Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Nice joke involving coaches name by Trentino's fans after the game (but I guess it was already made):
    "Godo di RADO ma quando godo, godo come un ANGELO" --> 'I enjoy it rarely (=rado), but when I enjoy it, I do it like an angel' :D
    Sorry, the word enjoy isn't enough probably, but I don't know what verb to use and I'm too lazy to look for it :P

scarpetta
    In the last Supervolley there was a very interesting interview to Lanza. He told that once after Stoytchev was keeping bashing him during a training (for his reception) he said to him something like 'If you're so good than show me, then!'. So Stoytchev asked Kaizisky to serve on him and didn't miss one ball :lol:
    So, I think Lanza wouldn't gladly work with him again, but I also think he is somehow grateful for what Rado teach him. But not for HOW he did it :lol:
    I also discovered in that interview that it was the society to ask Rado to give Lanza more space in his first year in A1, because he wasn't let him playing not even when Trento was way ahed the opponents. And he played a lot in several matches at the end of the RS, including vs team like Treviso and Cuneo, and took also one or two MVP ^^

About the rest, I think it's not a secret they weren't on the same page :P
    Anyway, now everybody is using sleeves with sponsors on it (society sponsor, to be precise). So may be they were still following him on instagram since it became a fashion thing :lol:

• So, I've been meaning to ask for a while now: what's everyone's deal with Stoytchev? I've read that Lanza, Colaci, most of Trento and even Bruno dislike him. Is there a reason behind it?

• Kk15 - I have not been watching the men`s league at all, I actually only watched 1 game and it was Trentino`s 2 weeks ago, but why is Hoag starting over Kovacevic? Is he not fully healthy, Hoag has been playing better or the plan before the season started was to have Hoag starting over Uros?

• what's everyone's deal with Stoytchev?

I think he's 'simply' very harsh and tough. But I also think that many of his former players respect him for being such a winner. That doesn't mean they would gladly chose to be trained again by Rado, though :P [Urnaut and Mazzone did, but they worked with him only one year, so I guess it's a bit different than Lanza or Osmany]

Bruno is a different question, he disliked him as an opponent, not knowing him personally.
    More than one Modena players said they found him more ironic and fan that they expected, anyway. At least outside court I think.

As for Trentino Volley; they are booing Juantorena. They are booing Stoytchev .WTFFF!

I know, it's something I don't get either, but for them isn't a sign of disrispect, I assure you. It's like 'part of the (organized fans) game'
    They are quite attached to their former players as far as I know, and also today both the society and the fans celebrated the former players with gifts and similar things before the match, and the crowd clapped for Rado a lot, many even stood up. [there is a video on Dal15al25]

Kk15 - I have not been watching the men`s league at all, I actually only watched 1 game and it was Trentino`s 2 weeks ago, but why is Hoag starting over Kovacevic? Is he not fully healthy, Hoag has been playing better or the plan before the season started was to have Hoag starting over Uros?

Kovacevic and Lanza where supposed to be titular (as in the Supercup). But Kovacevic suffered two different muscular problems that kept him on the bench for a long while (even if he wasn't that bad all the time, for example he played the Italian Cup quarterfinal vs Monza).
    Now – as far I understood – Kovacevic is ok, but I guess that since Hoag is playing well and in the last matches Trentino is doing better, Lorenzetti avoided to change AGAIN the team now that it has somehow founded a certain balance.
    He did played a bit both today (mostly second line for Hoag after he served) and vs Latina, anyway (vs Latina also for Lanza).

• Kk15 - I have not been watching the men`s league at all, I actually only watched 1 game and it was Trentino`s 2 weeks ago, but why is Hoag starting over Kovacevic? Is he not fully healthy, Hoag has been playing better or the plan before the season started was to have Hoag starting over Uros?

Kovacevic and Lanza where supposed to be titular (as in the Supercup). But Kovacevic suffered two different muscular problems that kept him on the bench for a long while (even if he wasn't that bad all the time, for example he played the Italian Cup quarterfinal vs Monza).
    Now – as far I understood – Kovacevic is ok, but I guess that since Hoag is playing well and in the last matches Trentino is doing better, Lorenzetti avoided to change AGAIN the team now that it has somehow founded a certain balance.
    He did played a bit both today (mostly second line for Hoag after he served) and vs Latina, anyway (vs Latina also for Lanza).[/quote]

Oh ok got it.. It is kind of a waste to have either Uros or Hoag on the bench, but I guess for Trento to have a chance in winning Serie A and CL they must have some options on the bench.

Thanks.

• Oh boy.... Ricci of Perugia has been given a chance to play as starter but he completely mess it up. :white:

I though Russell did not deserve to be benched with Zaytsev's unimpressive 1/9 attack but he probably got the boot ro give way to Podraacanin and to give Berger more playing time. Probably preparations for the Champions League???

Atanasijevic played really well. 21 pts and 9 break points.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Probably preparations for the Champions League???

Definitely.

On the other hand, I'm afraid for him that this NT summer Ricci will be put behind players like Polo (I really like him), Galassi (which I like as well) and may be even Bossi if he keeps playing so little in Perugia... Not to mention Anzani! We will see if he'll find more space in the future.
    May be it wasn't the smarter choice to go in Perugia instead of being super-titular in some 'middle level' teams.. Including his former team Ravenna which doesn't sound so 'middle' in this period.

• So there are rumours about Wilfredo Leon being offered to play in Italy next season and the loudest club in the transfer market is Perugia.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…er-for-wilfredo-leon.html

I honestly have no idea how they could handle this except with Zaytsev returning to his opposite role and Atanasijevic leaving.

Both Russell and Leon can be a great team on the left side attack and I could see Zaytsev playing receiver when the two are having problems with the pass.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Yes also more than one Italian source said that, even if between 'making an offer to Leon' (which I would bet really happened) and 'Leon will play in Perugia' there is a HUGE path ahed...
    Despite that wouldn't be great for Trento, I would be thrilled to have Wilfredo in the Italian Championship, but only if it doesn't get as boring as the Russian :P

There are also rumors about Zaytsev moving from Perugia (probably for Modena, as opp), or Atanasjievic (it's not clear if to let Zaytsev stay as opp, and no rumors about the destination), or both leaving Perugia.
    Pedrini (Modena president) said that they're already moving on the market for the next year.

Leon may work in Perugia with two Italian MBs + Libero.

Ps anyway in perugia Ata, Zaytsev and Podke contract will end this season, so more than one combination is possible, Leon or not Leon (including Zaytsev opp with 2 foreign OHs and Podke staying – I would like that).
    Anyway it's not easy to find a decent Italian OHs and I wouldn't bet on Zaytsev staying in Perugia as OH, so if he won't stay as OH there are practically only two options, Zaytsev opposite or two Italian MBs.
    Unless Perugia will be able to have Osmany (3 years of contracts with Lube) or Lanza... I love Kovar but it's an hard bet considering his physical problems.

• It seems Ngapeth was stopped while driving having drunk more alcool than permitted...
    They didn't say how much, so I don't know if it's just a 'regular' thing or something more severe.
    EDIT: 1,98, x4 the Italian limit that isn't low compared to other countries (0.5) --> driving license taken away.

He was alone in the car but it seems he spend the night with other 4-5 Modena players (plus probably some girls from Modena team and may be even from Conegliano...).
    So may be he just got unlucky to be the one caught. Or may be he was stopped because they could guess he had drunk/because they registered the plate from the previous incident two years ago (way more severe - at the end of march there will be the sentence).

When you think he may have learned...

• It seems Ngapeth was stopped while driving having drunk more alcool than permitted...
    They didn't say how much, so I don't know if it's just a 'regular' thing or something more severe.
    EDIT: 1,98, x4 the Italian limit that isn't low compared to other countries (0.5) --> driving license taken away.

He was alone in the car but it seems he spend the night with other 4-5 Modena players (plus probably some girls from Modena team and may be even from Conegliano...).
    So may be he just got unlucky to be the one caught. Or may be he was stopped because they could guess he had drunk/because they registered the plate from the previous incident two years ago (way more severe - at the end of march there will be the sentence).

When you think he may have learned...

That's not nice. Will he be restrained from playing as punishment? I abhor DUI. Seems so immature. Although it's usually different with tall people but he still ended up above the normal level. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

:white:
    With this amount of alcohol in his blood it is quite admirable worrisome that he was still able to start the car. Driving a car in such a state is almost criminal. At least he didn't roll over someone this time.......

• No 'court' punishment, only a fee to pay to the society, apparently (for not respecting Modena 'ethical code' - which I couldn't find).
    I can understand that, to be honest, even if I'm not sure I agree. I mean, I do understand that Modena invested on him and the team needs him and I can't really blame them for wanting him on court, plus he will already punish by the Italian State.
    On the other hand I'm afraid if they won't punish him more harshly – may be also making him feel 'guilty' towards his teammates not letting him help them – he'll never learn... but may be he wouldn't have learn anyway, or will learn anyway. Who knows.

Still, I guess probably it's for the best for everybody if he won't be allowed to drive for a while ;)

But allow me a thought: how is possible that several people that harshly criticize Zaytsev for doing something that didn't even break the Superlega rule (neither the sleeve nor the tattoo did, even if the second can be considerate 'morally' borderline) or for asking for an exception to the rule to the rule-makers and leaving the NT when that wasn't granted (shoes gate), do not criticize Ngapeth for breaking not the Superlega rules, but the Italian LAW, doing something that could have severely hurt other people or himself?
    [For the record, when Zaytsev actually broke Berruto rule in Rio and was send home, I thought it was right to punish the 4 players, even if that meant the situation of the team 'behind the curtains' was a mess]

I hope it's just a question of 'reading the news in time'... Or may be 'it's not a volleyball related problem' explanation, but since it concern a player (and one of the best in the world) I feel that's more an excuse.

Ps and as you can see I'm not even that harsh vs Ngapeth, the first thing I wrote before the 1.98 came out was that may be it was just a 'regular' thing, and I also wrote that he's possible he was just less lucky than the others to be caught.

• So Fabio Fanuli of Milano injured another knee again during the warm-up before the Padova match. I really feel Giani got desperate after Milano suffered straight losses and still played him in his most recent games after "recovering" from the injury he took in Perugia. I don't know what to say but to feel bad for Fanuli. One knee is already too much and now he has two knee problems. :(

#FreeBritney

• Hi Kk15 I don’t get whom you’re referring?
    In my opinion; there is no question that Zaytsev refused to play in National Team in aim to get more money, which is unacceptable (in other words he chose money over national pride).Still his case must be considered innocent compare to Ngapeth. This is the second time Ngapeth was caught driving under influence; he is lucky that no one is killed so far.For me both Modena and Italian League should punish him

• [quote='Kk15','index.php?page=Thread&postID=353691#post353691']But allow me a thought: how is possible that several people that harshly criticize Zaytsev for doing something that didn't even break the Superlega rule (neither the sleeve nor the tattoo did, even if the second can be considerate 'morally' borderline) or for asking for an exception to the rule to the rule-makers and leaving the NT when that wasn't granted (shoes gate), do not criticize Ngapeth for breaking not the Superlega rules, but the Italian LAW, doing something that could have severely hurt other people or himself?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: U r absolutely right.... Zaytsev just have a lot of haters.