2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• my candidates:

Omichka - Imoco.........> Omichka
    EcV - Atom Sopot.........> Eczacı Vitra.............>> Omicka- Eczacı Vitra.............>Eczacı Vitra

Galatsasaray Daikin - Rc Cannes....>
    VakıfBank - İgdisatchi Baku...>VakıfBank...>> Galatasaray Daikin/RC Cannes - VakıfBank..> VakıfBank

Dinamo Kazan - Dinamo Moskow.....> Dinamo Kazan
    Piacenza -Volero Zurich......> Piacenza.......>> Dinamo Kazan - Piacenza .....> Dinamo Kazan

F4 : Rabıta Baku,Dinamo Kazan,Eczacı Vitra,Vakıfbank

• Good thing if ecz goes to the semis, that way I won't see ecz supporters saying words like "well our team is truly one of the best if only we didn't face vakif in the quarterfinals we could have gotten more champions league bronze medals, we're not like those teams (villa Cortese, yamamay) who face weak ass opponents which is the reason why they qualify to the final 4"

And if ecz fans tell you that it is not true the they are lying these words are exactly what they are thinking evry year :lol: :thumbs up:

• Well Ending 2nd of their group it was sure that cannes would have to face a BIG TEAM. But I guess they didn't get one of the strongest big team. They have more chance with gala than kazan, vakif or omichka.
    The only thing that worries me is that they will have to stop Montaño and I don't see anyone in the team exemptes Rasic being able to do that on bloc. I hope that Fang will adapt his défense system (maybe with the libero defending Montaño' spike on position 1).

For the other match I guess we won't see big surprises.

• Galatasaray's path is the most interesting one to F4. First against Cannes, then probably against Vakıfbank. Both games are open ended, it's difficult to estimate anything yet. First of all with Saori, Veljkovic and Montano, Galatasaray has good alternatives of attack. Neriman has been bad in attacking recently but if she starts playing as usual, Galatasaray won't have troubles against Cannes. From Cannes perspective, if they serve good, they might win - as far as I remember, they miss a lot of serves?

Vakıfbank is still really strong. Gözde is performing quite bad recently. They have troubles in attacking and Brakocevic is not unstoppable anymore because they don't have a potential killer like Glinka. On the other hand they do really great work in defense, especially Costagrande. Galatasaray might beat them 3-2 in one of the games but I guess Vakıfbank will be the one qualifying anyway.

• Brakocevic and costagrande are fine it is furst and gozde who are playing well below their performance last season.

For Gs it mostly depends on saori I'm not so much wondering about,Montano et al.

• Galatasaray is too weak to FF. They have poor reception, average attack from wings by Saori and Ozsoy and they have only one good MB - Veljkovic. Too many weaknesses to eliminate Vakifbank :huh:

• Galatasaray is too weak to FF. They have poor reception, average attack from wings by Saori and Ozsoy and they have only one good MB - Veljkovic. Too many weaknesses to eliminate Vakifbank :huh:

Well Vakıfbank is not that different at the moment. They have only one good MB - Fürst and their wing attacks are bad as well. Gözde is performing bad, Costagrande is not as good as Glinka in attacking and Brakocevic is not the same this year either. However I agree that Vakıfbank's reception is much better and they have better servers. I'm sure Vakıfbank will qualify to FF but it's because they play more like a team since they have been together for a long time.

• I'm very confident Piacenza will beat Volero.

In F6 they will probably meet Kazan....I think it is 40%-60% in favour of Kazan. Piacenza should play smart, not try to hit over the Russian wall :P

at the moment it is but it think Özsoy will rise up her level at attacking...with Dobriana's return..for Saori....yes she is not that short but she has been used to fast sets so far and at the moment Leo is using her just like Neriman with high balls..i cant see any difference btw the sets going to Neriman and Saori..

• in my opinion Piacenza can beat Kazan , a nd it`s 50-50% chance for both teams , :thumbsup:

• I'm very confident Piacenza will beat Volero.

In F6 they will probably meet Kazan....I think it is 40%-60% in favour of Kazan. Piacenza should play smart, not try to hit over the Russian wall :P

I don't think Kazan has a wall.. their players are for sure taller than Piacenza's but IMO the only good blocker's are Gamova and Larson.. neither Borodakova nor Moroz are great MB and Startseva is not Naz in terms of blocking.. (although I can;t think of a setter who is a better blocker than Naz)
    So I donn't think Russian block will be a problem..

• I don't think Kazan has a wall.. their players are for sure taller than Piacenza's but IMO the only good blocker's are Gamova and Larson.. neither Borodakova nor Moroz are great MB and Startseva is not Naz in terms of blocking.. (although I can;t think of a setter who is a better blocker than Naz)
    So I donn't think Russian block will be a problem..

Bordokova is a good blocker.. i dont know about Moroz

• You write only about Kazan, but Dinamo Moscow can elimate Gamova's team. Last match between these teams was great! In last years every time Kazan was clearly better than other russian teams, but now Moscow have roster, who can play in the same level or higher. Obmochaeva is self-confident after great season in NT. Marchenko played really nice. If Kosheleva improve her game - they can advance. :win:

It's the most interesting matches in playoffs 12 - highest level :box:

• If i look at it raw then kazan has a 55-45 winning chance but that is only because moroz and borodakova are playing decent so far plus larsson is in a betterr attacking mode, once some of these things regress then it the odds will go back to 50-50 :lol: