2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• As Matthias said teams of same pool cant play against each other. You can read the media guide to be more sure about this. Apart from determining who plays vs. who, draw will determine the order of matches A2/A3 vs. B2/B3.

• n[quote='Bartek','index.php?page=Thread&postID=323240#post323240']So Brazil 2nd or 3rd will play v Argentina, won't risk to play v Russia.[/quote

Argentina already has 2-0 vs Egypt, Argentina will finish first.

• Nasty moustache, Mr. Sander :lol:
    Still a bit of growth and some work with the haircut and he could compete in a Freddy Mercury look-a-like. 8)

• I'm really happy Carlos Guerra made it to the OGs with his team. I remember when I was a teenager he was playing for Penn State: he was a really good player already. I expected something more from Andrea Rangel's brother, but it was the first time (for this mexican group) they played such an high level tournament, so I can justify them all.

3 points for us. Now we're second in the group waiting for Canada, Brazil and France. And we have very chances to keep this position at the end of the day. :win:

• I was thinking here, and I don't think is a good idea for Italy to let Canada win.

If Canada wins they could finish 2nd and if Brazil wins Brazil finish 3rd.
    And then in the semi finals Italy would play the winner Brazil/Poland or Russia.

And imagine what a karma for Italy to loose on purpose for Canada and then play and loose to Brazil in the semis, they would look stupid.

If Italy wins and Canada looses Brazil will be 2nd and USA 3rd and France could stay in 4th.
    Then Italy would face in the semis either Poland,USA or Russia.

All this is assuming Brazil beats France 3-0 and Canada wins 3-0/3-1 or looses 3-0/3-1.

• And assuming Italy will win the QF ;)
    I believe we really need to think match by match and not to take anything for granted: in London USA teach us that shining in the pool means almost nothing.

• If Canada wins they could finish 2nd and if Brazil wins Brazil finish 3rd.
    And then in the semi finals Italy would play the winner Brazil/Poland or Russia.

This seems to be assuming that Italy will play the 3rd placed team in the semis, which is not a given, but will be the outcome of a draw. (I haven't checked, but this must be the case. If you decide that 1st placed teams in each group can't play 3rd placed teams from the same group in semis, then you can't have a draw for the quarters -- as the only option that allows for this condition to be met is 2nd places in each group playing 3rd places from the other group)

Furthermore, suppose Brazil wins 3:1, and Italy loses to Canada 3:0 -- this ASSURES Italy won't play Brasil in semis, regardless of the draw. So, if one assumes, as you seem to, that Italy's goal is to avoid Brasil (questionable IMO), then losing 3:0 to Canada is the easiest way to achieve that.

• Lucchetta and Antinelli said that it's possible both Piano and Bira are out. Unfortunately the Facebook live streaming was unwillingly interrupted when they were speaking about it, so we don't know more details.

• This seems to be assuming that Italy will play the 3rd placed team in the semis, which is not a given, but will be the outcome of a draw. (I haven't checked, but this must be the case. If you decide that 1st placed teams in each group can't play 3rd placed teams from the same group in semis, then you can't have a draw for the quarters -- as the only option that allows for this condition to be met is 2nd places in each group playing 3rd places from the other group)

Furthermore, suppose Brazil wins 3:1, and Italy loses to Canada 3:0 -- this ASSURES Italy won't play Brasil in semis, regardless of the draw. So, if one assumes, as you seem to, that Italy's goal is to avoid Brasil (questionable IMO), then losing 3:0 to Canada is the easiest way to achieve that.

U dont get my point.
    If Italy chooses to loose for Canada is not to avoid Brazil in the semis, but is taking a shot and hoping Brazil looses to France and goes home. So if they loose to Canada on purpose and Brazil beats France, then if Brazil wins the QF and eventually the final is Brazil vs Italy, if Italy looses that would be their karma and they would look stupid.

Better for them to win, keep their integrity, and let Brazil and France play for their destiny.

Bernardo already said he does not care if Italy let's Canada win, all Brazil needs is to beat France.

• Lucchetta and Antonelli said that it's possible both Piano and Bira are out. Unfortunately the Facebook live streaming was unwillingly interrupted when they were speaking about it, so we don't know more details.

I'm sure Zaytsev would make an excellent MB.