Montreux Volleymasters 2014

• the stream at laola doesnt work at the moment?

There's a break between matches, Brazil - China took much time and USA - Japan hasn't started yet ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Malikh MUST start playing on OH, cause even tough she is promising, there is Goncharova and Gamova, so i don't see much chances if the olders stay, and she is has a very good physique for OH. Kutiukova can be very usefulll as well

Malykh is constantly being asked about it in interviews, but she always says that dislikes OH position very much and she's useless at that, so she hopes to continue playing as Opp. That's a pity really.

• i watched from the middle of the 4th set to the end of the BRA-CHN match. didn't hear any of the "obnoxious" screaming of the chinese. maybe it doesn't come across from the stream?

i recall in the WCh qual. the match between SER-POR (men), whenever the port. would go to serve, some obnoxious fan would always scream like he was being murdered. surprised nobody did anything about it.

i used to get annoyed at the constant chattering/chirping by the japanese women. like a bunch of birds. but they were not very loud.

• What did kristin have in campinas?

She's digging all the drops and broken plays, and sweeping the floor better than davis!

• DOM again so frustrating… but i think kwiek is trying out new things or new combinations.

pena and martinez are such hitting machines, but they can't pass and obviously that won't help their offense, specially middle attack. mambru overall impressive, but marte's setting really inconsistent today, so hitters are dinking a lot. you'd think that for such a tall and physical team, they'd be a better blocking team.

so inconsistent and frustrating, to lose both 2nd and 3rd sets (when they were up 11-4 in 2nd set, and 8-3 again in 3rd)… i feel that this team is forever the "team of the future."

• What did kristin have in campinas?

She's digging all the drops and broken plays, and sweeping the floor better than davis!

Simple - she had Ze Roberto. Up till last 2 or 3 matches she was the best digger in the league. (For me she was anyway, regardless of the stats) And during the entire season she had some really crazy digs :super: Great to see her keeping it up.

• Simple - she had Ze Roberto. Up till last 2 or 3 matches she was the best digger in the league. (For me she was anyway, regardless of the stats) And during the entire season she had some really crazy digs :super: Great to see her keeping it up.

She really was! She had some crazy digs in quite a few matches. She was spiking a lot better as well (she wasn't exactly convincing in the beginning of the league).

• Quoted from "VolleyAll"

What did kristin have in campinas?

Simple - she had Ze Roberto. Up till last 2 or 3 matches she was the best digger in the league. (For me she was anyway, regardless of the stats) And during the entire season she had some really crazy digs Great to see her keeping it up.

Good to know! She's so fast now and have good anticipation.

• DOM again so frustrating… but i think kwiek is trying out new things or new combinations.

pena and martinez are such hitting machines, but they can't pass and obviously that won't help their offense, specially middle attack. mambru overall impressive, but marte's setting really inconsistent today, so hitters are dinking a lot. you'd think that for such a tall and physical team, they'd be a better blocking team.

so inconsistent and frustrating, to lose both 2nd and 3rd sets (when they were up 11-4 in 2nd set, and 8-3 again in 3rd)… i feel that this team is forever the "team of the future."

They are team for the future since 2009 :D well, their main problems are losing points in series and RECEPTION. Most Dominican players were OPPs and they were converted: De La Cruz, Rivera, Pena, now Martinez who sometimes appears on court also as OP - they have spiking power, but have so many problems in reception.
    Of course an optimum for team is a pair De La Cruz - Rivera now, with Castillo it looks not bad :thumbup: from others the most consistent OH with decent reception is Yonkaira Pena. Others like Brayelin Martinez, Erasma Moreno or Jeoselina Rodriguez who was also tried as OH struggle there more.

Not bad receiver was Dahiana Burgos, but she retired ;( , consistent receiver was also Cabral, but she retired too. Kwiek in some games in the past tried also Lisvel Eve on reception and it didn't look so bad :D unfortunately after serious injury we didn't see Lisvel on court again ;( I hope she'll be back :roll:
    Reception with Annerys Vargas looked quite funny :D (in Yeltsin Cup there had A/B team and there was problem with OHs), but the biggest nightmare on reception was Cindy Rondon :rolll:

• i wish the montreux website would list positions for the players. it's hard to keep track of the new young players we don't know.

I can help you with that if you want :D