2015 / 2016 Transfer News

• More news from Brazil (Source):

Maringá renewed with Luan Weber (OPP). They're trying to build a younger team, just like every other team this year, so I expect him to be starter this new season.

Montes Claros signed with Juninho (OH), from São José dos Campos. Good transfer for them imo; Juninho most of the time was the only highlight in SJC last year.

• Just to mention it because no one else did: Eemi Tervaportti (Finnish NT, setter, 26-year-old, Knack Roeselare) has joined Galatasaray Istanbul.

Also, Alexey Ostapenko (MB, 28-year-old, Copra Piacenza) moves to Lokomotiv Novosibirsk. He was nowhere near his best days in Italy, I doubt he will ever be after all those injuries, but hopefully coming back to Russia might trigger better performances from the former NT player.

• Perugia managers are trying to bring back Kovac to their team while he is coach of Iran.

• Nuno Pinheiro (ex-Portuguese NT, setter, 30-year-old, 193 cm, Tours VB) returns to Noliko Maaseik. Source: Noliko's webpage. I would really love to see them together with Wijsmans in the Champions League.

Suddeutsche Zeitung claims that Lukas Bauer (German, 26-year-old, MB, Saint-Nazaire) is very close to signing with TSV Herrsching. They have already gathered a serious team over there.

Not officially confirmed yet, but it seems like an exchange of players between Belogorie and Gazprom-Ugra is very probable. Belogorie is close to signing with Sergey Antipkin (setter) and Dmitriy Krasikov (OH). In the other direction is supposed to go Dmitriy Ilinykh (OH). Also, Konstantin Lesik (setter, Zenit Kazan) is rumoured to return to Belogorie again after he was benched by Alekno. The setter choice seems very logical. These are two of the most reliable and free names in Russia and they surely need local setters with two foreigners already. However, I do not like the exchange of Krasikov for Ilinykh. I believe Ilinykh is highly underrated player and deserves far more chances to play in Belogorie. He was injured, but it doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the most solid Russian OHs, to me at least.

• Nuno Pinheiro (ex-Portuguese NT, setter, 30-year-old, 193 cm, Tours VB) returns to Noliko Maaseik. Source: Noliko's webpage. I would really love to see them together with Wijsmans in the Champions League.

Suddeutsche Zeitung claims that Lukas Bauer (German, 26-year-old, MB, Saint-Nazaire) is very close to signing with TSV Herrsching. They have already gathered a serious team over there.

Not officially confirmed yet, but it seems like an exchange of players between Belogorie and Gazprom-Ugra is very probable. Belogorie is close to signing with Sergey Antipkin (setter) and Dmitriy Krasikov (OH). In the other direction is supposed to go Dmitriy Ilinykh (OH). Also, Konstantin Lesik (setter, Zenit Kazan) is rumoured to return to Belogorie again after he was benched by Alekno. The setter choice seems very logical. These are two of the most reliable and free names in Russia and they surely need local setters with two foreigners already. However, I do not like the exchange of Krasikov for Ilinykh. I believe Ilinykh is highly underrated player and deserves far more chances to play in Belogorie. He was injured, but it doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the most solid Russian OHs, to me at least.

Obviously Noliko is giving up policy to sign younger players...

Regarding Krasikov/Ilynikh switch I also don't see point of doing that. Ilynikh is better player for me, Krasikov is injury prone (remember him from Fakel)

• Obviously Noliko is giving up policy to sign younger players...

Regarding Krasikov/Ilynikh switch I also don't see point of doing that. Ilynikh is better player for me, Krasikov is injury prone (remember him from Fakel)

I can't say a lot about Noliko's policy because I lack information. But I think this is the right way to "rejuvenate" the squad, not what they did last year. Last year they signed youngsters only, threw them in all tournaments and they crumbled painfully, finishing perhaps the weakest season in decades or at least since Noliko gained European recognition. They struggled even in the domestic league against Lennik and Antwerp, let alone Roeselare. The best way to integrate younger players is to keep/sign 2-3 more experienced they can evolve along. Besides, Pinheiro is just 30, which is totally fine for a setter, even if opposing to their last year's policy, of course. But I guess you are right, last year's fiasco made them reconsider the situation and slow down the rejuvenation for a while, even if players like Padar, Parkinson, Lecat, Lushtak, Hohne (if all or some stay) preserve the club's ambitions.

• I can't say a lot about Noliko's policy because I lack information. But I think this is the right way to "rejuvenate" the squad, not what they did last year. Last year they signed youngsters only, threw them in all tournaments and they crumbled painfully, finishing perhaps the weakest season in decades or at least since Noliko gained European recognition. They struggled even in the domestic league against Lennik and Antwerp, let alone Roeselare. The best way to integrate younger players is to keep/sign 2-3 more experienced they can evolve along. Besides, Pinheiro is just 30, which is totally fine for a setter, even if opposing to their last year's policy, of course. But I guess you are right, last year's fiasco made them reconsider the situation and slow down the rejuvenation for a while, even if players like Padar, Parkinson, Lecat, Lushtak, Hohne (if all or some stay) preserve the club's ambitions.

Just for information: Lushtaku, Parkinson, Derkoningen, Grozdanov and Gotch leave Noliko Maaseik. Especially Grozdanov and Lushtaku performed last season quite badly (Lushtaku eventually thinks to play as OH in his home country Sweden, this says much about his setter skills...). Derkoningen is kicked out because of inappropriate behaviour.

Noliko is turning 180° in their transfer policy: signing experienced players who already have some history in the club (Pinheiro, Wijsmans). I'm curious about the connection between these two players. Good transfers!

• Dick Kooy's leaving ZAKSA

Niki Penchev's considering leaving Resovia for unknown Russian club as he got an attractive offer. Przegląd Sportowy dramatically wrote this morning: "Penchev wants to leave Resovia". If he'll leave Zibi Bartman will be closer to Resovia.

Wojtek Ferens is close to Transfer Bydgoszcz.