2013 Yeltsin Cup - Russia - 25/06

• Pasynkova wearing 5, Obmochaeva 8 and Chaplina 11. It seems very interesting to me. these numbers were used by Sokolova, Artamonova and Gamova in Russian NT, and these three young girls are playing well :roll:

• I wanna see Malykh play in the 3rd.

• Vargas as OH in 3rd set :what: :white:

What :what: it's the first time I've seen Vargas as OH, I couldn't see first two sets, so Rodriguez must have been terrible :aww:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Pasynkova wearing 5, Obmochaeva 8 and Chaplina 11. It seems very interesting to me. these numbers were used by Sokolova, Artamonova and Gamova in Russian NT, and these three young girls are playing well :roll:

Pankova should be wearing 7 like Kirillova, she's the most unusual setter Russia has had since her!

kondzio, yes Rodriguez was quite bad :S

• No. 13 from Dominican Republic isn't Rondon, it's Marifranchi Rodriguez ^^

• That's it. Russia without difficulties in Final vs. Italy. Dominican Republic in next matches is playing worse and worse. I wonder how they'll play with Cuba, it can be chaos at both sides.

• Individually, none of Russia's attackers (maybe except Obmochaeva) is even close to the level that Gamova, Sokolova and Artamonova had in the past, but it is very interesting how they make up for that with a much better team effort and a great and especially quick attack organization by Pankova :super: Their play looks so non-Russian nowadays, and it is so obvious that Marichev is doing a very good job with the team :thumbup:

• Russia - Dominican Republic - stats
    Russia was better in all elements. Good game by all russian wing-spikers. Obmochaeva 18, Pasynkova 13, Chaplina 11. In Dominican Republic only Mambru 10 points, Peńa received 58 :!: balls :what: in 3 sets, it's 19 more balls than all players from Russia.

• Individually, none of Russia's attackers (maybe except Obmochaeva) is even close to the level that Gamova, Sokolova and Artamonova had in the past, but it is very interesting how they make up for that with a much better team effort and a great and especially quick attack organization by Pankova :super: Their play looks so non-Russian nowadays, and it is so obvious that Marichev is doing a very good job with the team :thumbup:

Pankova has looked good this summer and I hadn't heard much about her. Where will she play next season?

• I never knew she was this good either, or maybe it's just because I don't usually follow to Russian league and her team has not been playing in CL. In my opinion, she's playing better than any other russian setters. It would have been better with Akulova as 2nd setter in the team though. I don't want Matienko, she's old and just bad...

WCH 2006 - Akulova, Sheshenina
    ECH 2007 - Akulova sisters
    OLYMPIC GAMES 2008 - Sheshenina, Akulova
    ECH 2009 - Sheshenina, Zhadan
    WCH 2010 - Startseva, Ulyakina
    ECH 2011 - Startseva, Ulyakina
    OLYMPIC GAMES 2012 - Startseva, Matienko

this year it might be Pankova and Salina ;)