2014 Yeltsin Cup - Ekaterinburg / Russia - 7/9

• or maybe Strashi Filipova will be mvp in case of a Bulgarian win

..Russia has many beautiful girsl for miss yelsin :D : Malykk,Pashnkova,Bavykina,Startseva,Fetisova :lol:

I agree :D Podskalnaya looks pretty attractive too. Plus the chooser must be a crazy fan of blondies...he(or any chances it could be a she? :rolll: ) chose Flier and Wolosz previously...so it should be another blondie this time. My prediction -> Bavykina or Dijkema...

• I'm not following the European League recently so I don't know how promising she is. But it should be great to have a good setter because I don't like the ordinary sets of Nenova and Kitipova. Their another task is having a better libero. With Vasileva-Yaneva-Rabadzhieva and Nikolova as OPP, they can rock in attacks...plus they also have Strashimira Filipova who's supposed to be one of the bests in Europe. They probably gotta complete the team by finding a better setter and a better libero.

I'm not following the European League recently so I don't know how promising she is. But it should be great to have a good setter because Idon't like the ordinary sets of Nenova and Kitipova. Their another taskis having a better libero. With Vasileva-Yaneva-Rabadzhieva and Nikolova as OPP, they can rock in attacks...plus they also have Strashimira Filipova who's supposed to be one of the bests in Europe. They probably gotta complete the team by finding a better setter and a better libero.

Agree. We have an option for libero too it's younger Zhana Todorova but maybe she will be able to play with women after her generation complete their participation on ECH or WCH because she is 1997 born and she is part of the youth squad. Other option for now is experienced Anelia Todorova Pashina but she can't become more younger. Monova maybe it's not very good libero. Also there is a Kristin Kolchagova or Slavena Nikova but for them is not sure nothing yet.And the most logical thing is Desislava Nikolova to become full libero and to forgot about her OH position.

• raylight : I think the most ambitious player of Bulgarian team is Emilja Nikolova. She always looks serious and seems to want to win everything. And surprisingly Bulgaria have been defensing quite well despite having a weak libero...(but I think she's at least better than Marija Filipova who always struggles with everything). Vasileva after a rough season in Korea she seems to have improved her digging too and Yaneva is a good passer, so I find almost everything from Bulgarian team this tournament very positive. If they had a better setter than Kitipova or Nenova, they would be a better team by miles...

The setter's problem is general in our volleyball. It is a matter of intelligence, and obviously most of our coaches don't have enough of it and many of the players too. That's why I hate sports school, cause they produce half-humans, only athleticism without mind and moral. Most of our gangsters were medalists from wrestling and were product of such education.

• Holland finished the tournament as 3rd place. Congrats :drink: Buijs and de Kruijf played a very good match.

• So comment is on the way :roll: I couldnt watch the first set but in second and third set netherlands was quite stronger than japan in all parts.There were so many long rallies and dutchs won so many of them which effected the result.Japan disturbed much plak with serves but she did a good job today also stoltenborg played a good match.The best for me in dutch side buijs especially when she hits over the block she reminds me kosheleva and i just love this style. :super: For japan side anything was same really good defence,fast sets and some fast attacks but when they face with tall teams like russia,serbia or even holland this doesnt work ;)

• Congratulations, girls :drink: :drink:

WGP will be the next test for the current reception-line. Very good experience for girls like Plak and Beliën!

Pietersen is a very big surprise to me :drink: She performs much better than expected.

Flier and Grothues are focused at WCH.

iceman006

Maybe for ECH 2015..

• I love the way the dutch girls play! Stoltenborg right now knows how to manage her nerves and plays much better than last year.

For me the biggest surprise is Pietersen and the stable reception...Plak and Buijs are basically balanced as attackers than passers but with those and Schoot, the reception is working quite well. Japanese servers weren't weak at all and Plak was their target but it went well. Besides, I wonder what the heck happened to Pietersen... :white: She has been playing her life matches through this tournament...

As far as I know, Meijners (Lucia Bosetti's ex-teammate of Piacenza) is not interested in in playing for NT at all, not sure if she has finished her study in Italy, but it won't be easy to persuade her...But Buijs and Sloejtes are more or less the same kind of player as Meijners, so I don't think it shall be a big loss now. Some years ago she was definitely needed but unfortunately she was busy with her club and study...(I like her a lot though)

With Grothues(the best passer of Holland team) and Flier(most experienced one), Holland may try to reach some big results...Well, only if they get to play this well :)

• As expected... Nenova(or Kitipova)'s boring sets never work on Russian blockers...