2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• Does she play MB, right? Well, then I hope it will be Golubovic to sit on bench.. Ninkovic is young and needs to play as much as possibile! I'm not sure about Volero setter's level, but yeah the offensive power of this roster looks really impressive..

Well with her Volero has 4 very good MB.. [size=small]Onyejekwe and Simon which are very good from zone 3.. and then Ninkovic and Golubovic who are good slide attackers. So I think maybe Simon can play as OPP since we know how all Cubans are universal and they have that Ukranian OPP.. [/size]

• Apparently Schweriner SC did not sign Bulgarian MB Mira Todorova (yet?) and now Slovak MB Veronika Hroncekova (ex Prostejov) is playing a tournament in Istanbul with them...
    Still no info about the reason for Anja Brandt's current absence...

• Anna Kudakova MB (AZE) and Colleen Ward OH (USA) will play in PGNiG Nafta Piła.

• Hofland Sportmanagement just confirmed it on their facebook.

I thought she would have a maternity break for next season? ?(

• Nikolina Kovacic will play in Rota Koleji a team from second league in Turkey

• I thought she would have a maternity break for next season? ?(

She has been considering it but at the same time she was open for new offers. But I remember reading that Ravva is out only 6 weeks (but this still means she'll miss the first rounds of CL), so maybe Ssuschke doesn't play the whole season in Cannes?

EDIT: According to this article, she has a contract until the end of December, which suits her "personal plans". So probably she'll take the break after earning 3 months of good money in Cannes...

• She has been considering it but at the same time she was open for new offers. But I remember reading that Ravva is out only 6 weeks (but this still means she'll miss the first rounds of CL), so maybe Ssuschke doesn't play the whole season in Cannes?

EDIT: According to this article, she has a contract until the end of December, which suits her "personal plans". So probably she'll take the break after earning 3 months of good money in Cannes...

First matches are against Schweriner and Prostejov. I think Aelbrecht would be enough to beat those. The only real challenge for Cannes will be Eczacıbaşı matches which is on 28 November :whistle:

• I think Aelbrecht is better than Ssuschke anyway these days, I suppose they signed her only as backup in case something happens to the remaining MBs as long as Ravva is injured.

I wanted to say the same thing... I also agree on Aelbrecht being better than Ssuschke at the moment. It was time she started playing in the starting 6, because she certainly has the quality

• Kanari Hamaguchi (L, 1985) retired. She spent her whole career in Toray Arrows and she was NT player from 2009 to 2012. She was very good player.

I just notice she retired by writing the posts of the V.Premier League 2013-2014.

Toray Arrows lost for different reasons Kimura in 2012, Hamaguchi and Araki in 2013. Their best players right now are Hitomi Nakimichi and Saori Sakoda. I think they're not enough even to try to be into play-offs. They still haven't found a foreign player and problably they won't. BTW with Hisamitsu Springs with half on the NT players there's no way to compete for the title for the other teams.

• Kanari Hamaguchi (L, 1985) retired. She spent her whole career in Toray Arrows and she was NT player from 2009 to 2012. She was very good player.

I just notice she retired by writing the posts of the V.Premier League 2013-2014.

Toray Arrows lost for different reasons Kimura in 2012, Hamaguchi and Araki in 2013. Their best players right now are Hitomi Nakimichi and Saori Sakoda. I think they're not enough even to try to be into play-offs. They still haven't found a foreign player and problably they won't. BTW with Hisamitsu Springs with half on the NT players there's no way to compete for the title for the other teams.

Pity, now Toray is even more weakened, after Araki's break. Looking into rosters I noticed that Sachiko Sugiyama also retired ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Looking into rosters I noticed that Sachiko Sugiyama also retired ;(

Yes, she retired too. :(

She spent her whole career in NEC Red Rockets. Last season she got a special award for her career at the end of V.Premier League and she played her last game at the Kurowashiki Tournament, where she was awarded as best fighting spirit and she was selected as one of the 2 MB into the best six. :obey:

• Any idea about why there are many young retirements (under 30 is young for retiring) in Japan? Is it anything cultural?