Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• That was nice from Baranowicz.They even killed that point which makes it more amazing.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That was a great game despite just being a straight set victory for Perugia.

Lol Zaytsev needs to hit better in front. The pipe was absent for the rest of the match. De Cecco kind of went back to his old habits but I guess Russell being present on the left side helped a lot. De Cecco forcing some balls to Anzani,Podrascanin and Atanasijevic when Zaytsev is in front is just comical. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I was hoping to catch the end of Piacenza-Perugia but it was already finished when Ravenna finishes to trash Trento. :aww: :S ;(
    I hope Sportube will load it at a decent timetable (today at 16.00 the matches weren't online anymore...)... They should check on the dictionary the definition of "ON DEMAND". :wall:

How did Parodi played? :heart:

• Djuric out for 14 weeks :white: :(
    Verona on the market.

Tonno Callipo Calabria Vibo Valentia - Kioene Padova 0-3 (23-25, 13-25, 20-25) - Tonno Callipo Calabria Vibo Valentia: Coscione 3, Lecat 5, Costa 5, Patch 7, Antonov 8, Verhees 5, Torchia (L), Presta 1, Izzo 0, Marra (L), Massari 2, Domagala 2. N.E. Corrado. All. Tubertini. Kioene Padova: Travica 3, Cirovic 11, Polo 5, Nelli 18, Randazzo 15, Volpato 5, Koprivica 0, Balaso (L). N.E. Gozzo, Peslac, Sperandio, Premovic, Scanferla. All. Baldovin. ARBITRI: Goitre mauro carlo, Cerra. NOTE - durata set: 31', 26', 26'; tot: 83'.

Bunge Ravenna - Diatec Trentino 3-0 (31-29, 25-15, 25-21) - Bunge Ravenna: Orduna 3, Marechal 13, Georgiev 8, Buchegger 19, Poglajen 12, Diamantini 7, Pistolesi 0, Raffaelli 0, Goi (L). N.E. Vitelli, Marchini, Mazzone, Gutierrez. All. Soli. Diatec Trentino: Giannelli 2, Lanza 8, Zingel 12, Vettori 17, Hoag 3, Carbonera 4, Chiappa (L), Teppan 0, De Pandis (L), Kozamernik 0, Cavuto 0. N.E. Kovacevic, Partenio. All. Lorenzetti. ARBITRI: Zavater, Simbari. NOTE - durata set: 37', 23', 29'; tot: 89'.

Azimut Modena - Gi Group Monza 3-0 (25-22, 25-14, 25-19) - Azimut Modena: Mossa De Rezende 2, Ngapeth E. 9, Mazzone 7, Sabbi 13, Urnaut 10, Holt 8, Tosi (L), Rossini (L), Ngapeth S. 1, Argenta 1. N.E. Bossi, Van Garderen, Marra, Franciskovic. All. Stoytchev. Gi Group Monza: Shoji 2, Botto 2, Buti 4, Hirsch 4, Dzavoronok 10, Beretta 2, Brunetti (L), Rizzo (L), Langlois 8, Finger 9, Walsh 0, Terpin 0. N.E. Arasomwan. All. Falasca. ARBITRI: Cappello, Rapisarda. NOTE - durata set: 26', 22', 29'; tot: 77'.

Wixo LPR Piacenza - Sir Safety Conad Perugia 0-3 (22-25, 24-26, 22-25) - Wixo LPR Piacenza: Baranowicz 3, Clevenot 15, Alletti 6, Hershko 9, Parodi 12, Yosifov 5, Giuliani (L), Manià (L), Cottarelli 0. N.E. Bricchi, Fei, Marshall, Monachesi. All. Giuliani. Sir Safety Conad Perugia: De Cecco 1, Zaytsev 4, Podrascanin 8, Atanasijevic 20, Russell 11, Anzani 1, Cesarini (L), Colaci (L), Shaw 0, Della Lunga 0. N.E. Siirila, Andric, Ricci, Berger. All. Bernardi. ARBITRI: Sobrero, Boris. NOTE - durata set: 29', 31', 28'; tot: 88'.

• Trentino is a mess. Zingel and De Pandis are the only good adds so far. Eder has 0 feeling with Giannelli. Vettori is Vettori and Lanza is Lanza. Time to show Kovacevic on court.

• I hope Sportube will load it at a decent timetable (today at 16.00 the matches weren't online anymore...)... They should check on the dictionary the definition of "ON DEMAND".

I know, would it kill them to have the replays available for more than super specific time slots?

How did Parodi played?

Parodi was hitting and passing well today, but Hershko still seemed to be the 2nd option.

Enjoyed this play where he almost gives Russell a concussion
    https://streamable.com/74auq :box:

• Their schedule of replay is inconsistent.

It's not helping there is not even a replay time for morning and evening. :down:

Atleast get that one right if you do not have a basic on demand service! :down:

Parodi played great in conjunction with Clevenot.

#FreeBritney

• Losing Colaci was bad for Trentino. He can man the backrow better than De Pandis and that really keeps the pressure off Lanza from receiving too wide of an area. Lanza needs to play better than this. I know it is too much to ask without Kovacevic it's difficult but since this is almost an entirely new team. The task falls to him as the one of the veteran of the teams to keep Trentino together.

#FreeBritney

• Hoag instead of Kovacevic (still muscular problems),

For the record, it is a different muscular problem than the one he had before Monza (abdominal muscles then, gluteo muscle now).

For the rest, I agree Eder-Giannelli intesa isn't there yet and that Zingel is playing good.
    On the other hand I'm not liking De Pandis very much after the Supercup (where I found him being probably the best of the team), I expected more from him while for the moment he is not making us forget Colaci. Chiappa is doing so and so but being his first titolar experience in A1 I'm more understanding with him, even if I expected something more already.

Lanza spiked with 50%, 65% (plus MVP) and 44% (but with practically the same efficiency, which is good); 3 blocked the first match, 1 and 1 the others; 1 error the first match, 1 the second, 0 the third. So he is definitely doing his part in attack, even if he could do a bit better (and I also watched the matches, so it's not just about the stats, he also closed difficult and/or important balls).
    On the negative side, he is struggling more than usual in reception (as the whole team) and with the serve but that it's definitely not a surprise.
    Vettori is doing quite well in attack (except vs Padova) but he has been blocked too much and for the serve look at Lanza (but Vettori is still doing better than him, he had many errors as often but also nice serve). He is also doing decently in defense, at least for his standard.
    Hoag did quite well in attack until today (20%).

In general, I would say Trento look quite messy especially in block-covering and it's struggling a lot in reception and in keeping playing when they eventually got out a difficult service run of the opponents. It happen vs Milano (third set), vs Padova (third set again), today.
    And for now I don't fill the sensation I very often feel with them, this confidence they would keep fighting and inverting an advantage of the opponents playing better the crucial moments.
    Plus I think a decent float server could come handy for every team, even if I know Lorenzetti wouldn't agree :P
    So many serve errors, and they're not even paying off... [Except vs Monza]

The good thing is that at least we won the most important match, the one vs Monza for the Italian Cup Final4 (and playing quite well, our best volleyball so far).

• I know, would it kill them to have the replays available for more than super specific time slots?

The funny thing us that when I wrote them a letter of complain, for the first time ever they finally answered... saying simply 'the matches are available from monday to friday', which isn't even true. One because these days last 24 hours and their "on demand" doesn't, two because for example the wednesday match obviously won't ;)

Obviously they didn't even bother to say 'yeah, we realize 5 days of on demand at strange timetable aren't enough'...

Now I'm checking every day the matches aired (if I remember to do so) so I can complain properly ;)

• I feel dumber talking to the elevensports customer representative. I told her I don't like their service because it's not even on demand and the replays are just about 3 hours per day and she had the nerve to tell me "what?" and that everything is live. She even close down the chat and I'm like... :down:

Edit: I also hate the fact they want me to turn off my adblocker and their chatbox is broken on windows. :down:

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Nice first set between Milano and Lube. Milano in control for a very long part of the set then Lube stepped up at the end as ypu can expect from a team like this and won it (helped that serve errors by Milano, that lowered the level of the serve).

• Give them some time... But I do agree for now.

I thought Lube was going to be first in RS again with Modena and Perugia second and third (in casual order), but for now the court says otherwise...

• Ps on Sportube I found out that if you pause an on demand video, you can still watch it even when the 'window' of visibility is ended (even closing the computer).
    Or at least, it worked for me so far ^^'
    I thought it wasn't going to since usually when I stand by the computer and turn it on again Sportube ask me to log in again. This time it didn't happen so far...

• Vibo Valentia's setter is tragic. Time to give the young reserve some chance if he's going to keep playing like that.

Glad to see Padova getting some traction in the league. Nelli is sensational. I just hopes he keeps the level til the end. Randazzo is showing his worth but he's still inconsistent.

#FreeBritney

• So it is Trentino-BCC NEP Castellana in an hour.

Okay... I know Trentino should beat this easily but given their performance in this month... I have to wonder cause Trentino is definitely bringing the drama and the thrills in the most suprising way. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Still no kovacevic.

#FreeBritney