2012 Top Volley International - Switzerland

• I'm here so the awards (for ALL the tournament)
    Best setter : Antonijevic (Cannes) Léo ?
    Best Libero : Yuko Sano (Galatasaray)

MVP : Fabiana Claudino (Sesi Sao Paulo)

I was right for Sano and Claudino

Fabiana did great overall..but so did Mihajlovic, and since Cannes was the champion..I think the award should have go for her...but whatever.. :drink:

I guess now is Happy New Year everyone! ;)

• So it's deserved for Sano who made some incredible saves ! Very precious player for Galatasaray.
    But I found Chiara Arcangeli good too !
    Of course I prefered Cardu from far and even Sano, but ...

• Uhmm seeems Fabi got what she deserved ha ? :lol:

Just to precize : Sesi Sao Paulo - Galatasaray
    Fabiana was 22/33 in attacks + 1 ace + 1 blocks
    24 points - 2 erros in attacks and 2 errors serve ===> 20 points
    vs Gioli : 8/23, 2 blocks and 1 error serve !

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• Those are individual awards nothing to do with team performance we saw another example in London either

I know..but what I was saying is I think Mihajlovic did as good as Fabiana in the tournament. ;) so, If the award should go to one of them..I think would be natural to go for the one who won..there is all. ;) At the Olympic Games...Kim was by far the best player of it. ;)

• I know..but what I was saying is I think Mihajlovic did as good as Fabiana in the tournament. ;) so, If the award should go to one of them..I think would be natural to go for the one who won..there is all. ;) At the Olympic Games...Kim was by far the best player of it. ;)

Mihajlovic is promising player no doubt about that her performance is constantly rising great find by Cannes

• I think Rasic is as good MB as Fabiana, both are in the top MB of current volleyball IMO...together with Poljak, Fürst and some others.

i think you forgot to include thaisa menesez :thumbsup:

• just to change things up a bit i think the more important question i how reliable is this tournament as a gauge of how teams will perform in their respective domestic leagues and also in the cl?

regarding gs i think one of their problems is blocking especially in the match against sesi when fabiana feasted on them causing them to rely on floor defense but if sano is not in the rotation that fd becomes weak as well.

• Totally agree with you about that ;)
    For today, I haven't the stats but Rasic and Ravva scored more than Fabiana. So we can think that Fabiana was more embarrassed against Cannes than against the previous opponents

Actually I'm more with Matthias said. Cannes served very well and Sesi got a lot of trouble receiving and even when they had the chance Dani Lins was setting more balls to Tandara, Elisangela and Sassa. It doesn't change the fact Fabiana didn't play as good as yesterday but anyway she can't score if her setter won't set balls to her :whistling:

• just to change things up a bit i think the more important question i how reliable is this tournament as a gauge of how teams will perform in their respective domestic leagues and also in the cl?

regarding gs i think one of their problems is blocking especially in the match against sesi when fabiana feasted on them causing them to rely on floor defense but if sano is not in the rotation that fd becomes weak as well.

i believe with this kind of performance Cannes will be in f4. both mihajlovic and kozlova stepped in and that improved their play very much. you can't rely on ravva all the time and i think they finaly understood that

• i believe with this kind of performance Cannes will be in f4. both mihajlovic and kozlova stepped in and that improved their play very much. you can't rely on ravva all the time and i think they finaly understood that

what about rabita? :lol:

• Actually I'm more with Matthias said. Cannes served very well and Sesi got a lot of trouble receiving and even when they had the chance Dani Lins was setting more balls to Tandara, Elisangela and Sassa. It doesn't change the fact Fabiana didn't play as good as yesterday but anyway she can't score if her setter won't set balls to her :whistling:

Matthias is right. For different reasons (services, receptions, choices of Dani and Anja) the main battle of this game has not been led by the MBs.For Cannes Brankica and Nadia have been wonderful :cheesy:
    I just suggested Ravva and Rasic were not ridiculous against Fabiana who is, everybody saw her during London OG, a very top player :cheesy:
    The 4 MBs were around 50% in this game. Fabiana made 2 blocks, Ravva 6.
    That's all ! :thumbup:

• Wow, this set score must be a record, right :what:

I hope Cannes can make to the Final four, I think they and Uralochka were the ones who deserve to be in Top 4 :whistle: Gs has very very good individuals but as a team formation it might be worse one :wall: Although Calderon is a way better attarcker, for Gs team roster Saori would be a better option than Calderon. In order to keep Calderon in the field as OH, Neriman is not a good choice, neither Selime nor Molnar has fantastic reception skills. GS should bring Esra or Gözde if they want to keep Calderon and Neriman in their roster for next season :roll:

P.S: Although Carillo seems doing great job, I wish I can watch her as MB again. I am pretty sure as MB she can stop any MBs in the world including Fabiana and Rasiç :rose:

• Difficult to say what it will happen in CL :white:
    Last year Rabita Baku won twice vs Cannes in Basel. Rabita was probably one of the top 3 European teams. But injuries ;(
    This year Rabita changes a lot. Maybe it looks still a better team than past year.
    So if Cannes passes, it would be a huge performance.
    Cannes 25 % Baku 75 %
    or something like that :roll:

• Congrats.Cannes. Cannes did what GsD wasnt able to do..served well and didnt let Sesi use Fabiana .the player who entered the court to serve did a key job as well.Mihaylovic played well.Sesi needs at least one more reliable attacker other than Tandara .
    Happy New Year to all! :drink:

• It will be very difficult to pass Rabita especialy with second game in rabita's hall.

i agree.If Cannes were going to play second match at home they would be able to pass now Rabita is likely to advance due to home-court adv. but it wont be easy for both teams.