'll say this: Those fans who complain about foreign player limit rule are actually blinds, and/or, they are trying to apply an indirect pressure on clubs like Vakif, Ecz, etc to release their players for free or for very low costs. And, their giving Azerbaijan like countries who are small population and new countries as examples on unlimited foreign player is a total comedy considering that there are tousands of licensed volley-ers in 75 million Turkey. If you are unable to find, raise, pay enough for some of those young talents, do not call yourself rich club.

• Hehe, She said she's beautiful and rich herself? :thumbsup:

Indeed, she is a narcissist. Anyway, Izmir girl, they are like this.

--

Okay.

I had a question in another thread. Now, it is better to ask it here.

Turkish super cup game is played between Turkis league cup winner and Turkish cup winner.
    Since Vakif won the both, we'll play this super cup game ourselves?

• Eczacibasi was the runner-up of Turkish Cup & playoffs. So, Vakıfbank will face Eczacibasi in the Super Cup match 2013/14 at the beginning of the season.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Italy is everywhere! :super: :whistle:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Italy is everywhere! :super: :whistle:

lol. probably, he is in poland only, living there. What? did i say wrong? "he"? well, hers, i meant, her husband who is an italian. He is probably at her home now, not everywhere.
    Ah, language? I'll say this, most spoken word in the world is a Turkish word, you know, yoghurt:), spoken even more than god, allah or whatever.

btw, this Costagrande is italian or argentinian? how do you consider her? okay, she played for italy nt, but, you still consider her as argentinian or not? Is my Vakif transferring an Argentinian or an Italian?

• just a question..
    next year:Vakifbank,Eczacibasi and Galatasaray will play in CL,Fenerbache in Cev Cup and Bursa in challenge,is that right??