Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• I'm sorry to hear about Szabó. I didn't watch the game, but this season is just a huge trainwreck for Trento. I wonder what they're going to do in the next games regarding the opposite position.

• After departure of their stars, Serniotti created a good,young and very competitive team. I think Trentino overachieved at the beginning of the season but in the last two weeks their good season is all destroyed.
    They lost Szabo(operated because of achilles tendon rupture).Sokolov will be out at least four more weeks. Birarelli is also injured.
    Right now they have no chance in Champions league and Italian Cup. If their OH's performance (especially Ferreira) continues to decline, they will lose their top 3 position in the regular season .They will be in danger of losing their spot in next years Champions league (unless they win the scudetto)
    According to news, Raphael and Juantorena will be back next season. So it will be interesting to see if they will prefere to play for Trentino without chance to play in CL.

• Today Trentino not only lost 3-1 to Cuneo , they also lost Szabo.Probably the season is finished for him .I think Birarelli is injured too. So they don't have any opposite player right now.
    Also it is worth to mention the positive effect of Gonzales on Cuneo.

Actually they do. Gabriele Nelli is a third option there. OK, the mood is nowhere near optimistic, but he is a youngster who will hopefully gain some court time unless Serniotti decides to rotate his OHs.

• Trento is a BIG chance for Modena to take 3 points today. Let's see what happens. Trento will still miss Sokolov and Birarelli (and Szabo, as you know his season is over :( ). Modena should have N'Gapeth in this match. Quesque officially left the club. :(

• Trento is a BIG chance for Modena to take 3 points today. Let's see what happens. Trento will still miss Sokolov and Birarelli (and Szabo, as you know his season is over :( ). Modena should have N'Gapeth in this match. Quesque officially left the club. :(

And Modena did win it 3-0. Sad for Trento, but I'm glad Modena finally got a good result again!

• And Modena did win it 3-0. Sad for Trento, but I'm glad Modena finally got a good result again!

I watched Modena when the first set between Cuneo and Piacenza was over. Bartman started bad, then Sket came in and made a very good job. Bartman was again in the match at the end of the third set, when Sket had some troubles, and Zibi scored a point in a hot and important moment. Kovacevic started in the first 2 sets, then Deroo took his place from half of the second set, having a very good impact. Manià as usual weak as passer and good as digger. Bruno and Sala amazing. N'Gapeth with amazing match as spiker and digger, but so so as passer (that's the reason I think he can't improve the team at all). Beretta again useless, he can't score and he's not a good blocker. Weak link here, just like in NT.

For Trento strong Solé and Ferreira, weak the rest of the team.

• Modena is disappointing me again. Bartman and Deroo payed for everyone: they are both on bench. I still can't believe this is happening. All they needed were a MB and a libero, because Beretta can't definitely play in Serie A1 (his NT season is still a mistery to me), while Manià is always awful as passer. N'Gapeth is playing quite well. Kovacevic has some troubles with Bruninho, which is not as good as usual today. BTW Bruno fixed Sala's game, he is doing better than in the first half of season. Sket is doing well too, he looks so quite on court, very relaxed, and his games are always so regular. Their reception is always a question mark. All the receivers are too much unstable.

Kurek is fine. I guess Giuliani is just giving him some rest.

• Another sensational loss for Zaytsev and Giuliani !
    Atanasijevic is following Miijkovich 's path. There are rumors that he will sign with a Japanese club for 1 million euro.

In Japan league, I could imagine Alek scoring more than 50 points in a match :D .

• Serbia forever on the podium :drink:

• great Perugia and Atanasijevic!! I'm really happy for them..Macerata is a great disappointment this year, they failed in three occasions! I've read Giuliani wanted to leave but the society didn't let him...

now Piacenza just won the first set, witn an ace by Simon! great final up to now :super: :super: :super: :super:

• Great Piacenza proves they have perfect combination of talant and experience and for me are favorites for the title in Italy :!: