Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Zingel is lost.

Anyone can tell where the ball will go and he's still deceived.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Great hit from Hoag. Hoag is playing really well today.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Trentino had a small window of opportunity to get to match point but that slipped away. Felt like there is little communication between these players killing their chances.

#FreeBritney

• Ok, I must say that for practically the first time since the Supercup I actually felt that Trento could close the gap his opponents gained at the end of the set, and in fact they did. Thumps up for that.
    Then – as usual in this season so far... – they gave away the effort of closing the gap and canceling set point after set point with mistake after mistake from the 9 meters. I think at least 4 in a row?

Nice set of Vettori imho, despite the last missile :P

• Quick look at Perugia and they are slaying. Bench is gonna come any minute now to close the match.

#FreeBritney

• I dont understand the strategy behind using Teppan over Vettori. I'm not saying Teppan is bad but it took months before Giannelli and Vettori had decent connection with each other and suddenly they made an out of the blue decision like this.

#FreeBritney

• Ok, I must say that for practically the first time since the Supercup I actually felt that Trento could close the gap his opponents gained at the end of the set, and in fact they did. Thumps up for that.

And I felt that again in the third set, I was feeling they could close both the 18-20 that the 20-22 gaps, so, that's a good thing. Is the thing I was missing the most by Trento.
    But then we wasted 2 set points (this time at least we had it) with serve errors, one by Zingel that was really frustrating.
    Also this time the last point was an error by Vettori, but if in the second set it came from a hard situation, this time it was a bad error :(

Anyway, overall I see progress from Trento, even if I think it's gonna be hard to win if we don't lower the serve errors and the wasted opportunities.

On Lube side, they weren't perfect either, but I always appreciate when a team step up at the end of the set/during the advantages to close it on their favor, so congrats to them!

• I dont understand the strategy behind using Teppan over Vettori. I'm not saying Teppan is bad but it took months before Giannelli and Vettori had decent connection with each other and suddenly they made an out of the blue decision like this.

I'm wondering about that too, one explanation I gave me was that Lorenzetti hoped Teppan could give something more in blocking, but who knows, may be it was partially an health problem (a light fever or something like that...).
    I'm hoping Lorenzetti will be asked to explain this in the interview ;)

On the other hand, I'm sad to say that leaving Chiappa (second libero) on the bench was probably a good idea, I think it was De Pandis best match since the Supercup today.

Zinger still the best in blocking, but today struggled in attack.

• From the other courts, Perugia won again in straight sets and – looking at the numbers and the fact that everybody except Anzani played a bit – it seems they did it quite easily.

Modena lost the first set of the RS (25-23 vs Verona) but then won the match apparently without too many concerns.

Milano-Ravenna was an interesting one but being Milano without Sbertoli and Fanuli it was predictable that Ravenna could win.
    I think Milano played with Averill and Galassi (4 blocks if I recall well).

Padova won in straight sets vs Sora, Nelli 6 aces. I guess most of them came in the second set won 25-13 by Padova.

Castellana-Vibo is being played now, Latina-Piacenza will be played in ten minutes.

• 3 games lost for Trentino and they still have some difficult matches left. When was the last time that happened?

#FreeBritney

• Modena lost the first set of the RS (25-23 vs Verona) but then won the match apparently without too many concerns.

Watched most of this one too. Verona actually looks like a strong team and was leading in the third set before a huge Modena run. Verona just gets in a funk too easily and starts making unforced errors.

Also the Bruno to Holt connection was looking fiiiiine. :obey:

• Communication seems like a big issue for Trentino lately. Maybe because of the new players as shame has said. It's like everyone's brains especially the ones at the backrow stopped functioning momentarily every time they are in a tight situation that should've been easily avoided.

#FreeBritney

• Finally... an anticipated match to look forward to for free. :roll:

#FreeBritney

• I'm actually glad that legavolley managed to fix the curation of their livestream channel. Every matchday was a mess with seria a2 games mixing up with superlega games. Sigh.

#FreeBritney

• Wtf! Kk15 do you have a problem with Trentino-Verona match. It's asking me to pay again. :read:

EDIT: It is working now.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Seriously if Medei has a bit courage ,he will play with Sander-Kovar line-up against great serving teams. For Christenson,Sander has already become first option,so why not strengthen the reception a bit? Although I’m refusing the idea to use Juantorena so rarely on offense :whistle: I’m sure there is something going between Christenson and Juantorena ,there must be some trust issues