European League 2013

• I gave the question thanks to Your previous post about Germany because when I looked here http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…249&PID=1256&type=LegList Izquierdo is on list.

So what is lesson to You after the situation? Georg Christoph Lichtenberg will give You lesson and is saying- Smartness is one of the most despicable type of stupidity :whistle:

Obviously you never learned that lesson. Final rosters are posted about 24 hours before a match on CEV site, so Izquierdo will disappear from the roster very soon.

• You know I've thought about this once.. now I see it too.. Corina one of the best if not the best MB who can set.. She's not just not making any double touches but she is setting a very clean and most of all hittable ball.. you know like the ones the setter does.. Can you think of any other good setting MB?

Thaisa ^^

• Obviously you never learned that lesson. Final rosters are posted about 24 hours before a match on CEV site, so Izquierdo will disappear from the roster very soon.

You , with My ' weapon ' in Your hands, look as ' a drowning man will clutch at a straw ' :lol:

By the way You gave Me link with not 100% sure roster so You wanted to do Me not as You wrote in bold...

• Bulgaria, Belgium and Germany are qualified for F4. The last spot will be decided between Romania and Turkey. As for F4, there will be a drawing of lots for the semifinals on Monday, the 1st ranked teams of each pool will be drawn against a 2nd ranked team, so it's possible that two teams from the same pool meet again in semifinal.

• Romania won the "quarterfinal" against Turkey 3:2, so now they have the best chances to qualify for F4. Only if Romania lose against Hungary and Turkey beats Bulgaria, Turkey can still take 2nd place.

Germany lose 2:3 against Serbia, so there's no more chance to take the 1st place in the group.

EDIT Stats: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=25359

Germany with backup team Weiss - Kozuch, Geerties - Hippe, Ssuschke - Brandt, Thomsen, so not a big surprise that we lost.

• Blagojevic received 41 balls but no error :white: she's a very good receiver!

Sassi Hippe played as OH...maybe Guidetti is testing her again?

• Blagojevic received 41 balls but no error :white: she's a very good receiver!

Sassi Hippe played as OH...maybe Guidetti is testing her again?

And most surprisingly, she was our best (or should I say "least bad"?) receiver...though of course receiving 14 balls compared to Geerties' 44 is easier. Serve-reception obviously made the difference in this match.

• And most surprisingly, she was our best (or should I say "least bad"?) receiver...though of course receiving 14 balls compared to Geerties' 44 is easier. Serve-reception obviously made the difference in this match.

Alright, It's European-League, so everything's possible. I think it's great to give a test...she was tested as OH, but most of the times she wasn't so good...

• Alright, It's European-League, so everything's possible. I think it's great to give a test...she was tested as OH, but most of the times she wasn't so good...

She is originally OH ;) Guidetti turned her into Opp in 2008 and ever since then she played that position most of the time. Overall, her performances this summer have been a lot better than in the last years, I hope she keeps this up :thumbup:

• She is originally OH ;) Guidetti turned her into Opp in 2008 and ever since then she played that position most of the time. Overall, her performances this summer have been a lot better than in the last years, I hope she keeps this up :thumbup:

I think she will :rose: But, she's kind of a player who performs miles better as a starter. As long as there's Kozuch who's supposed to be playing starter I don't expect her to play super well only in some limited time (double substitution)

• She is originally OH ;) Guidetti turned her into Opp in 2008 and ever since then she played that position most of the time. Overall, her performances this summer have been a lot better than in the last years, I hope she keeps this up :thumbup:

I agree Guidetti to turn Hippe as OH again since our so-called OHs are very weak :thumbup: :thumbup:
    lets see whether Guidetti will dare to try Hippe - Brinker - Kozuch as starting six together :D :D

• Guidetti said about today's match that he was satisfied with the young OHs, even though they had problems in reception they did a good job in attack. On the other hand he was not satisfied with the performance of some of the older players, he expected more from them. Kozuch said she isn't satisfied with her own play and today's match showed once again how important it is to play many matches this summer to gain experience and find solutions for ECH.

• i like the idea of guidetti about trying hippe as OH cause she must be on the court and when kozuch plays for NT its so hard to keep her in bench.No matter she is strong or not she is useful for the team and its enough.So that might be better for hippe and germany playing on OH position.

And one more thing for izquierdo,she is really powerful compare german players but her reception is not good so i hope guidetti will try her as opposite.Im sure she will be so useful when kozuch doesnt play effectively :thumbup:

• Romania had a harder time than expected against Hungary but won 3:2 eventually and thus is the last team for F4. In semifinals, Bulgaria and Belgium will each meet one of the 2nd ranked teams Romania and Germany, it will be decided on Monday by DOL.