2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• I'm trying to imagine the future of the FIVB in case Russia doesn't make it to the games. What a farce.

I am not known as the big defender of FiVB politics but if either Russia or Italy doesn't make it to the Olympics they should, in first place, look at themselves and their terrible management of the olympic season so far :teach:

• Russia or Italy... or Russia AND Italy :aww:

I have to say that this constant whining is getting a bit annoying. I hope the german team is already in the "challenge accepted" mode... :super:

• I have to say that this constant whining is getting a bit annoying. I hope the german team is already in the "challenge accepted" mode... :super:

I agree. I'm bored about people already crying because of rules, qualification system and so on. It's unfair. We told it. Now move on. Play your tournament, take the ticket for Rio de Janeiro. When you didn't you're allowed to cry. In London there were 7 european teams out of 12. Nobody from the other continents was crying all along.

• you didn't you're allowed to cry. In London there were 7 european teams out of 12. Nobody from the other continents was crying all along.

Why should they have cried? They are weak, I'm not complaining if Italy (or other Europeans team) are not at Cricket Worlds Championship, we are weak and I agree that only the best Cricket's teams should be at the main competition.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Well, you shouldn't complain at all!

You have potentially 3 chances to take the ticket: World Cup, European Q, Worldwide Q + Asian.

2014 WCH bronze medalist Germany has (potentially) just 2: European Q and Worldwide Q + Asian.

2014 WCH 4th place team and 2015 WL winner France the same as Germany.

If you don't take it, you don't deserve to be there. That's all. Teams like Bulgaria and Serbia could be eliminated from the run for the OG tickets already in the European Q. So Russia and Italy have nothing to cry about, having 3 chances. And Italy tomorrow may take the ticket defeating Poland. So go and take your ticket, instead of crying all along this World Cup. I don't see polish users talking about the system... :whistle: Take care of your opponent, for your best. :wavy:

• Off topic. Ravens, I were sure you were italian, aren't you? (only for curiosity) :thumbup:

Coming back in topic, I don't talk about Italy (did I?), I talk about Europeans in general (actually I'm not particularly worried about Italy even if we'll lose tomorrow or win by 3-2). As I said, even Bulgaria and Germany should have the ranking almost guarantee for olympics. As I said, Europeans need more rankings, and unrelevant Asian and African countries less.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• For example, USA would have obtained qualification anyway thanks to North American Championship, for us Europeans it's much more difficult and some strong teams won't go to Rio, otherwise Puerto Rico or Canada could be there. That's unfair, and illogical.

• I agree. I'm bored about people already crying because of rules, qualification system and so on. It's unfair. We told it. Now move on. Play your tournament, take the ticket for Rio de Janeiro. When you didn't you're allowed to cry. In London there were 7 european teams out of 12. Nobody from the other continents was crying all along.

Because we have fewer members from other continents here :) Because these changes are in their favour actually and because they have only a couple of teams to beat to get there. Everyone wants to go to the Olympics.

But I fully agree, to complain is futile, we can't change a thing.

• A lot of things looks like futile, even when we say that Antiga should give less minutes to Konarsky: Antiga doesn't read our posts (I presume 8) ). So what? It's a forum guys and in forums everything (or nothing?) is futile, but we are in a context of mutual exchange of views. Deal with it :thumbup:

• Again... talking and crying about it or blaming FIVB won't change it. It is boring reading nothing about matches and pages about Qualification system.

If USA is so good to take the ticket form World Cup you can blame no one else than youself for losing from them. Russia as well. They had their chances today.

• Again... talking and crying about it or blaming FIVB won't change it. It is boring reading nothing about matches and pages about Qualification system.

If USA is so good to take the ticket form World Cup you can blame no one else than youself for losing from them. Russia as well. They had their chances today.

Again... talking and crying about it or blaming FIVB won't change it.

Why do you think that I want to change things? Actually I don't think that our forum members are fivb officials. It's only an opinion, as I said above. You can disagree of course, but it's useless to remind me how much it's useless (as I said, everything and nothing in a forum can be seen as useless)

• Organized pressure from fans to the local federations can change a lot.

• Assuming Poland and USA will get the tickets tomorrow, only 3 other European teams can qualify to the Olympics :what:
    It will be very difficult for Russia (2*),Italy (4),Serbia (6),France(12),Germany (9),Bulgaria (8 ) ...
    *World rankings
    Who will play the last tournament in Japan? Will it be determined by only European Qualification tournament ? Will world rankings play a role? It says two spots will be for 2 highest ranked non-qualified teams but it can't be from the same federation.So only Russia (2) can participate to last qualifying tournament, right?

Poland,USA,Brazil, 3 European teams, Argentina,Canada will be there.Who will get the other 4 spots?

• Well, as I wrote, I think that Egypt, Puerto Rico and Australia at Rio instead of Germany, Bulgaria, Russia (or Italy, Serbia, France, who knows?) is not meritocratic. For FIVB geography is more important than worth? Ok, in my humble opinion that's unfair. I hope I can say that without be accused of too much complaints

• So it will be;
    4 teams from Europe ( 4 of world ranked 2,3,4,6,8,9,12)
    3 teams from Asia :white: (3 of world ranked 11,13,15,19,20) Biggest injustice!!!!!
    2 teams from South America (Brazil plus one of world ranked 7,22,23)
    3 teams from Norceca :white: :down: (3 of world ranked 5,10 (Cuba) ,14,22) It is a pseudo ranking for Cuba.
    It should be 6-2-2-2

• So it will be;
    4 teams from Europe
    3 teams from Asia :white:
    2 teams from South America
    3 teams from Norceca :white: :down:
    It should be 6-2-2-2

The right formula should be 16 teams from wherever you want, but more Europeans. Our continent is the focus of this sport.