• i agree with usfan here you need perfect reception for this style to work and from what i saw it wasn't even ok lol One thing really suprised me was Larsons bad connection with Glass. i thought she could fit perfectly to this new style, but whatever maybe not much playing together or playing totally oposite style in her own team did that who knows

• Rather than general comments, will you suggest what you would do differently as coach?

First of all I would let players play their own style. For example Fawcett is uselles with crazy fast sets, but she can kill it all with soft sets.

I would work on reception skill of the team and block-defence, who was the main power of 2008-2012 USA team, that now looks disappared.

And then I'd try new girls with better reception skill as OH: Gina Mancuso, Falyn Fonomoana, Kanani Danielson... Without Logan this team is not balanced in both reception and digg.

• Do you think Fawcett should be the main opposite of USA team?

Of course I don't. I just say she is one of the useless players we have untill Kiraly wants to play like a male team.

Our opposite is Destinee Hooker. When D. will be back, Murphy will be her back up.

We talk of USA's offense as 'new' but is it really new to the team? I remember USA with Berg also playing very fast. Is this a much different strategy from that?

I would say it's new to this team although the idea of a fast tempo offense (even a super fast tempo) isn't new to the program. I don't know if many will remember but last quadrennial, USA was already trying to get Glass to run something similar. I remember fans complained about how fast USA was trying to play then, too. In 2010-2012, Berg emerged as the starting setter and USA's offense developed into the speed they were comfortable with.

Men's and women's serve efficiency: Karch Kiraly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-gAi3KJLOY

A good jumpfloat serve in a women's net is indeed a bitch to pass. It also takes less physicality from a player to be effective, so less wear and tear on players' bodies.

• Of course I don't. I just say she is one of the useless players we have untill Kiraly wants to play like a male team.

Our opposite is Destinee Hooker. When D. will be back, Murphy will be her back up.

As a coach, what will motivate you to slow down the team's offense to accommodate a player that you don't think will be on your lineup anyway in the next year/s?

• I would say it's new to this team although the idea of a fast tempo offense (even a super fast tempo) isn't new to the program. I don't know if many will remember but in 2009, USA was already trying to get Glass to run something similar. I remember fans complained about how fast USA was trying to play then, too.

I will have to rewatch USA's matches from last quad. Were the complaints about the speed of the offense or about Glass specifically?

In 2010-2012, Berg emerged as the starting setter and USA's offense developed into the speed they were comfortable with.

Would their offense have been different with Glass as main setter?

I will have to rewatch USA's matches from last quad. Were the complaints about the speed of the offense or about Glass specifically?

I remember it as a mixed bag. This is one of those situations where the USA setter is an extension of the coach's mind on offense so criticisms are reflected both on system and setter.

I think Glass is a good setter who was asked to run a very fast offense while not having consistent reception. When the reception improved (mid-2010), so did her performance. Ofcourse by then Berg had also returned to the gym and was competing for setter.

Would their offense have been different with Glass as main setter?

It's hard to say there would NOT have been a difference because any offense relies on setter skill, and even more heavily to run one this fast.

I thought there were a few things USA did in general that were influenced by having Berg as setter (e.x. passing a little off the net to protect shorter setter from overpass, OH stepping in to help set the 2nd ball on scramble plays, left side blocker moving right to block middle as Berg moved back to dig tip, etc.). So I can see USA's overall game evolving different with Glass more on the court, although it probably would not have been significantly different on offense, given the same set of receivers and hitters.

• And the experts trying to brainstorm the best strategy on how to make usa win the gold

Personally I think glass should have another setter as a substitute cause she might be a good fit for foluke and shook but her and Larsson are like oil and water

• Nice interview with Lo.. I miss her so much. Someone said she was ready to move on from volleyball, I hope she is not.. not only she is needed in USA NT she is one of the best players the volley world has ever had so I hope we'll see some more action from her for at least some years

• I think the whole process up to its resolution was handled maturely by Alix and I'm glad to hear the sentence was reduced since the doping was established to be inadvertent and clearly not with the intent to gain competitive advantage.

Klineman's mom had mistakenly put her own DHEA supplements in Alix's vitamin organizer when Alix stayed in her parent's house after getting home from Europe.

Evidently, these DHEA supplements were unmarked, small round white tablets which looked nearly identical to Alix's iron pills that she was taking to correct an iron deficiency as recommended by USAV, so Alix did not notice anything unusual or know that her mom had mixed up their pills.

Supporting documents and testimonies by Alix, her parents and USA's coach Karch Kiraly in behalf of Alix were all accepted by USADA and AAA as credible and they found that there was:
    1) no intention to dope,
    2) no intention to gain competitive advantage,
    3) no competitive advantage was gained,
    4) player diligently took reasonable precautions to avoid ingesting prohibited substances

and therefore there was No Significant Fault/No Significant Negligence, thus the reduction of penalty from 2 years to 13 months.

And because Alix did everything humanly possible to cooperate with USADA and provide all information required, her ineligibility has been deemed to start as as of last May.

Honest mistakes do happen, and hopefully this case encourages young athletes to double check/triple check anything they may be taking.

Hopefully, Alix stays healthy and fit and is soon back on the volleyball court where she belongs :)

• i find it funny that even pro usa athletes diss real food for the garbage of fast food i m not a expert on polish cousine but it is certainly better then the crap they serve in mcdonalds or burger king americans have the poorest of tastes when it comes to food and drinks period and their cousine is one of the worst in the world along with english cousine