Germany - VBL Bundesliga 2015/16

• Nothing very serious, she participated in the warm-up on Saturday. It's questionable if she can/will play today though, I think playing OQT in 3 weeks might play a role too.

Nothing very serious, she participated in the warm-up on Saturday. It's questionable if she can/will play today though, I think playing OQT in 3 weeks might play a role too.

Thanks! :drink:

• Regretfully I couldn't manage to travel to Dresden today to watch this last match of season 2015/6 live - but I guess, either Dresden wins in three or four sets or Stuttgart in the tie-break. Pressure is high, it is impossible to predict mental reactions of both teams completely. Dresden has more to lose, they will not get into CL again when failing in this match...

• I think Stuttgarts players were just too tired, physically and mentally, to fight back as before, while Dresdens players could better overcome their tiredness pushed by the spectators - and remember, they had lots of chances to exchange outside hitters, which helped a lot too.

But next season Stuttgart has chances to win the championship when having not so much bad luck as in this season (lost three of five total OHs and very bad draw in CL and CEV cup challenge round with maximum load on the team).

• Hope Nichol and Grobelna stay at Stuttgart. There are very good but i think it's better they play 1 or 2 Season in Germany. And then they can go to a stronger League.

• Dresden - Stuttgart 3:0 (25:18 25:20 25:17)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2015-16/Women/&2528.pdf
    MVP: Kristina Mikhailenko / Michaela Mlejnkova

MVPs of the season: Michelle Bartsch (Dresden) and Roslandy Acosta (Vilsbiburg)

3rd consecutive championship for Dresden, but this year they had to fight really hard for it. Unfortunately today Stuttgart couldn't put up the same fight as in the previous matches, they simply lacked the ressources. But overall they can be proud of their season :win:

• In which place did Postdam end the season? thanks!

• Now season is over, as number 7 of national leagues currently, belonging to the group of four from 5 to 8, Bundesliga gets formally following clubs for the competitions:

Champion Dresden gets directly into the CL group phase (they are happy,that they do ;) - but group phase is even harder than last time )
    Vice champion Stuttgart has to play the new CL qualification with up to three rounds, no reason known, why we would not do so
    Bronze medallists Schwerin and Münster deserve berths directly in the CEV cup, regarding Münster: I'm not sure they can or want to afford it financially (!)
    Fifth Wiesbaden is also searching for a European cup sponsor to get the extra finances for Challenge cup (they obviously don't want to shorten financing of other parts due to CEV participation)

• Because of lack of chances against some of the biggest clubs of Turkey, Russia, Poland and Italy, the too big load of additional matches for our players and considering this adventure as being too expensive, tendency is not to participate. It seems, that we are allowed to play directly in the CEV cup instead, which would be also the natural result when participating in the CL qualification rounds. And finances are still modest (nearly 1 Mio. Euro for 2016/17), so we have nothing to waste regarding money. Therefore at least Stuttgart and Schwerin (1.3 Mio. Euros) are supposed to take part directly in the CEV cup next season.

• I understand their arguments, but honestly I think without playing CL this season they wouldn't have reached the final in the league. Sure, they lost Sandor and a lot of money, but IMO it was very important for the young players to play against some very strong teams, and they actually learned to win against stronger teams in CL, beating both Baku teams at home. I believe that this was a very important experience for the team that helped them in the playoffs.

As for next season in Stuttgart: the coaches will stay and so will Mlejnkova, Sandor and Renkema. The club is in promising negotiations with Tomazela, Nichol and Van Daelen and also wants to keep Grobelna. Wlk and Lindow end their careers, Stoltenborg is definitely going to leave. The future of Jarmoc and Thomsen is still unclear, apparently Thomsen is quite an expensive player for Stuttgart's standards. So far only Jennifer Pettke is sure as new transfer, but the manager says that they're in good negotiations with some interesting players and intend to have an even stronger team next season.

• I understand their arguments, but honestly I think without playing CL this season they wouldn't have reached the final in the league. Sure, they lost Sandor and a lot of money, but IMO it was very important for the young players to play against some very strong teams, and they actually learned to win against stronger teams in CL, beating both Baku teams at home. I believe that this was a very important experience for the team that helped them in the playoffs.

I agree, that the experiences of the CL made our team stronger in this season - but we stand simply no chance to qualify again with this new mode, because there are just four qualification spots and too many strong (superior) teams to grab them (i.e. Eczacibasi VitrA ISTANBUL, Dynamo KRASNODAR, Impel WROCLAW (Breslau), Nordmeccanica PIACENZA).

• Dresden

Stock -> maybe ends her career
    Slay -> Goes to USA and will study
    Litte -> no new contract

Bartsch has a new offer but no signed yet.

Mancuso and Cross are questionable

Lippmann goes to another club. Izquerdo same i think

• It seems, that Louisa Lippmann goes from Dresden to Schwerin.

In Stuttgart chances are not bad, that Allianz MTV can keep Kaja Grobelna for next season.