2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Some of them have their a*ses kicked after the laser accident at the RUS-USA men game. The organizers can always control the mood of the crowd. This is not football in the end.

I was just being sarcastic about some of the other users' comments about the match in Turkey 2 weeks ago, when they said fans were really not behaving.. they were booing and stuff like that

• "No2" is the most complete turkish player. So she can't go out for a "simple" triple block :teach:

She looks confident I agree but she struggles vs two blocks let alone three. I don't think she can see the pitch and the block very well. Where she is good at is a tempo attack on moving block.

• Kosheleva with another great game :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• She looks confident I agree but she struggles vs two blocks let alone three. I don't think she can see the pitch and the block very well. Where she is good at is a tempo attack on moving block.

Well for a 182 cm player I think she does a great thing with those huge blocks.. She many times hits so hard that it breaks them or hits bock out.. But you can't expect from her to hit over the block, like Kosheleva does

• She looks confident I agree but she struggles vs two blocks let alone three. I don't think she can see the pitch and the block very well. Where she is good at is a tempo attack on moving block.

Don't judge a player by 1 game. Today Gozde was far from her best, but she's a world class player and can be very effective in offence, she has prooven that many times.

• This commentator in the NL-BEL game has mentioned Aachen getting to the semi finals od the dvl playoffs more times than he's pronounced a single Dutch name correctly, besides "Pietersen", and that's probably just because there wasn very well-known English cricketer with the same name... Otherwise he'd probably be calling her "Pie-eater-son" or something...

And he said "basketball" instead of "volleyball" earlier...

• I was just being sarcastic about some of the other users' comments about the match in Turkey 2 weeks ago, when they said fans were really not behaving.. they were booing and stuff like that

I was just being sarcastic about some of the other users' comments about the match in Turkey 2 weeks ago, when they said fans were really not behaving.. they were booing and stuff like that

The problem in Turkey is not fans (who cares about the boos at this level?) but the officials that are being under serious pressure. They keep giving funny points at funny moments to the home side, with FIVB essentially turning a blind eye. Had today's game taken place say in Istanbul, the winner of the set 1 would have been different and set 3 would have been much closer too.

• The problem in Turkey is not fans (who cares about the boos at this level?) but the officials that are being under serious pressure. They keep giving funny points at funny moments to the home side, with FIVB essentially turning a blind eye. Had today's game taken place say in Istanbul, the winner of the set 1 would have been different and set 3 would have been much closer too.

Well some users did 2 weeks ago. I wasn't discussing referees

• From what I understand, there is a possibility that Neslihan will be out of WCH or if she is in, surely she won't be 100%.
    I really can't understand Barbolini's choises. Meliha is an OH ! and she isn't efficient as an OPP.
    What is the aim of forcing her to play as an OPP if your setters are totally ignoring her ?
    What do you expect from Neriman when she is always attacking against triple block?

Neriman playing with 10/43 and Meliha 5/19. :sos:

• Don't judge a player by 1 game. Today Gozde was far from her best, but she's a world class player and can be very effective in offence, she has prooven that many times.

Would you mind if I judge by two games, two is always better than one? She played Russia at ECh-2013 with the same awful traits, i.e. hit-hard-into-the-block-so-noone-can-cover-goes-straight-into-the-floor. She does have all-round skills, no doubt here, but I have not seen such an unintelligent attack.. since the last time I saw Anna Makarova performing. I would debate the world-class player title that you give her as she may be good at playing e.g. piano :).

• So 1.Brazil - 23 points and 2.China - 17 points are through.
    then it's
    3. Turkey - 13p (5wins)
    4. Serbia - 13p (4w, 17-15sets)
    5. Russia - 13p (4w, 16-16s)
    6. Italy - 12p (5w)
    7. USA -12p (4w)
    8. Germany - 12p (4w)
    Exciting end of the qualification process this year. Serbia will probably go through. Turkey will have to beat Italy for 3 points. If they'll fail to do that I think Russia will take the chance.

• Would you mind if I judge by two games, two is always better than one? She played Russia at ECh-2013 with the same awful traits, i.e. hit-hard-into-the-block-so-noone-can-cover-goes-straight-into-the-floor. She does have all-round skills, no doubt here, but I have not seen such an unintelligent attack.. since the last time I saw Anna Makarova performing. I would debate the world-class player title that you give her as she may be good at playing e.g. piano :).

:) You're exaggerating I think. She's much better than you're discribing here. But I won't really argue with you. I'm not a fan of Gozde's in any case.

• Barbolini used the same system in Italy NT, using an OH as OPP so one of the "normal" OHs (in the end Costagrande) didn't have to receive.

But it is clear it doesn't work for Turkey. Turkey doesn't have any player who can receive and attack efficiently from zone 2.
    Right now from journalists, volleyball executives to fans ,everyone is against Barbolini.
    Some of the players like Gizem, Güldeniz are untouchables but players like Polen can't make the team because Barbolini thinks they aren't good enough.
    If Turkey loses tomorrow, probably we will see a big social campaign which demands Barbolini's resignation. Since Barbolini got the job, Turkey couldn't score any important win and always lost the key matches. Considering tomorrow will be revenge game for some of Italian players, I don't think it will change.

• I really don't like what Belgium has become :down: Last year they were a very interesting team with a nice, balanced style of play. Now 80-90% of the sets go to "Lee-see Vaneck" :aww:
    It's like Croatia in the 90s with Barbara Jelic...just that Van Hecke is not THAT good.