Women’s Top Volley International 2013

• Anyone knows what's he reason for Kim Glass not playing in a few matches now.. I really hope Prai's coach does not think of her a sub for Hererra because she was doing great

She got injured. I think it was her shoulder.

• I personally expected much more from Cannes this season....Much more their OH I should say.. the one I least expected - Maret Grothues is performing the best.. I had high hopes for Bokan, always liked Yaneva.. she is a good all-around player, also Partenio was a promising talent..Now they all are not performing good.. Also Corina is not there yet. She's a much better player than this

• I personally expected much more from Cannes this season....Much more their OH I should say.. the one I least expected - Maret Grothues is performing the best.. I had high hopes for Bokan, always liked Yaneva.. she is a good all-around player, also Partenio was a promising talent..Now they all are not performing good.. Also Corina is not there yet. She's a much better player than this

Well Yaneva just come-back form an injury. She is playing better and better. Grothues have a really important rôle on this team. She si the one who have to receive and défend (very often cannes only receive with grothues and arcangeli)
    I am not surprise that much with Bokan. She si coming from a team where she was the star, she was set half of the balls in Mulhouse. Now in cannes she si not the go to player ans she have to adapt to the team.
    I expect cannes to play with Yaneva and grothues as OH in next CL game.

• Kim Glass is clearly the best player in Praia Clube (and probably the best foreigner in Brazilian Superliga).
    The coach is trying Herrera on the starting six due to her attack but this is not working well...I hope Kim starts the matches today inside the court (at least the semifinals). And Mari's comeback...wow, very impressive! If she manages to do that during the 5x1 inversions, then Praia will have a powerful tool for the last points of the sets.

• Kim Glass is clearly the best player in Praia Clube (and probably the best foreigner in Brazilian Superliga).
    The coach is trying Herrera on the starting six due to her attack but this is not working well...I hope Kim starts the matches today inside the court (at least the semifinals). And Mari's comeback...wow, very impressive! If she manages to do that during the 5x1 inversions, then Praia will have a powerful tool for the last points of the sets.

I like they way Kim is playing.. it's time she has a big role in a team since some years now.. There is something about her attacking approach I found strange.. she was not hitting the ball on top of it.. she was not even jumping max. She does that when she wants to tip, or roll the ball, and now every ball was hit like that, so I hope it's not her shoulder not 100% recovered

• Schwerin is left with only 1 MB for the match vs Volero because Laura Pihlajamäki has a small foot injury and can't play today. Will be interesting to see what line-up they play, MB opposite the setter 4 wing spikers or somebody else has to play as normal MB...

• Schwerin indeed playing with Isailovic opposite the setter and 4 wing spikers...but Mudritskaya seems to block in the middle, not Radenkovic when they are together in front row...or they seem to be alternating at least...

• Banania
    Boat Praia - RC Cannes 3-1
    Sets : 23-25, 27-25, 26-24, 25-20.

Praia : 60/142 (42.2%), 15 errors, 6
    blocked. 9 aces, 4 errors serv, 14 blocks.

Mo. Pavao (18/35, 2 err, 1bkd), 2 aces,
    2 bks. Martins (11/18, 1bkd), 2 aces, 2 bks. Francini da Silva (7/13, 2 err), 1
    ace, 1 err serv, 4 bks. Mi. Pavao (6/20, 3 err, 1 bkd), 1 ace, 2 err serv, 1
    bk. Herrera (5/16, 1 err, 2 bkd), 1 err serv. Carrijo (0/4, 2 err), 1 ace, 1
    block ; Glass (8/20, 4 errs), 1 ace. Steinbrecher (5/15, 1 bkd), 3 bks.
    Torquette (0/1, 1 err), 1 ace

Start 6 : Carrijo (Torquette), Mi.
    Pavao, Mo. Pavao, Herrera (Glass), Martins,

Cannes : 64/150 (42.6%), 11 errors, 14
    blocked. 3 aces, 8 errors serv, 6 blocks.

Centoni (26/46, 2 errs, 3 bkd). Yaneva
    (7/21, 2 errs, 5 bkd), 1 ace, 2 errs serv. Bokan (3/14, 1 err, 1 bkd), 1 bk.
    Ssuschke-Voigt (3/15, 1 bkd), 1 ace, 4 bks. Antonisevic (5/7, 1 err).
    Steupereart (2/7, 1 err), 1 err serv ; Partenio (7/13, 1 err, 1 bkd), 1 ace, 2
    errs serv. A. Lazic (6/24, 3 errs, 3 bkd), 3 errs

RC Cannes – Team Switzerland
    : 3-1.
    Sets : 25-18, 24-26, 13-25, 19-25.
    Ref: MM. S. Stanisic and A. Di Giacomo.

Cannes :
    57/134 (42%), 9 errors, 7 blocked. 6 aces, 6 errors serv, 9 blocks.

Centoni
    (22/45, 3 errs, 1 bkd), 1 ace, 5 err serv, 1 bk. Yaneva.(17/43, 2 err, 4 bkd),
    1 ace, 2 err serv. Bokan (3/14, 1 err), 2bk. Ssuschke-Voigt (6/17, 2 err, 1
    bkd), Antonisevic (5/6), 1 ace, 1 err serv. Lazic (3 /4), 1 bk. Partenio (1/1),
    Steupereart (0/3, 1 bkd), 2 aces, 1 err serv, 2 bk.

Start
    6 : Antonisevic, Yaneva, Bokan (Partenio, A. Lazic), Centoni, Ssuschke-Voigt,
    Steupereart. Lib : Arcangeli. Coach : Y. Fang.

Switzerland :
    43/130 (33%), 18 errors, 9 blocked. 7 aces, 5 errors serv, 7 blocks.

Unternahrer
    (11/29, 5 errs, 2 bkd), 1 ace, 1 err serv, 1 bk. Kunzler (9/24, 3 errs, 1 bkd),
    1 ace, 1 err serv, 1 blk. Granvorka (4/23, 2 errs, 1 bkd), 2 aces ; Stocker
    (3/12, 2 err, 2 bkd), 1 bk. Schauss (5/12, 2 err, 1 bkd), 3 aces, 1 err serv, 2
    bks. Stocker (3/12), Marbach (2/5) ; Wigger (8/21, 1 err, 1 bkd), 1 bk.
    Steinemann (1 /4, 1 err). Widmer (0/1, 1 err). Sirucek 1 err serv.

Start
    6 : Marbach (Widmer), Granvorka, Unternährer (Steinemann), Künzler (Wigger),
    Stocker (Sirucek), Schauss. Lib :Dalliard. Coach : T. Lippuner.

Dinamo Krasnodar –
    Volero Zurich
    : 3-0 Sets : 25-22, 25-19, 25-19.

Krasnodar : 39/86 (45%). 14 errors, 3
    blocked. 6 aces, 6 errors serv, 7 blocks.

Rosir-Calderon
    (13/27, 4 err, 2 bkd), 3 bks. Sokolova (11/27), 1 ace. Maryuknich (7/10), 2
    aces. Gansonre (3/9), 1 ace. Podskalnaia (3/9), 2bks, 1 ace. Uralijova (2/3), 1
    ace, 1 err serv. Spasojevic 1 err serv.

Start
    6 : Uralijova, Gansonre, Sokolova, Rosir-Calderon, Maryuknich (Spasojevic),
    Podskalnaia, Beloborodova (Guerra des Souza). Lib: Kryuchkova. Coach : A.
    Selinger.

Zurich : 38/96 (39%), 11 errors, 7
    blocked. 2 aces, 9 errors serv, 3 blocks.

Rykhliuk
    (11/32, 5 err, 2 bkd), 1 bk. Carcares (14/31, 4 err, 3 bkd), 2 err serv.
    Golubovic (5/8), 1 bk, 2 err serv. Klaric (5/13, 1 bkd), 1 ace, 2 err serv.
    Beloborodova (2/5, 1 bk, 1 err serv. Nyukhalova
    (0/1). Cortney-Thompson 1 ace.

Start 6 : Cortney-Thompson
    (Nyukhalova), Klaric, Rykhliuk, Carcares (Becker), Golubovic, Beloborodova
    (Guerra des Souza). Lib : S. Popovic. Coach : D. Baltic.

• Mari just came back from a bad knee injury, but I agree that she's very weak today. This match is just to give her some playing time, I don't think we'll see much of her in semifinal later...

Was'nt it the same 2 or 3 years ago ? Another time blocked ! and Glass is going down