Russian NT 2014

• I'm very excited about Gamovas's return to the national team. Overral, I agree with the remarks from Semisonic, Mathias and VYZ.
    Anyway, I disagree about the opinion from many here that, with Gamova's joining, Malykh will the player sacked from the team.
    I think that Marichev has already showed how much he values Malykh. She's fast and skilled, fitted to perform exactly the kind of game he likes. Since Marichev's appointment as NT coach, he has called her to all the gatherings of the team. In this regard, is important to remember that last year he called Malykh to the ECH along side Obmochaeva and Isaeva – two Op's. So, IMHO, Bavykina will be the one “sacrificed”.
    Plus, another important issue about Malykh's middle/long term future in the main roster along side Gamova and Obmochaeva, is that it may serve as an incentive for her to start to consider seriously the idea of becoming an OH. As Semisonic wrote here a few weeks ago, Malykh has said more than once that she prefers to play as Op.
    But, in despite of her personal preferences, I have a feeling that Malykh's desire to remain in Russia's main roster will be more important. And I also remember an interview given in the end of last year by Vadin Pankov, Zarechie's coach, where he made clear that the trainning program to Malykh's technical development in 2014/2015 would include reception practice.
    I know it is not possible to become a stable passer in a month or two, but I think that in one year of serious practice and playing, a talented player like Malykh can turn into a decent or good receiver, more or less, for example, on Pasynkova's level.
    So, just for day dreaming's sake, could there be a better first row than the one with Gamova in position 4, Nastya S. in the middle, and Malykh in position 2? It may possibly happen in Rio 2016 – who knows?

• That's the good point of view :thumbup: Malykh has potential but with this competition or right wing (Gamova has ambitions for medal from OG, so she won't give it up, while Obmochaeva can be Gamova's backup, however how will she deal with the role of being constant backup for Gamova in key moments ?() it would be better to become an OH, if she can receive on decent level - better than Bavykina, something like Pasynkova exactly like you mentioned, then she can be offensive OH even as starter if she beats competition on this position in 2 years - depends mostly on future form of Pasynkova, Kosheleva and Bavykina, while Shcherban, Kutyukova, Chaplina and maybe someone else can fight for slot of OH2. Shlyakhovaya and Morozova are the best MBs right now and they should be starters, Zaryazhko, Podskalnaya and Fetisova are behind them.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• That's the good point of view :thumbup: Malykh has potential but with this competition or right wing (Gamova has ambitions for medal from OG, so she won't give it up, while Obmochaeva can be Gamova's backup, however how will she deal with the role of being constant backup for Gamova in key moments ?() it would be better to become an OH, if she can receive on decent level - better than Bavykina, something like Pasynkova exactly like you mentioned, then she can be offensive OH even as starter if she beats competition on this position in 2 years - depends mostly on future form of Pasynkova, Kosheleva and Bavykina, while Shcherban, Kutyukova, Chaplina and maybe someone else can fight for slot of OH2. Shlyakhovaya and Morozova are the best MBs right now and they should be starters, Zaryazhko, Podskalnaya and Fetisova are behind them.

Isaeva was also promising Opp besides Malykh, however, Marichev has chosen Alisheva over her :huh: I want to ask the level of young players Voronkova and Ilchenko. Both were at very good level in youth/junior age, even better than Fetisova's levels. Any russian users can give some info about their current shape? Interestingly, in Russia, we don't see many young players (under 20) as starter in clubs. Is it due to lack of talented players or that all clubs invest a lot and can't risk to play with youngesters?

• I'm not Russian, but I'll try to answer some of your questions.

First, Isaeva wasn't call by Marichev this summer because she is injured.

Untill last season, Voronkova was attached to D. Kazan, and will switch to Zarechie next season, mainly to have more playing time. The only two times I watched her perform in full matches, she was very good, specially in attack. First, it was against Volero, in the last CL. Afterwards, it was against Molico/Osasco, in the world clubs tournament, about a month ago. BTW, in both games, Voronkova was the top scorer.

I never had the opportunity to watch Ilchenko, all I know is that she has been just promoted to Uralochka's first team and we'll have the chance to see her next season. Anyway, I remember that Semisonic mentioned her here, about her great performance against Kazan in the last Russian Cup. So, he may add some infos on her current level.

I guess the issue about the lack of young players in the first line up of the Russian clubs is due exactly to what you said. It is difficult to compete in high level with immature players. Basically, the only two teams who regularly use youngsters are Zarechie and Uralochka, the others avoid it.

Finally, taking a lift on Serdar's questions, I'd like to ask if someone have any information about Isaeva's next club. As we know, Fakel won't be in the SL next season, all their former players are going to other clubs – Bogacheva, btw, returned to Zarechie, but I can't find any news about Isaeva in the Russian sites.

• Absolutely agree! Marichev! Why Pasynkova? :wall:

About Kutiukova, let's be honest: she had the chance to show her worth but, unfortunately, she failed. Remember that in the crucial game against USA in Montreaux, when Robinson was serving her bombs, Kutya failed terribly in reception – exactly the skill she was supposed to master, and then Marichev was forced to replace her by … Markova. Later, in Yeltsin cup, Kutya was, once more, erratic, being used manly to cover Bavykina's poor reception in some moments.

I also held good expectations about Kutiukova. She seems to be a nice girl, the type of hard working and underrated talent. But the sad truth is that she was unable to handle the opportunities she had.

Contrary to some other forum members, I'm not Pasynkova's biggest fan, but I think she delivered more than Kutya in Yeltsin cup, so she deserves a spot in the team. About Bavykina, I think she needs to mature a bit to be a real first roster contender, so I'll keep my prediction that she'll be the one to give the place to Gamova.

• Someones prefer to see Malykh with Russia NT and Russia without Medal than with Gamova and Medal.

Sokolova will come back 4 sure.

• Totally agree with Russa women's volleyball fan.

@ Bartek : Did Liuba tell you that? I don't want her in this young Russian NT :sleeping:

• I think She will come to NT as Estes for 2012 London.

Will sit on bench and wait for Medal :-)

• Nastya Shlyakhovaya will miss WGP because of the ankle injury.
    http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/news/2014-07-30/723183/

What a pity ;( the best MB is out, will someone replace her ?( according to news I see that only 13 players will be in team, while Alisheva and Kutyukova came back to their clubs...

• Oh no, That's. big loss for Russia :( So most likely we will see Podskalnaya-Zaryazhko as starters...

• Thanks russia women's volley fan for detailed answers :drink:

• What a pity ;( the best MB is out, will someone replace her ?( according to news I see that only 13 players will be in team, while Alisheva and Kutyukova came back to their clubs...

I disagree about Shlyakhovaya. She's not the best MB out there. Sedova (Morozova) is the only world class MB Russia has got at the moment. Shlyakhovaya doesn't even appear on the top 10 blockers from Superliga. How could she be consistent on international level?

• I disagree about Shlyakhovaya. She's not the best MB out there. Sedova (Morozova) is the only world class MB Russia has got at the moment. Shlyakhovaya doesn't even appear on the top 10 blockers from Superliga. How could she be consistent on international level?

The best from these here, but not counting Morozova :wavy: Yulia is of course in front of them ^^

• Allow me to talk a bit about some of the Russians OH's. A thrilling subject lately.

Lets' start with Chaplina.

I find her undeservedly underrated by many forum members here. Overall, I think she's a very good player. To prove it, it's enough to remember her performances in the last WGP, when she played very well, specially against Brazil, Italy and Germany. Or, in the first leg of the finals against Fenerbace in the last CEV cup, when she also displayed a great volleyball.

Plus, albeit I know she's still inconsistent, I think her best days are yet to come. If we look at the stats of the Russian SL of the last 3 or 4 years, we can see that Chaplina's performances have been improving in a consistent basis in all elements of the game: first, in reception; then, in blocking; finally, in attack. One remaining drawback in her numbers is that she makes too many mistakes, but it may be due more to Uralochka's tactics than to her lack of skill.

Finally, I'm very glad with her move to Kazan. I think her game will reach another level under Gilyazudinov's guidance. I also think she'll benefit with a better physical preparation, something that she'll certainly get at Kazan.

• Kosheleva: Some people find her overrated. Others, like me, think she's a phenomenal player who needs to mature in some key aspects of her game. I mean, of course, reception and defense.

In attack, I think she's already an accomplished top spiker. I doubt if there is any other player today who can attack and block in zone 4 as she does. She has an unique blend of height, power and variation that is unmatched.

But I perceive another deep drawback in Kosheleva. I think she looks mentally immature. When the things don't go the way she wants, instead of concentrate and focus to find alternatives, she prefers to scream around and make a lot of mistakes in attack. This behavior was evident in the last Euro's final against Germany, and also in the matches against Kazan, both in the Euro Champions, as in the boring final of the Russian SL.

In a recent interview, Kosheleva said she's attending to psychotherapy, and that it's helping her to cope with the pressure she puts on herself to always perform on the highest level. I sincerely hope it succeeds.

Anyway, I believe that the hour of truth has arrived for Kosha. The injuries are behind her, she's already 25, and so it's time to work hard and finally confirm herself as one of the best players of her generation, as many think she can be, and as she certainly wishes to.

• The best from these here, but not counting Morozova :wavy: Yulia is of course in front of them ^^

Well maybe because of her 'great setter' in Omichka, but IMO she is the best Russian MB, after Morozova of course...Also I do think her being out of the WGP is a big disadvantage for Russi because she was one of their main weapons, both on attack and block.. just look at her performances in Montreux she was one of the leading blockers and is a killer attacker.. Podskayala is a good slider, not a great blocker, Zaryazhko is not the same after the injury so....

• Some years ago Lyuba said that she would love to play libero when her body doesn't allow to herself to play as attacker and I think this is the right time for her :win:
    Truly, I don't see any spot for her.

• Some years ago Lyuba said that she would love to play libero when her body doesn't allow to herself to play as attacker and I think this is the right time for her :win:
    Truly, I don't see any spot for her.

Neither do I :D as I had written, they don't need her comparing to Gamova :wavy: