Champions’ League 2007/08

• This Champions has great teams...but there is any team already classified for the next round????

I Think Amstelveen is already right???

Who they are going to face...is going to be like first from one group against second from another?

• TOTALY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Champion should be already classified!!!!!!

But there is no mistake...next year Foppa is there again!!!!!!!!! :super:

==========================================================================================

GO FOPPA

• anyone know if Tomasevic from Tenerife is related to Tomasevic from Zurich??????? :)

is just that I saw that Vesna played in Zurich already too....so I thought that maybe they were sisters or something like that... :lol:

• So, shortly after the quali. tournament the Championsleague continues!
    No break for the players :S but i hope there will be some nice matches...

so lets take a look at the matches played on January 23rd:
    Farmutil Piła - ZOK Rijeka
    FenerbahceAcibadem Istanbul - Azerrail Baku
    Voléro Zurich - Asystel Novara
    Sirio Perugia - Postar 064 Beograd
    Post Schwechat - Dinamo Moscow

matches on January 24th
    RC Cannes - Vini Monteschiavo Jesi
    Zarechie Odintsovo - Winiary Bakalland Kalisz (cant wait for this one :D )
    Türk Telekom Ankara - ASPTT Mulhouse
    Grupo 2002 Murcia - Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul
    DELA Martinus Amstelveen - Spar Tenerife Marichal

• Grupo 2002 Murcia - Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul(and ı can't wait for this one :what: 8o )
    ı wonder will eczacıbaşı be able to win again against Murcia with a fit Neriman and Naz(they played much much better than ı had expected in the OGQs) and fully recovered Haneef?

• Grupo 2002 Murcia - Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul(and ı can't wait for this one :what: 8o )
    ı wonder will eczacıbaşı be able to win again against Murcia with a fit Neriman and Naz(they played much much better than ı had expected in the OGQs) and fully recovered Haneef?

so Eczacibasi finally with the all the stars ?? Vesna, Haneef, Metcalf and Korkmaz, in aditition the Turkish ones ??

• Thanks to Laola1.tv and bwin we can follow some matches live today
    for example:

Voléro Zurich vs Asystel Novara (at 18:00 local time) on bwin
    Post Schwechat vs Dinamo Moscow (also at 18h local time) on bwin & laola1.tv

• Kasia Skowronska wont play in today's match against Zurich. Instead of her Sanja Popovic will play, which is definitely not much worse. Kasia will have some free days.

This match will be also broadcasted live on Eurosport 2. Some minutes before the match will start there will be a short documentary of Kasia living in Italy. If somebody is going to record that match, i hope that this documentary will be recorded as well :)

• anyone who will watch all these matches, please record it and upload it here, because i have no time to watch me live. but then i am still eager to watch these great matches.....if anyone will watch them live, can you please upload it here?? (especially the two matches with Dinamo Moscow and Zarachie Odstinsovo)

• :thumbsup:

so Eczacibasi finally with the all the stars ?? Vesna, Haneef, Metcalf and Korkmaz, in aditition the Turkish ones ??

eczacıbaşı will beat murcia again :thumbsup: all stars will play.watch young turkish stars naz and neriman

• Post Schwechat - Dinamo Moscow 0:3 (24:26 19:25 19:25)
    I saw just the last 10points of the match, but i know that Gamova didnt play at all.But the rest of the stars like Tom and Liktoras played. Godina too, btw ;)

FenerbahceAcibadem Istanbul - Azerrail Baku 3:0 (25:19 25:10 25:19)

Voléro Zurich vs Asystel Novara 3:1 (25:20 25:18 18:25 25:23)
    This defeat was not necessary at all. Novara had chances to win the 4th set and to force a 5th but didnt take them.

• All results from 23.01
    Post Schwechat - Dinamo Moscow 0:3 (24:26 19:25 19:25)
    FenerbahceAcibadem Istanbul - Azerrail Baku 3:0 (25:19 25:10 25:19)
    Voléro Zurich - Asystel Novara 3:1 (25:20 25:18 18:25 25:23)
    Farmutil Pila - ZOK Rijeka 3:0 (25:19 25:14 25:18 )
    Despar Perugia - Postar 064 Beograd 3:0 (25:19 25:19 25:11)

• All results from 24.01
    RC Cannes - Vini Monteschiavo Jesi 1:3 (25:23 19:25 23:25 21:25)
    Zarechie Odintsovo - Winiary Bakalland Kalisz 3:0 (25:20 25:21 25:23)
    Türk Telekom Ankara - ASPTT Mulhouse 3:0 (25:20 25:21 25:23)
    Grupo 2002 Murcia - Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul 3:0 (25:19 25:16 25:23)
    DELA Martinus Amstelveen - Spar Tenerife Marichal 3:0 (25:23 25:20 25:22)

Interesting that almost all team won today which played at home, but RC Cannes, as probably one of the strongest home teams lost :huh: I wonder now whether Jesi started to play well or if this was a little accident...
    Im a bit sad with the result of Odintsovo - Kalisz. Of course Odintsovo seemed to be the favourite in this match, but i hoped for a closer match... 3:0 is definitely too little for Kalisz.
    Im not surprised by the other results. For me it was pretty clear that these teams would win. I just expected a closer match as well between Murcia and Istanbul, since Istanbul finally played with its stars. (or didnt it?)

• Im not surprised by the other results. For me it was pretty clear that these teams would win. I just expected a closer match as well between Murcia and Istanbul, since Istanbul finally played with its stars. (or didnt it?)

i watched this match in laola.tv. all stars in Istanbul played in the match(haneef, metcalf, citakovic, Korkmaz, Neriman and Naz) nancy metcalf definitely not in good form, she only played a few points in 1st set, on the bench for the rest of the match. haneef played quite well, but seems that only by her effort can't make the match closer...

and all players in Murcia played brilliant today! :thumbup:

• All results from 24.01
    Interesting that almost all team won today which played at home, but RC Cannes, as probably one of the strongest home teams lost :huh: I wonder now whether Jesi started to play well or if this was a little accident...

Cannes played really really bad tonight, they give the match to Jesi.
    The italian team play without doing mistakes, but they didn't show great things too. Playing like this against a strongest team they would loose 3-0.

In cannes' side nothing went well exepted Centoni who play great. She was the only one too score in dificult moment. Filipova inexistent in bloking and spiking, Rybazcewski has a lot of problem in scoring and tonight she didn't help the team in receiving.
    Fang always changing the setters, Elif's game is too easy to read for the oponement and Dong is doing a lot of efforts, she gives all she has on the court, but her sets are not precise. They should have sets more balls to Yaneva, in spiking she was doing well.
    Fang was really mad to his players because they give the match away without fighting.

I hope that it was just an accident and that next week they will beat easily Rijeka. And I also hope that Jesi will beat Pila to see cannes in the next round.

• i watched this match in laola.tv. all stars in Istanbul played in the match(haneef, metcalf, citakovic, Korkmaz, Neriman and Naz) nancy metcalf definitely not in good form, she only played a few points in 1st set, on the bench for the rest of the match. haneef played quite well, but seems that only by her effort can't make the match closer...

and all players in Murcia played brilliant today! :thumbup:

Metcalf is injured. She played only the first set and did not get to hit at all. I don't know why they started with her in the first place :roll: It should have been Neriman from the beginning, not that it would have changed the end result but it would have made it a closer match.

Eczacibasi had only three practices as a complete team before this match because of injuries and national team commitments. Still, it should have been a better fight and closer match. I am hoping for a better showing against Perugia on Tuesday.

Any rumors yet as to who will host Final 4? This will affect the number of 3rd place teams going thru to round of 12...