2015 FIVB World League

• Anyone else thinks they will change the format for the next edition if team Russia gets relegated?

I was thinking about it. I'm sure they would, if it was about Brasil, Italy or if they were in need to organise some tournament - Poland. But Russia? I'm not so sure. Anyway, I don't see why Bulgaria can visit purgatory, and not Russia.

besides, it would be a shame. This format is great and exciting, IMHO.

• Anyone else thinks they will change the format for the next edition if team Russia gets relegated?

Yes, this doesn't seem to be too far fetched. Another option could be that Australia "voluntarily" decides to play second division next year.

As a polish fan, i wouldn't be too disappointed about yesterdays match. The bench players showed that they were highly competitive. maybe still with some questionmarks for the opposite position.
    Imo, Antiga is right with slowly starting to focus on the World Cup. At the moment, Poland is my only hope for an olympic ticket there. I am not very optimistic towards Russias and Italys development. Seeing all three of them at the european olympic qualifier would be a true nightmare.

• I was thinking about it. I'm sure they would, if it was about Brasil, Italy or if they were in need to organise some tournament - Poland. But Russia?

You have a point. In todays political situation FIVB might turn their back on Russia easily

Yes, this doesn't seem to be too far fetched. Another option could be that Australia "voluntarily" decides to play second division next year.

At the moment, Poland is my only hope for an olympic ticket there. I am not very optimistic towards Russias and Italys development. Seeing all three of them at the european olympic qualifier would be a true nightmare.

True that. Plus Serbia and other decent teams like Bulgaria, Belgium and... Qualies would be a nightmare

• I couldn't believe how we have reached tiebreak while all match we were playing not with Jarosz but though Jarosz because he didn't get ANY POINT at difficult situation, also he was blocked everytime even at single(!) block. I'm not surprised he has never been player for a first squad no matter who was the coach. He is just terrible, Konarski is not better than him. With such health problems of Kurek we will be so weak if BOCIEK will not come back to playing at the highest level after overcame cancer. I heard he came back to trainings so we are waiting for you Grzegorz because now it looks like nightmare playing without attacker and middle blocker must score about 20 points for a match.

• I'm so dissappointed from you guys(polish).
    You always try to bundle everything together in order to say that you lose a game because of something else... Just accept your lose!
    Yay, I'm really happy for our fans in the court if you are mad at them...You guys brought 60000 fan at the court and took the world championship and still talk again about the noise!!?
    Some polish members here just try to express that Iran is an insecure place and Iranian are some Terrorists. Shame on you...

What is your problem? hah? a user is being made with the name of "Not_a_fan_of_Iran" and talk against a nation not against a game!
    That's why we Iranian are much more happy for the winning against a team with such ugly fans!!!!

Again so radiculous saying by furious people that fans won about 13 tough matches in world championship for Poland. 60000 people were at each of match? Yes if someone is trying to underestimate team world champion is frustrate.
    If bunch of Iranians are threatening they are going to smash each team with olympic, world champion or world league title (Poland has two of them) and some agressive comments they start to write don't be surprised you are getting so fast answer. No one fan of successive team will allow you to do that. If you have such problems with your memory maybe looking at wikipedia would help you to know what succeses Polish NT had before even became world champion.

• I'm so dissappointed from you guys(polish).
    You always try to bundle everything together in order to say that you lose a game because of something else... Just accept your lose!
    Yay, I'm really happy for our fans in the court if you are mad at them...You guys brought 60000 fan at the court and took the world championship and still talk again about the noise!!?
    Some polish members here just try to express that Iran is an insecure place and Iranian are some Terrorists. Shame on you...

What is your problem? hah? a user is being made with the name of "Not_a_fan_of_Iran" and talk against a nation not against a game!
    That's why we Iranian are much more happy for the winning against a team with such ugly fans!!!!

I'm so dissappointed from you guys(polish).

As I said, I'm Asian, not Polish. Once I was happy for Iran becoming competitive in the world -- especially when they beat USA and Italy in grand championship 2013, I was so excited. However, after watching these WL games held in Iran, be that with Poland, USA, or with Brazil, Italy last year, I changed my mind since the noise there is far beyond my understanding of civilization. Don't try to make an analog with Poland. Polish fans are the most amazing I've ever seen. They are loud, but they are making more music (singing and dancing) than noise. Even there is noise, the noise comes at more reasonable moment than Iranians who disturb the opponents while the ball is still in play on the opponents' side.

Now, whichever team plays against Iran, I support that team.

After reading the Iranian fans' reaction to other fans' criticism on
    this forum, I believe it is you guys who need to be more open-minded,
    and think on whether other peoples' criticism is reasonable, and have
    self-reflection. Why more people don't like you (more than people don't like Poland/USA/whichever other team). Why some Asian fans
    like me who once supported you turned away from you.

• World is governed by rules and Volleyball is no exception.It has its rules.If rules ban spectators from making noise then people should follow that rule.But for now there's no rule that prohibits people from bringing trumpet to stadium.Civilization is based on following rules and law.If you're not familiar with these terms then it's you that should review your civilization! :win:

• Again so radiculous saying by furious people that fans won about 13 tough matches in world championship for Poland. 60000 people were at each of match? Yes if someone is trying to underestimate team world champion is frustrate.
    If bunch of Iranians are threatening they are going to smash each team with olympic, world champion or world league title (Poland has two of them) and some agressive comments they start to write don't be surprised you are getting so fast answer. No one fan of successive team will allow you to do that. If you have such problems with your memory maybe looking at wikipedia would help you to know what succeses Polish NT had before even became world champion.

OK then,
    You know what, you didn't get what the problem is. As I told before, "I have a special respect for the team Poland, they totally didn't have any stress in the Azadi court". But having respect for each other is another issue that should be considered by all of us regardless of where we have been living. I've ever never let myself to talk about a nation, culture of which, people of which, civilization is held there.... and then decide that,yes, they are shameful, and they should be prohibited to play at their home!...
    I do believe that Poland have had a great bright background in the Volleyball history and no one could tell that this is not correct, but I do not believe that it could be used as a guarantee to blame other teams specially Iran who is going to be the new world power in the volley ball world. Being an advocator deserves respect but being a polite person whenever we are mad at something or unhappy with something is more commendable.
    To sum up, though I hope to attain one another winning to be qualified for the next round in a rivalry atmosphere against Poland, I would accept the lose if we were the loser of the match not to express some hateful comments against the rivals. :wavy:

• OK, I was asked to interfere and delete whatever it was that doesn't belong here. I won't delete everything that has been written here, there are some relevant thoughts, but let's keep politics and world problems out of the volleyball forum, guys. There has been little about volleyball and more about everything else. Let's focus on the games instead. We won't give you the pleasure of ruining this particular forum, these discussions can go on somewhere else.

I do have my opinion as a fan, but it is neither the time nor the place to express it. Besides, I am writing this as an admin. Do not think that the World League or actually the world of volleyball ends and starts with Poland or Iran.

I'm Asian, and I should feel happy that after so many years, finally an Asian team becomes highly competitive at world level. Once I did feel happy, but no longer do I. I've never posted on this forum before, but today I can't help say something, and without any hesitation, I chose this id -- Not_a_fan_of_Iran.

This is just absurd and totally unbearable! I will give you the chance to either change your username, delete your profile and recreate it with a proper name, or write to the admins on your own and pick up a normal name. Otherwise I will be forced to delete everything you wrote, maybe the profile as well.

• World is governed by rules and Volleyball is no exception.It has its rules.If rules ban spectators from making noise then people should follow that rule.But for now the're's no rule that prohibits people from bringing trumpet to stadium.Civilization is based on following rules and law.If you're not familiar with these terms then it's you that should review your civilization!

This is just absurd and totally unbearable! I will give you the chance to either change your username, delete your profile and recreate it with a proper name, or write to the admins on your own and pick up a normal name. Otherwise I will be forced to delete everything you wrote, maybe the profile as well.

So, do you mean everyone on this forum must be a fan of Iran to post? I didn't name my ID "hate_Iran" or something like that. I'm just Not a fan of Iran, what's wrong with that?

Imagine if someone has ID "a_fan_of_Iran", do you allow that? Surely you do, don't you? Then everyone has right to be or not to be a fan of a team or even a whole country. And these two groups enjoy the same right here. If a fan of Iran can name his/her ID "a_fan_of_Iran", then why someone else not a fan of Iran can't name his/her ID "Not_a_fan_of_Iran" ?

If as the administrator, you believe you have the authority to say this id is absurd and totally unbearable, and want to delete the profile, then just go ahead. Anyway, I wasn't active on this forum. So far, I've only two posts here anyway.
    This is just another evidence that how crazy Iranian fans are, and they forced the administrator not to allow anyone "not a fan of Iran"...

• It's very annoying as a neutral to have to scroll down all of your Iran-Poland bullshit, people. Please, write about Volleyball or don't write at all. I sincerely give two fucks about vuvuzelas and alleged terrorist threats.

• So, do you mean everyone on this forum must be a fan of Iran to post? I didn't name my ID "hate_Iran" or something like that. I'm just Not a fan of Iran, what's wrong with that?
    If as the administrator, you believe you have the authority to say this id is absurd and totally unbearable, and want to delete the profile, then just go ahead. Anyway, I wasn't active on this forum. So far, I've only two posts here anyway.
    This is just another evidence that how crazy Iranian fans are, and they pushed the administrator not to allow anyone "not a fan of Iran"...

Hahaha, yes, the world must be divided into those who hate Iran and those who love Iran ;) It wasn't an Iranian who woke up the admins, it was one of the regular users here who cares about this forum more than he cares about such a meaningless non-volleyball discussion.

Yes, as admin, I can tell you your username is inappropriate! I bet you can define so many better ways/strings/things to care about to put there instead. It is provocative and overall quite intolerable. Yes, also as admin, I have the authority here to tell you that you obviously created a provocative profile with a provocative name and wrote three obviously provocative posts about Iran. Do you see the problem better now?

• Yes, as admin, I can tell you your username is inappropriate! I bet you can define so many better ways/strings/things to care about to put there instead. It is provocative and overall quite intolerable. Yes, also as admin, I have the authority here to tell you that you obviously created a provocative profile with a provocative name and wrote three obviously provocative posts about Iran. Do you see the problem better now?

Imagine if someone has ID "a_fan_of_Iran", do you allow that? Surely you
    do, don't you? Then everyone has right to be or not to be a fan of a
    team or even a whole country. And these two groups enjoy the same right
    here. If a fan of Iran can name his/her ID "a_fan_of_Iran", then why
    someone else not a fan of Iran can't name his/her ID "Not_a_fan_of_Iran"
    ?

And why "a_fan_of_Iran" is not provocative to non-fans of Iran, while "Not_a_fan_of_Iran" is provocative to fans of Iran? Are fans of Iran more easily to be provoked than non-fans of Iran?

• You can write pretty much all the philosophy in the world right now, it's still not going to cover you up for the fact that you came here to provoke. Had you named your profile "Fan of Iran" and written about the European Games, for instance, we wouldn't have cared that much. You obviously did it with this intention I stated, so don't play the smart guy now. I am not going to write further about it, I wrote which actions you could take. You know very well the difference between "I don't like XXX" and write 5 posts about that, and "I like XXX" and write about it. It does affect discussions, probably users, and mostly has no place here.

• You have a point. In todays political situation FIVB might turn their back on Russia easily

It's not even about political situation. Russia has never been FIVB favorite. If it was for Italy (or Brasil, or Poland on that matter), Australia for sure would resign for greatest good (or if not next, year it would be in the group with Brasil, Poland and USA as a punishment :lol: ) Good God, FIVB is a joke.

At the moment, Poland is my only hope for an olympic ticket there. I am not very optimistic towards Russias and Italys development. Seeing all three of them at the european olympic qualifier would be a true nightmare.

I hope, you're right. Unfortunately, Poland is sinusoid. After good year, it always comes horrible one. I hope this year will be different though. For our Olimpic and Yours :heart: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_our_freedom_and_yours)

I don't know why you think so low about Italians. After Juanto joins them, they sure will be among favorites of WC (hopefully one step lower on podium than Poland though :whistle: ). Russian with new coach (that WILL happen, won't it?) will be strong again, IMHO

True that. Plus Serbia and other decent teams like Bulgaria, Belgium and... Qualies would be a nightmare

as always in Europe. USA and Argentina - these lucky bastards... Russia should play for Asia, Italy should be moved to Australie and Poland to Africa. This is my great plan :whistle:

• Russians are running Olympics final project again, but not useful for the first set.

• There is this stupid thing about FIVB ranking and Olympics quotas, noneuropean teams have the opportunity to gain points from continental championships and world cup, and that's why we see Belgium ranked 20 while Tunisia ranked 15. FIVB decision to reduce WC quotas to 2 and eliminating wild card has made the situation even worse.