2015 FIVB World League

• Bulgaria took first set against Cuba with 14 errors /Cuba made only 5/ Beat that, other teams! :what:

• This is just absurd and totally unbearable! I will give you the chance to either change your username, delete your profile and recreate it with a proper name, or write to the admins on your own and pick up a normal name. Otherwise I will be forced to delete everything you wrote, maybe the profile as well.

Cmon I see nothing wrong or insulting with his user name. You are overreacting.

• Russians equaled their losing streak of 97 when they were host of final and losing wasnt important. (If we count last year as well they have 11 consecutive losses, totally a disaster)

• While Russians repeat our last year failure /life imitates art/ we won third match vs Cuba, but made a total domination look like equal game / You can't spike over the block of Todorov, this is pure fantasy/ thanks to 32 unforced errors. Skrimov was on fire today :)

• From what I could understand, the long pause at 11:9 for Iran in the 5th set started with Antiga's accusation of Gholami's foot fault during service -- stepping on the (extended) side line. The second referee tried to confirm with the first referee whether it could be challenged, and got the response "no". It'd be good if someone could confirm what's happening.

This is an interesting catch from Antiga. Without checking the regulations, I think players are supposed to be within the 9m region defined by the extended side lines when they contact the ball during service. However, I've never seen a single rally in which players are fouled by this violation.

• Regarding the noise in the sports hall at Tehran, after watching the match, beyond doubt I agree that it's very noisy, and it creates a difficult moment for the guest team. However, the noise level alone, and the fact that noise is made while a rally is in play, are not compelling arguments to lead to conclusions about uncivilized behavior from the audience.

Cursing at players and throwing objects on the court are examples of bad behavior from the crowd that's not acceptable. Staying quiet while a rally is in play is the etiquette of attending a tennis match, not for a volleyball game. In the autobiography of the legendary coach of former USSR / Russian women's volleyball NT, Karpol, he mentioned that once he was leading his team to play an away game, and he simply couldn't communicate with his players because the audience around him was making systematic loud noise. He didn't complain because the audience does have the right to support their beloved teams, as long as they don't violate the regulations.

If a team feels that the behavior from the audience has disrupted the progress of a match, they may complain to the referees immediately, or discuss this in pre-match or post-match meetings with the officials.

• Well, I can't believe how we won vs Canada this time. We were playing like crap, on the way to clear 1-3 loss, De Cecco being crap, stupid things like Ramos (!) as opposite, etc then suddenly Pablo-fucking-Crer out of all people, a guy who has been utter crap for the last 3 years, enters the match and with superb blocks and attacks saved our asses! (+ some dubious calls against Canada which ended in Winters receiving a red card).

Now we have to get one victory in Bulgaria to make the final 4. If we play like yesterday, I'm sure we will. If we play like today, we don't have any chance. I just hope Bulgaria plays with Aleksiev, Sokolov, etc because I wouldn't feel glad if we make the final 4 beating the likes of Milushev..

• Well, I can't believe how we won vs Canada this time. We were playing like crap, on the way to clear 1-3 loss, De Cecco being crap, stupid things like Ramos (!) as opposite, etc then suddenly Pablo-fucking-Crer out of all people, a guy who has been utter crap for the last 3 years, enters the match and with superb blocks and attacks saved our asses! (+ some dubious calls against Canada which ended in Winters receiving a red card).

Now we have to get one victory in Bulgaria to make the final 4. If we play like yesterday, I'm sure we will. If we play like today, we don't have any chance. I just hope Bulgaria plays with Aleksiev, Sokolov, etc because I wouldn't feel glad if we make the final 4 beating the likes of Milushev..

Same here. I became very frustrated after watching this match. I like both teams and don't really have a preference. But it came to my attention that the referees today were just terrible. So many doubtful and wrong calls. And I feel very sorry for Canada's because they lost in such an unpleasant way.

Hopefully Argentina won't waste the chance to go to the final 4, otherwise I'd me much more upset.

Has Ramos tried the OPP position before?

• No. Our commentators said Velasco saw something in him for the position, and that maybe he could convert like Andrea Giani in the past, lol :rolll:

I see. Before I've just read that Velasco would try Conte in the Opp position this year. Is Argentina also short of good OHs at the moment such that Conte is still taking this role?

• just noticed something, JPN has a very dynamic OH that i had never heard of before, asano, and he's only 178 cm (5' 10)! that's got to be one of the shortest non-setter/non-ilibero players in the world. and i thought when JPN was playing with yoneyama (183 cm), i thought he was too short!!!!!!

• I see. Before I've just read that Velasco would try Conte in the Opp position this year. Is Argentina also short of good OHs at the moment such that Conte is still taking this role?

It's difficult to tell, today and yesterday Quiroga (who did good in Brazil last season) was barely used. There's also his brother Gonzalo who so far hasn't played a single match despite having done pretty well in Padova ?( another good attacking OH like Poglajen has also barely played. For some reason Velasco seems to favor too much youngsters who play in argentine league... I don't quite get what he's aiming for yet when it comes to offensive OHs. With defensive ones is all very clear: 1. Filardi (bad match today, great yesterday), 2.Zornetta, 3.Bruno, this seems to be pretty much set in stone for the coach.

• What a confusing website is. Where can I find the Statistics of the games in the official world league website?

• just noticed something, JPN has a very dynamic OH that i had never heard of before, asano, and he's only 178 cm (5' 10)! that's got to be one of the shortest non-setter/non-ilibero players in the world. and i thought when JPN was playing with yoneyama (183 cm), i thought he was too short!!!!!!

The current Spanish NT also has an OH who's 178cm tall. I was so amazed when I saw him starting in the ECH qualifier.

• How did Mirzajanpour injure in the first set of yesterday's game?

Actually, he suffered from a pressure drop. That's why he had to be out of the game for a couple of sets(the two sets that Iran was the loser!).