France - Ligue A 2012-2013

• Any stats released? I know Marcus Popp is playing in Tours VB this season, but not familiar with any team from France Ligue. :)

• Any stats released? I know Marcus Popp is playing in Tours VB this season, but not familiar with any team from France Ligue. :)

I couldn't find stats. The top French teams have some famous names, so I am sure you will recognize some. Rosters are announced in the website of the league here.

• Thanks for you two guys' help, :drink: getting 25pts in 4 sets can be seen really efficient. I couldn't remember he had this efficiency in Czech NT...

• I'm reading that Paris Volley and Toshko Skrimov are rocking the league!

Is it cause they play vs weaker opponents or they are really playing well?

• Dont know if their opponents were weak, but 4 wins of 4 games is not bad...and Skrimov already has scored 73 points in 14 sets. If they win their next game they'll be 5/5 (4 home games, and just 1 away game). In an interview Skrimov said that he dreams for the title, but the team task is the european cups participation. Wish all the good to Skrimov and Paris Volley

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• I'm reading that Paris Volley and Toshko Skrimov are rocking the league!

Is it cause they play vs weaker opponents or they are really playing well?

More or less both.

Out of Rennes (but Rennes is currently playing awfully with Gontariu completely out of shape who was not even on the game sheet against Nantes), they have only played supposedly weaker opponents.And 3 of these 4 games where in Paris.

Yet the level in French league is so close, that being 4/4 losing only 2 sets is definitely proof they are in good shape. Now the real test will be next week in Nantes, and then against Cannes, Sète, and finally Tours.

If they can win 2 of these 4 upcoming games, that would be quite a good result. And winning 3 or 4 would make them a very serious contender.

• Skrimov picked up injury in last match, dunno how serious is :huh: ton Sunday Mikko Oivanen should have debut in his new club

Skrimov was back in the team today.

Paris lost 1-3 in Sète, the third defeat in a row after Cannes and Nantes.
    Considering Skrimov's and Krolis's injuries, these 3 defeats are not very conclusive in regard of Paris's real level.

My guess is that both Nantes and Sète are slightly better teams. The question for now is whether Oivanen will reach Krolis's former level soon, and eventually top it.

• News from France:

Tours 28
    Sète Arago 25
    Nantes Rézé 21
    Paris 17
    Cannes AS 17
    Ajaccio 16
    Beauvais 16
    Chaumont15
    Narbonne 14
    Rennes EC 12
    Montpellier 11
    Toulouse 7
    Tourcoing 6
    Avignon 5

Tours still undefeated will have to confirm his leadership in the next 3 rounds against Nantes, Cannes and Sète.

Sète
    registered a clean 3-0 victory in Nantes yesterday, and remain the only team seemingly able to cope pace with Tours.

Despite the defeat in Sète, and the tough games in Tours next week, Nantes, is definitely the main contender beside the 2 IECL teams, after victories in Cannes last week.

After their good start, Paris had a tough time, facing the best teams of the championship and dealing with the injury of Krolis. After 4 defeats in a row aginst Nantes,Cannes, Sète and Tours, Paris was again victorious against the weaker Avignon, and defeated Beauvais with a 3-2 home victory yesterday, thanks to 35 (including 5 aces) points from Oivanen.

Other things to mention:

- Rennes is currently strugling and appears unable to find a proper pace in this championship. Boris Grebennikov tried some changes against Ajaccio (benching all his OH and replacing them with libero and backup opp !)

- The historical team of Tourcoing (about 10 times cup or championship runner-up in the past 15 years) is in deep trouble with a weak team.

- newcomer Chaumont is dong pretty well and is currently a good chance of play-off.

• Any links for stats? :)

• French cup Final: another victory for Tours !
    This is the 7th win in 11 years for Tours.

Tours VB / Spacer's Toulouse : 3-1 (29/27, 25/22, 20/25, 25/22)

David Konecny had 36 points (32/42 spiking), including 15 points in the 4th set only, with an insane finish (starting at 1h56').
    Toulouse played great, especially with 20 years old Thibault Rossard scoring about 90% of his spikes !

• 1/4 final results:

Tours (2) - Rennes (1)

2-3 (16 - 25 / 22 - 25 / 25 - 22 / 25 - 13 / 15 - 9)
    3-0 (25-18 / 25-22 / 25-18 )
    3-0 (25-16 / 25-22 / 25-20)

Sète (0) - Cannes (2)

0-3 (21 - 25 / 24 - 26 / 26 - 28 )
    1-3 (25-27 / 25-19 / 25-27 / 21-25)

Nantes (1) - Paris (2)

0-3(21-25 / 18-25 / 19-25)
    3-1 (25-19 / 26-24 / 22-25 / 25-23)
    0-3 (16-25 / 20-25 / 23-25)

Chaumont (0) - Narbonne (2)

1-3 (27-29 / 25-19 / 23-25 / 20-25)
    2-3 (23-25 / 25-19 / 20-25 / 25-22 / 13-15)

Many surprises with the teams ranked 2 to 4 kicked out of the play-off !
    The formula with the first game played at the last ranked team resulted in every single favorite (including Tours) defeated in away game Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Sète (against Cannes) and Chaumont (against Narbonne) were not able to overcome the pressure at home yesterday, and lost. Nantes however was able to win Friday, but sank against Paris yesterday.

Tours was the only team able to control its challenger at home with 2 straight set victories. Oliver Venno got a sprained ankle in 2nd set Saturday and that made it almost impossible for Rennes today.

1/2 final schedule

Tours - Narbonne (04-13 & 04-14 in Tours, 04-19 & 04-20* in Narbonne , 04-23* in Tours)
    Paris - Cannes ((04-13 & 04-14 in Paris, 04-19 & 04-20* in Cannes , 04-23* in Paris)

* if needed