2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• Beating Vakif in league equals to Cl championship imho so nothing lost if they participate to Cev cup

Just with an addition of Garay, Fener can beat Vakif? Keep dreaming :lol

Btw, my guess is that Kim will leave Fener (likely for Ecz) and this Garay transfer is just to calm Fener fans down before they hear Kim's leave.

• Sad we wont see Garay playing Champions League next season.

I think Azeri federation should work their league, so it becomes more atractive to players to go there. Right now many of them complain a lot about lack of medical staff and how the league is done..and so on..and I guess that somehow makes some players think twice over accepting propositions from good clubs such as Rabita and Azerrail...just cause of the bad fame azeri league has between players.

Anyway, definetly a big signing for Fenerbahçe..maybe they consider qualifying and keeping Garay for another season so she can playing CL?

• Great transfer by Fenerbahce! Kim and Garay as OHs is a very strong duo! :super:
    Now, they need a great OPP like Montaño or Hooker. Next season, with a healthy Eda, Fenerbahce will fight against Vakif and Eczaci for the titile in Turkish League. By the way, last season GS was in the fourth place in Turkey and CEV gave them a wild card. Do you think this could happen with Fb this time?

No, this isn't possible. unless 4 teams from Turkey are allowed in CL.
    There is no wild card for Turkey this year and 3 teams are already fixed. Beside Vakif and Ecz, 3rd in standing, that's, GS.

• Last year Kim, this year Garay. It is weird that FB somehow manage to sign with the 'hottest topic' players who were badly wanted by any top club :whistle:

This is a really great OH duo. however I don't get the logic of taking Glass instead of keeping Berg :S As far as I know Berg is Abondanza's favourite as well, maybe Berg would give another break next year :roll:

• i think there is no need for fb fans to celebrate yet there are still issues if kim will stay or not

• Just with an addition of Garay, Fener can beat Vakif? Keep dreaming :lol

Btw, my guess is that Kim will leave Fener (likely for Ecz) and this Garay transfer is just to calm Fener fans down before they hear Kim's leave.

Vakıfbank will play without their real leader Glinka next season so i don't think they will be unbeatable like this season.Maggie was their spirit on field,even she doesn't score her existence was giving confidence to other players.Neither Costagrande nor Nikolic is capable to do Glinka's job on field.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Just with an addition of Garay, Fener can beat Vakif? Keep dreaming :lol

Garay will eat "your gozde" at breakfast :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :woohoo:

• It is not my comment Jose DAMN :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Vakıfbank will play without their real leader Glinka next season so i don't think they will be unbeatable like this season.Maggie was their spirit on field,even she doesn't score her existence was giving confidence to other players.Neither Costagrande nor Nikolic is capable to do Glinka's job on field.

Nikolic won't return fully, she needs more time to recover to be able to play in faster Vakif next season.
    Costagrande is just a false rumor, imo.
    Saori will likely continue (to make Vakif play more team game.)
    Glinka will be a loss, but, she is old already and her contribution this year was not so much. So, not a real loss.
    Also, Polen and Saori will make the team much better than this year. Just worrying about Brako's performance which is sometimes inconsistent.

• No, this isn't possible. unless 4 teams from Turkey are allowed in CL.
    There is no wild card for Turkey this year and 3 teams are already fixed. Beside Vakif and Ecz, 3rd in standing, that's, GS.

Thanks! :D

• Nikolic won't return fully, she needs more time to recover to be able to play in faster Vakif next season.
    Costagrande is just a false rumor, imo.
    Saori will likely continue (to make Vakif play more team game.)
    Glinka will be a loss, but, she is old already and her contribution this year was not so much. So, not a real loss.
    Also, Polen and Saori will make the team much better than this year. Just worrying about Brako's performance which is sometimes inconsistent.

Why would Vakifbank play "faster" or "more team game" when they win everything the way they play now?

If I were them, I would absolutely NOT keep Saori! If Glinka leaves, let Costagrande play in her place, it won't make much difference. Both are not as great as they used to be but will get the job done with Gözde and Brakocevic by her side...

• Sad we wont see Garay playing Champions League next season.

I think Azeri federation should work their league, so it becomes more atractive to players to go there. Right now many of them complain a lot about lack of medical staff and how the league is done..and so on..and I guess that somehow makes some players think twice over accepting propositions from good clubs such as Rabita and Azerrail...just cause of the bad fame azeri league has between players.

Anyway, definetly a big signing for Fenerbahçe..maybe they consider qualifying and keeping Garay for another season so she can playing CL?

I totally agree with you. Azeri Federation shoul develop his own structures. Such a strong league can't still be without an officiale web site working well. I don't understand why they use to hide their league to people abroad. We are all intrested in their league, they should built an official web site with match info, players info, club info... it is all a mistery with them. And should even take new rules, because it is not so good to sign always new players and send the useless one like Itgisadchi did in the 2 last years. We really like their league and we want the best volleyball. As a player I woulden't never go to Azerbaigian at the moment, because there is always nothing certain. We even don't know if there's a professional male league.

Fernanda in Fenerbahce surprised me a lot. I was expecting her to sign with Dinamo Kazan, so I guess their big star coming may be Logan Tom or Jaqueline (Murilo in Zenit and Jaque in Dinamo doesn't sound so impossibile at the moment, because she is gonna follow her husband and he's not yet confirmed in Sesi)...

• agree vakifbank is already playing team game so how more "team game" can they be? plus they have become undefeated with saori as a disappointment so there is no need for her to stay

• Garay is an amazing player, that had a fantastic year....BUT, I would still keep my exciting down of how she will play if I were Fener fans. Lets be honest, here she never faced teams like VAkifbank and Eczacibasi...they have strong blocks, and the season in Europe is more tiring than here over all, less trainings..so....dont know...maybe she will do another fantanstic year...it will be interesting to see.

• Great transfer for Fenerbahce :obey: :flower:

Garay is in my opinion one of the most complete OHs (attack + reception) worldwide :teach: She impressed me a lot during the Olympics.

Fe Garay + Kim + Montano would ROCK Turkish League of course :P :P :P If Fener could manage this, they will be a huge threat for Vakifbank :super: :super: :super:

• Great transfer for Fenerbahce :obey: :flower:
    Garay is in my opinion one of the most complete OHs (attack + reception) worldwide :teach: She impressed me a lot during the Olympics.
    Fe Garay + Kim + Montano would ROCK Turkish League of course :P :P :P If Fener could manage this, they will be a huge threat for Vakifbank :super: :super: :super:

Montano will play in Fenerbahche? :down: :what: or it's your dream? 8| ( Nu Mantano pojalusta, ostavaytes s nami ) :read:

• Montano will play in Fenerbahche? :down: :what: or it's your dream? 8| ( Nu Mantano pojalusta, ostavaytes s nami ) :read:

I only replied to the rumour, posted above :)