2014 FIVB World League

• And why do you think it's all about you all the time? It is clearly for our spammer.

Probably because I felt guilty for using the "I" word :lol:

• Wlazły won't play tonight, he felt pain in the back once again :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Penchev and Skrimov should be our titular OH players.

Penchev and Skrimov should be our titular OH players.

Agree. Penchev is much better than the meatball Alexiev. Penchev's receiving is hundred times better than this of Alexiev and soon with gaining more experience his attack will become stronger. Comparing their serves is ridiculous. I can't even call serve this pushing the ball in the opponent field from Alexiev.

• So far wonderful play by Winiarski and Buszek. Winiarski looks quite different from how he looked last weekend. With now leading 2-0, Poland at least save the opportunity of advancing to the finals till tomorrow.

In the first set, Dawid Konarski scored two points, was stuff blocked twice, and spiked out once. So net -1 point won by him.
    Well, in the second set we're pleased to announce that the net number is positive (hopefully).

• Agree. Penchev is much better than the meatball Alexiev. Penchev's receiving is hundred times better than this of Alexiev and soon with gaining more experience his attack will become stronger. Comparing their serves is ridiculous. I can't even call serve this pushing the ball in the opponent field from Alexiev.

I know many people are tired of seeing Aleksiev in the starting six, but truth being told, he, just like most of the team, has had a very bad summer so far. I hope some rest would do him fine. I am not defending him, but his attack skills have decided matches for Bulgaria and the least he deserves is some respect. The comparison with a meatball is accurate, but that's not the point right now :D He is a player with weaknesses, perhaps many, but there is a reason he has been in the NT all the time with all the different coaches so far. Penchev is our future, I hope some other youngsters will develop beside him, I am referring to Branimir Grozdanov, to start with. However, a combination Penchev-Skrimov will be detrimental for Bulgaria. They fulfil a similar role in the squad, so a rotation with both at the same time might work only occasionally. Just my opinion.

• Aleksiev is very strong player and he was alone on small finals last year to play good, but Penchev is better in serving, receiving and defending, while not much worse in attack. Alexiev should be golden reserve I think.

• Poland - Iran match is really enjoyable. I support Poland because I want Brazil and Russia out of the finals so other teams can get medals.

I know many people are tired of seeing Aleksiev in the starting six, but truth being told, he, just like most of the team, has had a very bad summer so far. I hope some rest would do him fine. I am not defending him, but his attack skills have decided matches for Bulgaria and the least he deserves is some respect. The comparison with a meatball is accurate, but that's not the point right now :D
    He is a player with weaknesses, perhaps many, but there is a reason he has been in the NT all the time with all the different coaches so far. Penchev is our future, I hope some other youngsters will develop beside him, I am referring to Branimir Grozdanov, to start with. However, a combination Penchev-Skrimov will be detrimental for Bulgaria. They fulfil a similar role in the squad, so a rotation with both at the same time might work only occasionally. Just my opinion.

Yes, this is true but you know how many young bulgarian players from every sport stays forever with the definition - a promise or a future. How much time must pass before these hopes and promises to become a leading players in the team ? You can see for exemple what are doing now players like Atanasijevic, Uros Kovacevic, Lisinac, Jovovic who are from the same generation with Penchev, Trifonov, Ragin, Zhelyazkov ant etc... Compare the growing of our players and serbian players for exemple both on national and club level.

• Yes, this is true but you know how many young bulgarian players from every sport stays forever with the definition - a promise or a future. How much time must pass before these hopes and promises to become a leading players in the team ? You can see for exemple what are doing now players like Atanasijevic, Uros Kovacevic, Lisinac, Jovovic who are from the same generation with Penchev, Trifonov, Ragin, Zhelyazkov ant etc... Compare the growing of our players and serbian players for exemple both on national and club level.

Check my previous posts in this thread (I think), probably a couple of days ago, and you will see my very same opinion :) The introduction of young players should've happened already, but this is not the point of our discussion. The discussion was about Aleksiev getting criticized for something he is not guilty of.

• We have to wait for Brazil, if Canarinhos wins for 3 points, then Poland is out ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Winiar - WORLD CLASS PLAYER. I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HIM, just wow. Greetings to all my countrymen who was complaining that he's weak on many forums, because he started this world league bad, but trained hard in Bełchatów with Miguel Falasca and come back to his form. Just skills are skills, can't disappear. :dance4:

• Btw, there are rumours that Kurek is sooo angry with Antiga who wants him only as reserve player so he left our NT.
    Kurek has no chances with this rivalsation when Kubiak will come back.

Check my previous posts in this thread (I think), probably a couple of days ago, and you will see my very same opinion :)
    The introduction of young players should've happened already, but this
    is not the point of our discussion. The discussion was about Aleksiev
    getting criticized for something he is not guilty of.

So thing are related for me. How can we know that there are no better OH'S than Alexiev when we can't see no one except him playing.And not just in the match without big sense but also in the important and difficult matches with high tension. So we should just risk and try them even with the possibility of bad results and bad feelings for the fans. So if we were started maybe a liile bit earlier to give more chances to young guys probably would not have a such moments to talk how shaky and unstable players is Alexiev but how important and experienced is for the team. So i'm on the principal that better later than never and every chance for searching new better players for the team is OK for me. So i believe that we shouldnt wait returning of Matey like gift from God who with his advancing age to repair thing in the receiving line and we just have to find some stable and quality guy with who wants to develop on this position because i think that it's problematic line for us. And not just in this position but this is other question.

• So thing are related for me. How can we know that there are no better OH'S than Alexiev when we can't see no one except him playing.And not just in the match without big sense but also in the important and difficult matches with high tension. So we should just risk and try them even with the possibility of bad results and bad feelings for the fans. So if we were started maybe a liile bit earlier to give more chances to young guys probably would not have a such moments to talk how shaky and unstable players is Alexiev but how important and experienced is for the team. So i'm on the principal that better later than never and every chance for searching new better players for the team is OK for me. So i believe that we shouldnt wait returning of Matey like gift from God who with his advancing age to repair thing in the receiving line and we just have to find some stable and quality guy with who wants to develop on this position because i think that it's problematic line for us. And not just in this position but this is other question.

I am asking you again - what is Aleksiev's sin? That the coach doesn't want to try new players or that the federation pushes the coach to achieve results and he bets on the best he has, or rather the experience he has. If they make me play all the time, I would also play all the time, regardless of how many ups and downs I show. Aleksiev, as a current captain of the NT, will be there as long as the head coach chooses him over the youngsters. For this whole situation you can blame the federation, some managers, the head coach, but not the players. Otherwise, how a transition between generations is done is a relatively trivial process.