Turkish League 2015/16

• Both Fernerbahce's libero are unfunny jokes....

• will this end of season surge by Kim Hill buy her another season in Vakifbank?

someone wrote here that she is in the plans for net season

• Kim Hill burnishes her Ms October credentials by outplaying KimYK for the second big match in a row. She leads VakifBank to a 3-1 victory over Fenerbache. KimYK, 17 points, 16-0-1 versus Kim Hill 22 points, 17 attack, 2 block, 3 ace.

VB now has a 3 point lead going into the second leg of the Turkish Championship playoff. It looks like Guidetti knows how to polish her star and I think this will get her another season in VB and should tighten up the USNT competition with Megan Easy for OH1.

• Nice to see Akman playing...I dont like how the big clubs in Turkey get a lot of good players. Like Akman spent so much time on the bench and never get to play in CL. And then you have Rasic and then Robbin and so on...

same for Pollen and so on...

• Sorry, but those 2 good matches won`t erase a horrible season she`s had...

Kim Hill burnishes her Ms October credentials by outplaying KimYK for the second big match in a row. She leads VakifBank to a 3-1 victory over Fenerbache. KimYK, 17 points, 16-0-1 versus Kim Hill 22 points, 17 attack, 2 block, 3 ace.

VB now has a 3 point lead going into the second leg of the Turkish Championship playoff. It looks like Guidetti knows how to polish her star and I think this will get her another season in VB and should tighten up the USNT competition with Megan Easy for OH1.

• well take a look at these stats from the official website...it says something different from yours.

Mine our VakifBanks internal stats. The ones that Guidetti looks at. They come right off of Vakifbanks official Facebook feed. Either way Kim Hill is playing well at the end of the season as she has replaced Bujis who was also playing well, if you remember her big contributions versus ECZ in CL, so the net for Vakifbank is very positive. Hill has three more matches to continue this high level of play and if she does and if VB wins the gold I think she will have a solid chance to be the MVP.

Not a bad finish for such a horrible season and certainly a reason to keep her for next season to play with Zhu Ting and Gozde. :gone:

• 3 more matches to go... let`s see what happens.

But if Vakfbank wins I think Loneke Slotjes should be MVP, she was their best at regular season and was their best during these 3 last matches. ( Not that I care for indivudal awards anyways )

• Nice to see Akman playing...I dont like how the big clubs in Turkey get a lot of good players. Like Akman spent so much time on the bench and never get to play in CL. And then you have Rasic and then Robbin and so on...

same for Pollen and so on...

Absolutely, Eczacibasi has a lot of star players but cant play and cant be given enough playing time. Such a waste of talents

• But if Vakfbank wins I think Loneke Slotjes should be MVP,

I think the MVP is just for the performance in the playoffs. Am I wrong? Or do they include the whole season? In the CL the awards were just for the Final four performance and Hill was awarded the best OH2 award. So clearly she is peaking at the right time of the season. If you recall her lead up to her MVP performance in the World Championships was being on the bench for Atom Sopot of Poland so either she is slow to start or she can up her performance in big game situations, or she's just darn lucky....

• Game 1, 2 and 3 scores

Kim 17, 31, 17 = 65
    Kim Hil 10, 19, 22 = 51

Kim Hill burnishes her Ms October credentials by outplaying KimYK for the second big match in a row. She leads VakifBank to a 3-1 victory over Fenerbache. KimYK, 17 points, 16-0-1 versus Kim Hill 22 points, 17 attack, 2 block, 3 ace.

• I don`t know, but even considering only the finals, Lonekke should still be MVP, she scored 52 points ( Hill 51) and if wans`t for Lonekke yesterday Vabk would have lost 3-0.

I think the MVP is just for the performance in the playoffs. Am I wrong? Or do they include the whole season? In the CL the awards were just for the Final four performance and Hill was awarded the best OH2 award. So clearly she is peaking at the right time of the season. If you recall her lead up to her MVP performance in the World Championships was being on the bench for Atom Sopot of Poland so either she is slow to start or she can up her performance in big game situations, or she's just darn lucky....

• Could any Turkish member please tell us what they are talking about here (it seems intersting).

https://m.facebook.com/permali…83834180&substory_index=0

• Sorry guys, this is in Turkish but the author himself is accusing Vakifbank and the Federation for quite a lot of things and this can soon turn into a scandal: http://voleybol-e.com/?p=8753

Simply, after Galatasaray won 2 sets against Vakifbank, one of the federation top person's come closer and start arguing with Galatasara's assistant coach, then argues with Ataman himself, blaming him for being mean to the referees, just because he used the word "Lan", which is something close to "dude" in Turkish and he already was punished with a red card for that. The author claims that Vakifbank's masseur - not assistant coach, told referees "Are you blind" but did not get a warning. Eventually the game stopped after the 2nd set due to broadcasting problems, while Ataman was threatened by the guy from the Federation. The author provides 2 pictures related to this issue. He claims, federation, referees and everyone is fine whatever Guidetti does on court, he is almost untouchable as well as other Italian coaches in F4 while the only local coach is treated pretty badly and punished in his first error.

I personally dont believe that all these are correct but I'm sure the match didnt stop because of broadcasting problems and it is unfortunately quite obvious that Federation supports Vakifbank at times. :down: