2015 FIVB World League

• Hi,
    The fact that my Polish friends have such incredible passion for volleyball & their NT, that they genuinely hate losing, does fascinate me.
    I like that attitude. It reminds me of ourselves.
    A bit less individual errors on our side and the mach would've been shorter than it actually was.

Funny. Last year Iran played 16 World League matches, 6 home and 10 away. They won 5/6 home matches and 2/10 away matches. Both away wins are against Brazil, which, unfortunately include one that Brazilians might have lost on purpose such that they could eliminate Russia in early stages.

Seriously, when an individual person complain about your home atmosphere, he/she might be mourning/hating the loss. But when a bunch of people find it annoying, and, coincidentally Iran has significantly different winning rates between home and away matches, something is not making senses.

The statistics are still going on in this years's tournament. Iran lost 4/6 away matches (well, given Russian's current status, it's hard to say more), and so far winning all home matches. I'd be curious what Iran could accomplish if they made it to Rio.

• Hi,
    The fact that my Polish friends have such incredible passion for volleyball & their NT, that they genuinely hate losing, does fascinate me.
    I like that attitude. It reminds me of ourselves.

you clearly don't understand the problem here, and I won't discuss it anymore, because you see only one side. The problems I was talking about were widely discussed in Poland before the match and they were already mentioned on this forum. I'm talking about terrorism, and you treat it as bitterness. But you can treat it as bitteness after the defeat, if you want. It doesn't change anything.

congratulation on your win though. Iranian team doesn't belong to my favorites (to say the least) because of players' attitude, but you are clearly almost in finals

A bit less individual errors on our side and the mach would've been shorter than it actually was.

sure, it would, we should finish it in four sets :whistle:

One side note adding to majka.antosik's post: I did mute the live stream
    when I was following the match. I don't know how the players could
    survive the noise. I strongly respect them, especially since they played
    quite well today with some bench players. Yay!

Me to :) This team has something that was lacking sometimes before - fighting spirits and NeverGivingUp. Drzyzga situation starts to worry me though ;(

• Funny. Last year Iran played 16 World League matches, 6 home and 10 away. They won 5/6 home matches and 2/10 away matches. Both away wins are against Brazil, which, unfortunately include one that Brazilians might have lost on purpose such that they could eliminate Russia in early stages.

Seriously, when an individual person complain about your home atmosphere, he/she might be mourning/hating the loss. But when a bunch of people find it annoying, and, coincidentally Iran has significantly different winning rates between home and away matches, something is not making senses.

The statistics are still going on in this years's tournament. Iran lost 4/6 away matches (well, given Russian's current status, it's hard to say more), and so far winning all home matches. I'd be curious what Iran could accomplish if they made it to Rio.

exactly, this is excatly my point. It's obvious that it's better and easier to play home, but it's not normal when players from opposite team don't focus on winning but on finishing the match as soon as possible to end this madness (which BTW WASN'T the case today). I haven't seen any match in Iran since our matches last year and I forgot how awful it is. It's like torture

adding to Iranian winning rates - you guys had this discussion about Iranian place in world volleyball and you were arguing if they are top team. Well, IMHO, you are not really top team if you are not capable of winning important matches outside from your country and without huge speakers that disturbs your opponents with constant deafening noice. So until Iran can deal without this kind of help, I would say "not top team". just my opinion though.

• Hi,
    Last year was our second appearance in WL and we actually nailed it. Moreover, the thing about our matches against Brasil NT is as you said SPECULATIONS.
    Apart from our friends' radical, irrelevant, entirely untrue and most insulting opinions about the situation in my country and towards us Iranians, one advantage of home matches is the support of a team's fans.
    I was wondering about the current WL, how many away matches has Poland NT won so far? But I'm sure they'll do their best(just as we'll do) in case they advance to the finals.

• So actually this was not a bad match. The point is Antiga tried out a few bench players again and they covered pretty well.

I just read a little bit more about majka.antosik's post, who mentioned the unpleasant situation on a few positions. So the outside problem is always there. It's not like Mika can completely replace Winiarski and replicate last year's team. This is actually not a huge problem because it existed before, and the team managed to live with it by good team work. What worries me the most is the opposite, because Wlazly actually is irreplaceable. Now Kurek is back and seemingly handled the new position just fine, but we all saw what happens when strong teams (USA) targeted him and crushed him with solid blocking and defense. That being said, this position requires a very competent sub, in contrast to last year when Konarski could just sit behind Wlazly and clap hands. Now generally I wouldn't suggest Kuba be the best choice, however if other candidates are Konarski, Bociek (still recovering), and some young kiddos (Romac, Filip, Malinowski... am I missing someone?), there really isn't too many options. Well in today's match, Kuba was not too bad. Poland probably couldn't win a match with Kuba, but he could be a black horse some times, just like what he did 4 years ago.

The same situation is with the setters as well. I was quite unsatisfied with Fabian's performance in last two weeks' games. And this time we do know there won't be his Eminence Zagumny saving the world. So it would be essential that someone should be able to hold an adverse circumstance. Lomacz hardly can do as well as Guma, but again, today's match was not too bad, and after which I will be willing to be more patient with him.

In terms of the ranking and Final round, honestly, instead of qualifying, what I really wish is no more injuries, because the tournaments in two months are too important, and the guys really should have the best physical condition to face them. If they didn't make it to the final round, I'd happy to see them having an extra relaxing week for some recovery.

• So actually this was not a bad match. The point is Antiga tried out a few bench players again and they covered pretty well.

I just read a little bit more about majka.antosik's post, who mentioned the unpleasant situation on a few positions. So the outside problem is always there. It's not like Mika can completely replace Winiarski and replicate last year's team. This is actually not a huge problem because it existed before, and the team managed to live with it by good team work. What worries me the most is the opposite, because Wlazly actually is irreplaceable. Now Kurek is back and seemingly handled the new position just fine, but we all saw what happens when strong teams (USA) targeted him and crushed him with solid blocking and defense. That being said, this position requires a very competent sub, in contrast to last year when Konarski could just sit behind Wlazly and clap hands. Now generally I wouldn't suggest Kuba be the best choice, however if other candidates are Konarski, Bociek (still recovering), and some young kiddos (Romac, Filip, Malinowski... am I missing someone?), there really isn't too many options. Well in today's match, Kuba was not too bad. Poland probably couldn't win a match with Kuba, but he could be a black horse some times, just like what he did 4 years ago.

I think, Bartek will be just fine, of course if healthy. What is really great is that we can clearly can see progress here. In Russia he did much better than in Poland, not only visually and statistically, but also in terms of keeping directions (it's probably not English correct, but as Polish you know what I mean :lol:) and technique. He still land after attack pretty werdly, but he will deal with this too. I'm not worried about OP (if Kurek is healthy and in good shape - otherwise we are dead, so there's nothing to discuss honestly). Jarosz or Konarski or whoever should handle African teams on WC to give Bartek break

I'm starting to worry that Drzyzga is not in starting six not because his shape and we will have Kurek circus all over again this year :wall:

In terms of the ranking and Final round,
    honestly, instead of qualifying, what I really wish is no more injuries,
    because the tournaments in two months are too important, and the guys
    really should have the best physical condition to face them. If they
    didn't make it to the final round, I'd happy to see them having an extra
    relaxing week for some recovery.

I would agree, but I don't actually agree with Antiga's decision this season. I don't understand why we brought Mika (and maybe the others) to USA, Russia and Iran instead of giving him some break. I don't know why he didn't give a chance to Bednorz. I hoped for Śliwka and Szalpuk. EG messed up a big time with team A preparations. We should give a break to our leaders, but we kept playing with them, because everybody allowable to replace them were on EG. Now, we probably won't qualify and our team is tired anyway. I don't know if giving them break anyway and sending juniors with Bednaruk to EG wouldn't be better idea.

But then again, Szalpuk and Śliwka would probably go to EG. Oh God, three national teams for one season for two 20-years old boys is a bit too much, isn't it? :lol:

• This will be my last post about this topic in reply to Akbar:

In the most recent editions of World League, Poland in total played 32 home matches and 37 away matches (including finals in either Poland or other countries). Poland won 21/32 home matches, as well as 18/37 away matches. Yes the home winning rate is slightly higher than aways, however, it's not 3 times greater. I believe the data suggest Poland team play at a consistent level regardless of home or away.

This discussion about the Iran home games starts from last week's brahmin's post and well extends to this week. I don't think such discussion is meaningful or constructive to the World League thread. So I suggest the administrators remove/archive relevant posts if possible.

• Hi,
    Last year was our second appearance in WL and we actually nailed it. Moreover, the thing about our matches against Brasil NT is as you said SPECULATIONS.
    Apart from our friends' radical, irrelevant, entirely untrue and most insulting opinions about the situation in my country and towards us Iranians, one advantage of home matches is the support of a team's fans.
    I was wondering about the current WL, how many away matches has Poland NT won so far? But I'm sure they'll do their best(just as we'll do) in case they advance to the finals.

On the contrary, I believe your friends' opinion about the situation in your country and towards you Iranians is non-radical, relevant, entirely true and not insulting at all. Talking about the noise, probably the Poland's home matches are as loud, but I'd say most of the time, the Poles are making music, while the Iranians are making real noise. Poles may boo the guests before they serve, which I personally don't like either, but at least when the ball is in play, they are relatively quiet when the ball is on the guests' side, and shout "one, two, three" when on Poles' side. I'd say the Polish fans made lots of positive contribution to this sport. Iranians make the loudest noise they can when the ball is in play on the guests' side to disturb them. I cannot accept this as civilized.

In today's game set 5, 11:9, there was a long pause due to some reason I don't know. Obviously the referees and the coaches had to bite ears to communicate. You can tell what kind of noise it was.

Also, after the long pause, Poland made an attacking mistake and yielded one point to Iran. Look at what Mousavi did -- He gestured "challenge" to Polish side in a provocative giggle. I wonder how such a handsome face could look so ugly at that moment.

I'm Asian, and I should feel happy that after so many years, finally an Asian team becomes highly competitive at world level. Once I did feel happy, but no longer do I. I've never posted on this forum before, but today I can't help say something, and without any hesitation, I chose this id -- Not_a_fan_of_Iran.

• yes it is unpopular! the usa team came to tehran and they were very Satisfied and happey. they always said that our hosting was very very nice and good, the fact is you are very mean! not your countery and your people! just you my friend. you talk like a 5 years old child after losing candy! we was better in the game and we won

ok, it's probably unpopular opinion, but it's hard time to stop trying be politically correct before everything else.

• yes it is unpopular! the usa team came to tehran and they were very Satisfied and happey. they always said that our hosting was very very nice and good, the fact is you are very mean! not your countery and your people! just you my friend. you talk like a 5 years old child after losing candy! we was better in the game and we won

Well, if you really believe what an American says in such a diplomatic situation, you are probably as naive as a 5 year old child. Americans are probably the best in being different while talking on and under the table...

• This used to be a good forum with nice people but all we have now is a bunch of sore losers with hateful posts. I didn't even waste my time to read all of them. and of course I won't waste my time to answer to all bs posts full of lies and nonsenses.

still I have respect for both USA and Polish teams. specially for USA for being such a classy team. they made a lot of fans in Iran after those 2 matches. a few biased hateful users won't change my mind about those great teams but about this forum.

I think I'm done with this forum or at least with this thread. I value my time more

• Just say two things about discussion:
    1. There was no threat of terrorist attack, it was just an unimportant printed announcement that it was not clear from who it was and anybody could print that and share it on the internet, in case of security Iran is a good country and police and security forces are very strong and dont let anything happens.
    2. It's not speakers noise, it's from trumpets that maybe 10% of spectators have, but they are using it all the time and it has a loud sound, I've heard it rarely in other countries too, while there aren't as many and they don't use it a lot. If it is a problem it can be solved easily, because federation doesn't allow water bottles in the stadium (because of possible throwing to the floor) and if there was a ban from FIVB, they wouldn't allow it.

• I'm so dissappointed from you guys(polish).
    You always try to bundle everything together in order to say that you lose a game because of something else... Just accept your lose!
    Yay, I'm really happy for our fans in the court if you are mad at them...You guys brought 60000 fan at the court and took the world championship and still talk again about the noise!!?
    Some polish members here just try to express that Iran is an insecure place and Iranian are some Terrorists. Shame on you...
    EDIT

• Honestly, my mind has drastically been changed about the Polish fans!
    I don't know, why are they talk about other dimensions of the game! not about the game!
    I invite you to see this page and read the comments of Polishes and Iranians and just try to be fair to judge...
    I don't know what's in their minds that let them to attack against a nation...
    http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…how-and-win-for-iran.html
    Guys please be polite and not talk in the loser mood... It's just a game, nothing else...
    It made me quite hopeless for having a short trip to Poland...

• Funny. Last year Iran played 16 World League matches, 6 home and 10 away. They won 5/6 home matches and 2/10 away matches.

Funny too.
    In the group stage Iran and Poland had same statistics :
    Poland : Away : 1/6 win Home : 4/6 win
    Iran : Away : 1/6 win Home : 4/6 win
    And the final games must not be counted as Away matches as Poland didn't survive the group stage.

which, unfortunately include one that Brazilians might have lost on purpose such that they could eliminate Russia in early stages.

loool :rolll: I bet you weren't following last years matches. :aww:

Poland also lost 4/5 away matches and one away match is left.
    And the fact about Russia , Russia has just 2 points which they got them from Poland and not Iran. ( just with their current status )

• It's so funny to say Iran can only win home matches.You Polish fans must remember WCH last year in your country well!You hardly could win against us with a 3-2 result.Do you remember that game?Furthermore we won against teams like USA,Italy and Serbia in that games.And please stop being disrespectful to our country by calling it hell.I can't believe how low standards you have.

• Just say two things about discussion:
    1. There was no threat of terrorist attack, it was just an unimportant printed announcement that it was not clear from who it was and anybody could print that and share it on the internet, in case of security Iran is a good country and police and security forces are very strong and dont let anything happens.

Forgive me, but we never know if terroristic threats are important, until it happens. It doesn't matter if it was anonymous. The problem was there and FIVB did absolutely nothing about it. It is NOT accusation of you, Iranian guys, but of FIVB. I made it clear, I think

It's not speakers noise, it's from trumpets that maybe 10% of
    spectators have, but they are using it all the time and it has a loud
    sound, I've heard it rarely in other countries too, while there aren't
    as many and they don't use it a lot. If it is a problem it can be solved
    easily, because federation doesn't allow water bottles in the stadium (because of possible throwing to the floor) and if there was a ban from FIVB, they wouldn't allow it.

thanks for clarification. I thought it was from speakers, because I haven't see one single fan with trumpet during the match. Yes, we have these idiots in Poland too, but it's not as loud and as incessant as in Iran. There was even some public campaign In Poland to make it stop, because it's extremely unhealthy (especially with babies in the hall) and super annoying. In Iran it's 20 times worse. Yet again, it was directed to FIVB.

Yay, I'm really happy for our fans in the court if you are mad at them...You guys brought 60000 fan at the court and took the world championship and still talk again about the noise!!?

yes, thank you, that is beautiful memory. To remind you, we also won silver on WCh in Japan, Gold on ECh in Turkey, Bronze on ECh in Austrie, Silver on WC in Japan, Gold on WL in Bulgaria. If I remember correctly, last year in Poland, our opponents weren't trying to lose as soon as possible, so they could leave the hall as soon as possible to not hear the constant buzz.

Some polish members here just try to express that Iran is an insecure place and Iranian are some Terrorists. Shame on you...

maybe if you actually read my post, you would understand it :wavy: I said that terroristic threats shouldn't be ignored (which clearly were by FIVB) in such a time as this, when people keep being killed on beaches and museums. Does it mean I think Tunisians are terrorists? No, one of my best friend is Tunisian. But MAYBE it means something more should be done to prevent it? Because hoping for the best and pretending that "it's not that bad", it's clearly not enough

EDIT

• Let me clear this ; there were never an terrorist attack in Iran during sports competition and never will be.Iran's security is much more powerful than you think.
    That announcment was for a small group which is related to neither government nor most of the people and that was not a terrorist attack but just a protest.
    Please do no try to disguise your loss by these stupid things. :wavy:

• Anyone else thinks they will change the format for the next edition if team Russia gets relegated?