Russian NT 2014

• I just have a feeling that IF Gamova plays as starter, Startseva definitely should play in stead of Kosianenko...and obviously we will see Startseva's typical games relying on Gamova :wall:

I hope that we'll see Kosianenko with Gamova, it would be much better because of her bigger variety of setting, not relying just on one player. Startseva tends to play more odrinarily, especially with OP like Gamova :wacko:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I just have a feeling that IF Gamova plays as starter, Startseva definitely should play in stead of Kosianenko...and obviously we will see Startseva's typical games relying on Gamova :wall:

Agree, that would be a disaster. Still I believe that Goncharova has enough status as a player already, and if she will be in better form than Gamova, Marichev will have guts to put her in starting 6.

• That's why it's good for NT to have Gamova back for WCH although I wrote that could be unfair for hard working girl like Malykh, anyway Gamova still adds a lot of power to the team and she proved in Kazan that she's still a leader ^^

I am not sure this teams needs a leader.. especially this year, nobody is a star, or a leader.. everybody is playing great, doing their job, the results come by themselves..

P.S. If I am Obmochaeva and have to sit on bench once again because of Gamova, I wouldn't play.. But let's see

• I wonder how Kosheleva and Obmochaeva will take Gamova's return :whistle: They were basically THE leaders last year but when there's Gamova, I don't think they will play as good as last year.

• I hope that we'll see Kosianenko with Gamova, it would be much better because of her bigger variety of setting, not relying just on one player. Startseva tends to play more odrinarily, especially with OP like Gamova :wacko:

i dont think Gamova would be happy with that situation :lol: she likes to get many bolls..

• I am not sure this teams needs a leader.. especially this year, nobody is a star, or a leader.. everybody is playing great, doing their job, the results come by themselves..

P.S. If I am Obmochaeva and have to sit on bench once again because of Gamova, I wouldn't play.. But let's see

It is not true. Last year they won the EC against average Europen teams. Even ''talentless'' Germany made the final. If they really want to achieve something,like beating Brazil and USA, they must play better than last year. Both in Russian league and CL , Gamova showed she is without a question still better than Obmochaeva and I don't think attitude of Obmochaeva is better than Gamova.

• uhm is it possible to make obomachaeva oh? although her and kosheleva is a shaky reception combo

best opp right now? that's an understatement she's the best opp of the decade, i have no problem with this caue she has hown that she's still elite level unlike in 2012 when mari throwed a tantrum just because she was out of the olympic squad.

• uhm is it possible to make obomachaeva oh? although her and kosheleva is a shaky reception combo

best opp right now? that's an understatement she's the best opp of the decade, i have no problem with this caue she has hown that she's still elite level unlike in 2012 when mari throwed a tantrum just because she was out of the olympic squad.

Obmochaeva as OH is an insane idea, she didn't play as OH since London :whistle: but if the coach really needs to have both Obmochaeva and Gamova simultaneously on court, then we need a solid receiver next to Kryuchkova, so it means Kosheleva, Pasynkova, Shcherban and Bavykina outside the court. The only one who can cover large area is IMHO Kutyukova :wavy: other option can be changing Obmochaeva in backrow and then maybe Morozova can receive ?( in that rotation maybe Pasynkova, Kosheleva or Shcherban could find a place on court ^^

• I'm surprised about many of the comments. Gamova still is one of the best players in the world, she's showing that all along in Kazan. Alright, Russia won ECH without her last year, but she'll definitely make the team stronger and it will be very interesting to see how she'll play under Marichev's guidance, I expect the system will be similar to how Kazan plays because Gamova can play faster attacks than Obmochaeva.

And why would it be unfair to anyone that she returns? As I said, she makes the team stronger, so everybody benefits. And if Obmochaeva isn't strong enough to be starter ahead of Gamova, that's not Gamova's problem.

• I'm surprised about many of the comments. Gamova still is one of the best players in the world, she's showing that all along in Kazan. Alright, Russia won ECH without her last year, but she'll definitely make the team stronger and it will be very interesting to see how she'll play under Marichev's guidance, I expect the system will be similar to how Kazan plays because Gamova can play faster attacks than Obmochaeva.

And why would it be unfair to anyone that she returns? As I said, she makes the team stronger, so everybody benefits. And if Obmochaeva isn't strong enough to be starter ahead of Gamova, that's not Gamova's problem.

Well I agree with you only the other girls were training while she was having a rest at home.. If I remember Obmochaeva had some kind of knee issues and did not start to train earlier but all of the other girls are practicing all summer and even earlier.. Gamova is Gamova, of course if she likes to come back she'll be in the team.. even a starter, so her place in the 12 players is secure.. she knows that and so she is having a vacation.. She is too good to play WGP right? I dislike this kind of behavior, she is a great player, not a great sportsman whatsoever

• She gave her best to Russian NT for many many years, I think it's fair that she at the moment wants to play in only the most important competitions. It's also good for other players, they can play in NT and show their pottential in some serious matches.

• Totally agree with vyz. From 2000 until 2012 Gamova was with NT every summer and didn't miss a single tournament (except those played by B-teams). I'd understand these complaints about Sokolova who has been coming and going at her own grace for all the time but Gamova always was committed to the team. Besides, she is 33 after all, so it is reasonable that she doesn't play the full NT schedule.

• I don't like Sokolova's attitude, but I've got to agree about Gamova. She probably wants to win her 3rd WCH champion trophy, besides it should be easier this year compared to 4 years, because right now Russia have better players with better team plays as well as a better coach. Perepelkina was pretty good but Morozova-Shylahkovaya duo is far better, I'm not going to mention about Borodakova and Merkulova :aww: Maybe Pasynova,Scherban,Kosheleva and Bavyina will cause some reception problems but I'm sure that they will figure out the best solution.

how sad i want to see them both in the court, huging each other whenever someone scores a point :lol:

kutyokova or sokolova 4 years ago

THIS. I remember in London OG wherein Obmochaeva and Gamova where hugging/talking inside the court :heart: I also think Obmochaeva was very prolific as OH and Gamova as OPP (it's not like they couldn't switch positions from time to time while inside the court). Obmochaeva can be called a 'big hitter' but Gamova can easily hit anywhere on court and she is indeed faster. Now I'm excited for the World Champs I hope to see both inside the court :dance6:

• I don't like Sokolova's attitude, but I've got to agree about Gamova. She probably wants to win her 3rd WCH champion trophy, besides it should be easier this year compared to 4 years, because right now Russia have better players with better team plays as well as a better coach. Perepelkina was pretty good but Morozova-Shylahkovaya duo is far better, I'm not going to mention about Borodakova and Merkulova :aww: Maybe Pasynova,Scherban,Kosheleva and Bavyina will cause some reception problems but I'm sure that they will figure out the best solution.

Questionable. Sokolova 4 years ago together with Kryuchkova held the reception throughout all the tournament and did it on a very high level. No one of the chosen 4 OHs is anywhere near as reliable in reception as Sokolova was back then. There's a strong possibility that bad reception can ruin the rest of Russia's game.

• Questionable. Sokolova 4 years ago together with Kryuchkova held the reception throughout all the tournament and did it on a very high level. No one of the chosen 4 OHs is anywhere near as reliable in reception as Sokolova was back then. There's a strong possibility that bad reception can ruin the rest of Russia's game.

And because of it I still hope that Kutyukova will get a chance :roll: she's the most stable receiver in current OHs selection ^^

• And because of it I still hope that Kutyukova will get a chance :roll: she's the most stable receiver in current OHs selection ^^

Absolutely agree! Marichev! Why Pasynkova? :wall: